PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. Guy is an average backup at best.
Valentine is sheltons backup at best.
Butler is down to 280 lbs and isn’t really a DT.
I read Butler is in the 290s now. I think it was Doug Kyed who did a piece on him. Added weight in his legs.

I read Butler is in the 290s now. I think it was Doug Kyed who did a piece on him. Added weight in his legs.

IIRC, I read somewhere that Butler had played his senior season at +/-300lbs, and then slimmed down for the pre-draft event schedule.

Chandler Jones for a bag of magic beans.

Seriously, its been said already, assuming that Kraft has told BB that he can't trade Brady, then Gronkowski would be the only one that has the talent and an acceptable contract that another team would trade anything of value for. Of, course, I don't care what they get in return, this team would be worse off without Gronk.

Nobody is trading for:
Allen and his $5 million contract
Richards
Gileslee

Mason would seem to me to be the "surprise" trade of the bunch. The Pats are relatively stacked with versatile bodies on the OL and they're more than likely going to let him go in FA next year anyway. So he would be my guess. I would say Richards, but I don't think anyone* would trade for him.

* = in their right mind.

Yeah, the legend of Ryan Allen. He's the punter. Ryan Lewis.

Actually, I suppose Lewis might get the Pats a conditional 6th or 7th. Or trade him to the Jete fro Bridgewater.

At that point, though, I'd think the Pats might want to keep Lewis, unless he just doesn't fit the scheme.

That's my guess too.
Hes at the end of his rookie deal. He didn't receive an extension. If someone came around and offered a 2nd rd pick and BB had line of sight into an adequate replacement would it be a dumb move?

I think Brown is a good player but a 2nd rounder is a bit rich

Mason would seem to me to be the "surprise" trade of the bunch. The Pats are relatively stacked with versatile bodies on the OL and they're more than likely going to let him go in FA next year anyway. So he would be my guess. I would say Richards, but I don't think anyone* would trade for him.

* = in their right mind.

Haven't followed any Lions preseason stuff but if Patricia feels that their ST are lacking that could be a destination for Richards. Add in any other of the teams that have big Pats connections as well (Titans, Bucs..).

Exchange of fringe players or late round picks. Not much to lose as he can be cut in 2 weeks with all of the other garbage.

Even if that’s so it’s still 290 and that’s too small for an early down nickel base DT.

Haven't followed any Lions preseason stuff but if Patricia feels that their ST are lacking that could be a destination for Richards. Add in any other of the teams that have big Pats connections as well (Titans, Bucs..).

Exchange of fringe players or late round picks. Not much to lose as he can be cut in 2 weeks with all of the other garbage.

Ultimately, I would want Richards to go to a team that we're playing this year so we can get some easy chunk yardage when he gets defensive snaps.

Hes at the end of his rookie deal. He didn't receive an extension. If someone came around and offered a 2nd rd pick and BB had line of sight into an adequate replacement would it be a dumb move?

I think Brown is a good player but a 2nd rounder is a bit rich

We would probably be looking at similar or less than what we gave up for Shelton.

Even if that’s so it’s still 290 and that’s too small for an early down nickel base DT.
I agree. They need at least 3 fatties up front.

I’m not sure why some are so worried about our WR depth. We can easily have multiple Backs out there.. Rex Burkhead is great option as is James white. That’s two slot guys there. Seems Patterson has been doing fairly well as well. They are high on Kenny Britt as well. Yes some are injured but honestly I’m not to worried at all. We always find a way to get ourselves into a position to win and we will again.

We would probably be looking at similar or less than what we gave up for Shelton.

A 2019 5th + Brown for a guaranteed 2019 3rd (possibly mid-round or higher), versus a very late 3rd-round Comp, or possibly even only a 4th-round Comp if he walks in FA.

Guy is 315 and VV is 325
Have you seen Guy play? We are screwed if he is the #1 off the nose DT. He plays like he is 280.
Valentine hasn’t played football in a year and at best is a Shelton backup.
You can’t trade brown and hope these 2 don’t suck. It would be nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye