PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a huge mistake. Guy as the top non-NT DT will make it hard to fix the run d issues we had last year and we would have zero DT depth.

No need to sign Shelton if fat ass Malcolm is a big run stopper.

He looks lazy out there.

No need to sign Shelton if fat ass Malcolm is a big run stopper.

He looks lazy out there.
I feel like somebody needs to post a screenshot of Brown and Shelton on the field at the same time. You seem to think that’s impossible, but I can assure you that it did actually happen.

I feel like somebody needs to post a screenshot of Brown and Shelton on the field at the same time. You seem to think that’s impossible, but I can assure you that it did actually happen.
Both started last week.

Bill started Branch and Brown at the same time.

I dont think they are giving up a player this year but I can see them trading a mid to late round pick for a WR.

Originally I had it pegged as an lineman but hear me out... We dont know how long we have Trent Brown for. If he goes off and becomes a household LT name he may price himself out of here. Then you have Wynn ready to slide into the LT position if thats the case. If you trade Thuney however and Brown does leave for a payday...you now have a hole at LG and maybe RG too is Mason leaves. I think you keep as many olinemen onboard as you can this year. Make honest efforts to lock up trent brown and mason.

I dont think they foreshadowed this WR situation.. Matthews and Britt Injuries, Edelman 4 games..Mitchell's knee giving out. So they'll need to get creative to address it.

I'd keep an eye on the Lions/Titans who both have some decent talent spread out their WRs that probabbly wont be too expensive and can contribute.
Wow, I'm on to something......

What titan Wr would we even want?​

If his health checks out, a late rounder for rishard Matthews. Frees up room for players like sharpe and Taylor to take on bigger roles

If his health checks out, a late rounder for rishard Matthews. Frees up room for players like sharpe and Taylor to take on bigger roles
Why would they trade their top receiver for a late round pick?
Sharpe and Taylor aren’t exactly break our stars that can’t be held back.
Plus, Richard Matthews? Why?

Titans wideouts suck with the exception of Taylor. I want a guy that knows mcdaniels’ system. Emmanuel sanders would be perfect but the damn donkeys won’t give him up.
Gordon Julio Thomas Sanders
Chris Conley
How about Amari Cooper?
What if we could talk to the Raiders into parting with him?
Marvin Jones Golden Tate
Keenan Allen?
Kevin White?
I'm trying to think of receivers who are realistically attainable.
Humphries?
Rashard Higgins?

Why would they trade their top receiver for a late round pick?
Sharpe and Taylor aren’t exactly break our stars that can’t be held back.
Plus, Richard Matthews? Why?

He’s not going to be their top wr, Corey Davis is going to take that role.

He’s not going to be their top wr, Corey Davis is going to take that role.
Doubtful. But Matthews has been their top receiver. Why would they have any interest in dumping him for a late round pick?
And more importantly why would we want him anyway.

Doubtful. But Matthews has been their top receiver. Why would they have any interest in dumping him for a late round pick?
He’s had success against the Pats when on the Dolphins. The Pats went after him as a free agent.

I think the Pats trade for a WR we didn’t see coming ala Doug Gabriel in ‘06.

Doubtful? Lol you don’t take a guy 5th overall if you don’t expect him to become your number 1.

This is all hypothetical that they would move Matthews anway. I explained if they did it would be to free up bigger roles for youngsters like Taylor and sharpe.

Jordan Richards to the Chargers for Dylan Cantrell and a 7th.

Seriously ... as in, I'm seriously just throwing sh it against the wall now.
I'll take Jerry Cantrell in a heart beat even for the 5th :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back