PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly aren't a pure 3-4 D like they were but I think it's debatable to say they don't play it.

Yup. The Pats use many different concepts along the line. They'll often line up with a 3-4, 2-gap look to one side, and a 4-3, 1-gap look to the other. And then change to something completely different during the snap count.

Yup. The Pats use many different concepts along the line. They'll often line up with a 3-4, 2-gap look to one side, and a 4-3, 1-gap look to the other. And then change to something completely different during the snap count.
Sure but the base D is primarily a 4 nan front in nickel with the dL shifted toward strength.
This puts the “non NT” DT in a role that Guy is not well suited for.

The issue with trades in the NFL is usually you get "chump change" in return.. most trades seem to occur to underperforming players who were perceived to be better fits in the NFL than they actually are..
You are hitting the nail on the head. No one will offer the Patriots anything for players they perceive they can get for free later.

Hoyer was a nice add-on, last year, when it was the only option. Unfortunately, he’s almost certainly the only option again this season, which kind of sucks.

What's a bit frustrating, though, is that a lot of this stems from their decision not to have a QB on the practice squad for most of the last decade. [As an example, I'm fairly certain that if Brady hadn't been facing a suspension in '16, the Pats wouldn't have drafted Brissett.]

What's a bit frustrating, though, is that a lot of this stems from their decision not to have a QB on the practice squad for most of the last decade. [As an example, I'm fairly certain that if Brady hadn't been facing a suspension in '16, the Pats wouldn't have drafted Brissett.]
On the other hand how many practice squad QBs ever contribute anything? It’s the longest of long shots. Wouldn’t do much good to have had the guy if he can’t play.

It wouldn't be out of character for the Jete to declare Darnold the starter and cut Bridgewater at the end of Camp.
I’m guessing that they’ll be able to find someone who coughs up a draft pick, but I’d be happy if he somehow made his way over here.

The issue of course, is that he wouldn’t know anything and probably couldn’t be counted on to backup the position during 2018. It looks like Hoyer is the guy to me, although I wouldn’t mind being pleasantly surprised.

Yep, I find this scenario far more likely than the trading of players.

But if I had to guess:
GeeNo Gruesome
Elandon Waivers
Glitch Richards

If a team calls and mentions the name Jordan Richards I’m accepting the deal before I even hear the offer.

I’m guessing that they’ll be able to find someone who coughs up a draft pick, but I’d be happy if he somehow made his way over here.

The issue of course, is that he wouldn’t know anything and probably couldn’t be counted on to backup the position during 2018. It looks like Hoyer is the guy to me, although I wouldn’t mind being pleasantly surprised.
Big TB fan. I had Carr, Jimmy & him all graded fairly closely so I'd be very happy.

I'm thinking Giants or NO tbh. Maybe Miami if they would inter div.

Agreed. I would have said Mason befor the Wynn injury. Brown seems to have really fallen out of favor.
Based upon what? Brown is playing with the first unit.

Agreed. I would have said Mason befor the Wynn injury. Brown seems to have really fallen out of favor.
Brown was a starter on Thursday again though, next to Shelton and ahead of Guy. He seems to be trending in the right direction.

If a team calls and mentions the name Jordan Richards I’m accepting the deal before I even hear the offer.
I am afraid if the trade partner hears Richards name there will not be any trades.

Brown was a starter on Thursday again though, next to Shelton and ahead of Guy. He seems to be trending in the right direction.

What's the take on DT Vincent Valentine??

The thing for me is that a lot of this "out of favor"/"back in favor" stuff is a direct result of the media's oversimplifications and relentless attempts to rank and categorize. So, "Brown is practicing with the #2s on defense" is really the media creating a narrative that Brown has been "demoted".

What might be the "real" story is probably more boring, and probably "too complicated" to explain in a Tweet.

My guess is that BB, Flores, and Daly (and possibly even Bielema) are focused on which interior DL tandems are able to handle what types of blocking schemes/protection calls and what types of situational playcalls. It doesn't really matter that the LBs behind them are (presumably) 1st-stringers or 2nd-stringers. It doesn't really matter if the DT tandem is facing an IOL of Thuney-Andrews-Mason, or Schwenke-Karras-Bowanko. These being low-speed, low-contact practices, specific blocking schemes probably matter more than the OL "talent" that's executing them, ... or what the LBs are doing.

IOW, the Pats coaches have already seen a full year of the Brown-Guy tandem playing against opposing OL starters. They need to be able to evaluate Shelton-Guy, Shelton-Brown, and both Shelton and Brown paired with Butler (v2.0). All that really matters to the coaches is that they see enough reps from each pairing to get a good eval.

Out of favor with whom? BB? Because they didn't extend him?

Yep, I find this scenario far more likely than the trading of players.

But if I had to guess:
GeeNo Gruesome
Elandon Waivers
Glitch Richards

Told you all Coach cap knows his stuff.:D

If Richards gets let go to a team we play, we can all be on the other side of something like this and get a good, hearty laugh out of it...

15344219981612673.gif

What? That was an awesome block Richards threw on McCourty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft