PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What needs to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats1989

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Win or not, there are serious problems. 2-2 with TB, Atl, Oak in the next few weeks. First off, losing to KC and Car at home? Unacceptable. No excuses. You gotta beat those teams. Now TB, Oak, Atl in next few weeks? There are serious concerns. What does BB do?

OT, but the offense took way too much time to score that TD. I was screaming at my tv for them to hurry up.

The defense is off, lost too many folks and injuries. They just need to keep the boat afloat till late in the season and they grow into their role. I am not worried. Bye may be gone but who knows.

A lot of issues on D. Talent in the front 7 is unfortunately not great. Hightower and Flowers are very good. Wise has promise. Not much outside of them. We don't generate much pressure from the front 4 and that leaves the secondary covering longer.

The communication issues in the secondary need to be corrected NOW. Inexcusable that these issues continue. Coaches gotta get these guys prepared.

Luckily our division sucks but we are in for a tough stretch. Needs to get fixed fast.

Playing with more than 2 linebackers may help.

This. The third safety thing isn't working. We tried Jordan Richards out there week one in that S/LB role and it was a disaster. Now we have Harmon as the third safety and there are constant communication breakdowns (not saying it is DH's fault necessarily) and we are getting gashed by the run. I'm really not sure what they do from here aside from trading for outside help. I just don't think we have the personnel right now and I hate to say it but if we trade for anything it should be LB and/or a pass rusher (Collins and Chandler Jones would've been nice.....I know I know we won a Super Bowl without them)

remove josh boyer & steve belichick as the secondary coaches, release gilmore for starters
Release is too extreme. I will recommend sit. His presence has really destabilized the whole defense. Signing him and doing what we did to Butler shows we lack a bit of loyalty, especially Butler of all people. What had Gilmore than to be worthy of that contract?
Other than Brees, we have faced QBs that BB prefers to play contain and it has not worked.

The front seven had a couple lapses, but generally played well enough to win. Newton carved up the secondary.

I don't think that the entire defense sucks, but issues in the secondary cost the Pats this game and nearly cost the Pats the Houston game.

A lot of issues on D. Talent in the front 7 is unfortunately not great. Hightower and Flowers are very good. Wise has promise. Not much outside of them. We don't generate much pressure from the front 4 and that leaves the secondary covering longer.

The communication issues in the secondary need to be corrected NOW. Inexcusable that these issues continue. Coaches gotta get these guys prepared.

Luckily our division sucks but we are in for a tough stretch. Needs to get fixed fast.

The Bills beat the Falcons.

The biggest problem appears to be communication in the secondary.
They really have no idea what they are doing.

Rowe and Gilmour are totally confused. McCourty is not aligning them, assigning them responsibilities they understand. Butler appears equally confused on occasion.
Any bunch formation is a disaster. You see a lot of arm waving before the play as the players frantically, unsuccessfully try to figure out who is covering which receiver.
Even the Butler interception looked like a mistake - he left his area of coverage and for some reason Newton threw the ball into double coverage, ignoring another wide-open receiver.

So either somehow McCourty, Rowe, Gilmour, and Butler need to demonstrate an understanding of the defense, or they need to elevate the undrafted players behind them and try something else.

Can you stop posting ? That would be a nice change..

Why because things should be all rosey, and full of lolipops? This team is flawed...big time. Minus Brady, they are 0-4. They lost two home games to frickin KC and Carolina. That's inexcusable when you have Atlanta, TB, Denver, Oakland in the next seven weeks. I can't believe I'm going to say this...Buffalo needs to be taken seriously. They aren't going away.

Remember last season when Gilmore was pointing at a wide open Hogan scoring a touchdown and blaming the rest of his secondary? I'm starting to think that wasn't the secondary's fault. This guy points at who he's supposed to be covering from 10 yards behind on every big play. He is terrible.

The Bills finally got one over on us. He's so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he was sent here by the Pegula's to corrupt our team from the inside.

it wold really help if Jermone Buger could be assigned to other games. I'd also like to see Hightower back at MLB and something done to address the communication issues in the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes