Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What impactful player will the Patriots add?

• Marvin Jones

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Golden Tate

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Braxton Miller

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Kendall Wright

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Waiver wire Jag

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Ray Lewis might of hurt some people.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Goodell suspends Brady for lack of wrs

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word yet on who was released to make room for Darboh & Hansen?
Izzo to Ir.
I wish we had both of them at the start of TC, because I feel that with time they could both still become productive NFL WRs.
I think they will get a chance.

Speaking of WRs, I wonder what Andy thinks of Josh Gordon?
Love him like a brother. :cool:

Any word yet on who was released to make room for Darboh & Hansen?

I wish we had both of them at the start of TC, because I feel that with time they could both still become productive NFL WRs.

Speaking of WRs, I wonder what Andy thinks of Josh Gordon?

Will they be more or less productive than dorsett and Patterson? We basically have 3 productive targets once Edelman gets back with maybe throwing passes to the RBs. I have no faith in none of these guys. We will see.

First off how many players besides Gordon fit the criteria you just laid out?
That’s my point. You can’t say he is a typically patriots signing.
But give me anyone even close to those problems.

That’s my point. You can’t say he is a typically patriots signing.

If you lump him into the category of players with a checkered past (both on and off field)we’re not immune to bringing these players in if they can help the team (moss, Hernandez)

If you lump him into the category of players with a checkered past (both on and off field)we’re not immune to bringing these players in if they can help the team (moss, Hernandez)
“Checkered past”? That’s not what we are talking about. We are talking about being eligible and willing to play.
How does that equate to being suspended for substance abuse, what is it 6 times?
How many didn’t show up for camp because they had a custody case or checked into rehab the day they were allowed to report after suspension?
Moss or Hernandez were not multiple substance abuse violators who were one slip up from a lifetime ban, not had they say put 85% of the previous 4 seasons.

Ok show me how many players who were suspended multiple times and played 10 games in 4 years Belichick has signed.

How many players have played for BB who were in trouble with the league, did drugs, got drunk and beat up their spouses?

How many players have played for BB who were in trouble with the league, did drugs, got drunk and beat up their spouses?
I don’t know. Not many but I don’t know what that has to do with being unavailable because you keep doing things that get you suspended and don’t show enough car about football to show up at camp.

This isn’t a moral issue, it’s a reliability issue. Gordon is the least reliable player in the bro, probably in the history of the nfl.

I don’t know. Not many but I don’t know what that has to do with being unavailable because you keep doing things that get you suspended and don’t show enough car about football to show up at camp.

This isn’t a moral issue, it’s a reliability issue. Gordon is the least reliable player in the bro, probably in the history of the nfl.
Josh is available Week 1 assuming his hammy is ok.

Josh is available Week 1 assuming his hammy is ok.
Is he? He could flake before then and I’m worried about players who will be here in December January and February and he is probably the least likely player in the nfl to make it that far.

What I like About the limited videos I've seen on Hansen and Darboh is that both seem to catch the ball very well and go up and get it win on contested catches.
That's huge we haven't had that at receiver for a little while Moss obviously Givens was another.
I want to see more of Darboh he has some DeAndre Hopkins to his game built and how he contests for catches.
Curious why Seattle couldn't squeeze him in.
Hope for good things for both players here.

Thats the key difference with many posters and it not wrong one. I want Gordon because he turns a currently OK group into one of the best in the league.

Toast isn't Gordon on his best day.

As long as they keep him away from the Phish 2018 Fall Tour they are all set.

Yeah I don't know. I'm not saying that Patterson is better than 2013 Gordon only that Patterson is a viable weapon that is here and wants to be here.

Josh is one toke away from a lifetime ban.

Watching his film and looking at his splits Josh 2017 doesn't look as good as Josh 2013. Still very good no doubt but a lot of prevent defense 4th quarter yards or when trailing yards. But then again look who was throwing to him. So tough to judge. What is he now?

I'm not saying your argument is BS either. I like it but I just don't trust Gordon to live up to it. I'd prefer bringing in injury depth and get that guy up to speed and rely on what they have on the roster because I think it's enough to get the job done especially when Jules gets back on the field.

What I like if I got this correct Patriots have each under very reasonable agreements for 3 seasons?
Is that correct we take over the existing contracts?

Weakest group of wide receivers I have seen in a long time. Not a good way to start the season.

Weakest group of wide receivers I have seen in a long time. Not a good way to start the season.
Crazy to think it was once a position of strength. We’ve really got to hope for injury luck during the first four weeks of the season, which is almost certainly ruined now that I’ve gone ahead and typed it.

Yeah I don't know. I'm not saying that Patterson is better than 2013 Gordon only that Patterson is a viable weapon that is here and wants to be here.

Josh is one toke away from a lifetime ban.

Watching his film and looking at his splits Josh 2017 doesn't look as good as Josh 2013. Still very good no doubt but a lot of prevent defense 4th quarter yards or when trailing yards. But then again look who was throwing to him. So tough to judge. What is he now?

I'm not saying your argument is BS either. I like it but I just don't trust Gordon to live up to it. I'd prefer bringing in injury depth and get that guy up to speed and rely on what they have on the roster because I think it's enough to get the job done especially when Jules gets back on the field.
Sound logic. Bringing in the safe player is never a wrong move.

Too many questions and more often that not, the more questions a positions the more problems a team will have.

Josh a big fat question in his own right. I think boldness is required this year with the WRs. Tate would have been perfect. d%#*!@t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes