PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do we want to see at Training Camp

I don't think the Bills should be the favorite to win the SB. I'm not saying the Patriots should either...but our OL, RB's, WR's and TE's are more talented then theirs. Yes Jonnu needs to play up to his abilities, Parker needs to stay healthy and so does Wynn and Brown. If those things happen and Mac makes a significant jump in year 2...then on offense we are a better team. Buffalo's D has some names but they are older.

Maybe I am delusional...that's a possibility. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I hope you are delusional.
Most of the bookies and so-called pundits have Bills as SB favs.
I don't think they're strong favs. Bucs, Rams and Chiefs are all pretty close.
More importantly, let's get back to the word "pundit". It's really a blend of punster and bandit; so shouldn't it mean someone who steals other people's jokes?

Better question: Who do we want to focus on in TC?

My answers:

1. LaBryan Ray, a 6’ 5”, 292 DE in the 3-4. He was very highly touted, made a good impression at Bama(they even burned his redshirt), until a lower leg injury derailed his great promise.

The idea was to pair him alongside Christian Barmore for a rugged, elite interior pass rush.

It can still happen.

Sam Roberts, the small school dominator, would get a lot of eyeball time, too.

2. Canadian football league player Drew Desjarlais. We desperately need a replacement for Karras. This guy is undersized but comes with high praise. It will be an uphill battle and a big transition for him.

The 6’ 2”, 314 pound Belle River, Ontario, native played at the University of Windsor. He played two seasons with Winnipeg, and started 14 games at LG.

Can he play center, too? Methinks he can. I’m routing for him to make the 53.

Send Ferentz into the coaching ranks with his dad and brother.

3. Tre Nixon. WR. His stellar play in shorts at minicamp, will it continue?

Doubtful he can make Agholor expendable. Can I hope for that? Yes, I am.

4. Marcus Jones. Punt returner extraordinaire. I love his elite athletic profile. Yeah, he’s 5’8”. Then again how tall his the Cheetah in Miami?

Can Marcus Jones cover Tyreek Hill in addition to bringing excitement to the punt return game? And his good character, handsomeness, and style will have companies clamoring to have him be in ads.

This was a perfect pick for the Patriots. And he will bring excitement to the fans.

Biggest thing to me in camp is who is on the field.
Every season we have guys banged up and not participating and it sets them back.
The rookies are usually the most susceptible. Thornton, Jones and Jones are the most important ones to be out there every day. (OL doesn’t seem to be affected as much)
For the veterans I think receivers and corners are most impacted because getting reps is important to build rapport.
For this team this year the LBs being healthy through camp is important
We need 2-3 of Mcgrone, McMillan, Perkins, Jennings, uche, Wilson to be out there, shine and separate themselves from the pack.

My answers:

1. LaBryan Ray, a 6’ 5”, 292 DE in the 3-4. He was very highly touted, made a good impression at Bama(they even burned his redshirt), until a lower leg injury derailed his great promise.

The idea was to pair him alongside Christian Barmore for a rugged, elite interior pass rush.

It can still happen.

2. Canadian football league player Drew Desjarlais. We desperately need a replacement for Karras. This guy is undersized but comes with high praise. It will be an uphill battle and a big transition for him.

The 6’ 2”, 314 pound Belle River, Ontario, native played at the University of Windsor. He played two seasons with Winnipeg, and started 14 games at LG.

4. Marcus Jones. Punt returner extraordinaire. I love his elite athletic profile. Yeah, he’s 5’8”. Then again how tall his the Cheetah in Miami?

Can Marcus Jones cover Tyreek Hill in addition to bringing excitement to the punt return game? And his good character, handsomeness, and style will have companies clamoring to have him be in ads.

This was a perfect pick for the Patriots. And he will bring excitement to the fans.
What? Ferentz into the coaching ranks?
He's one of our best backups that plays multiple positions.
Good Job.

My answers:

It can still happen.

Tre Nixon was in the slot at camp, not on the outside. He will not make Agholor expendable - Agholor plays on the outside not the slot.

Tre Nixon was in the slot at camp, not on the outside. He will not make Agholor expendable - Agholor plays on the outside not the slot.
So what? He can play outside and has. Minicamp is not camp.

Wynn was put at RT. Does that mean he won’t play LT in the season?

Front 7 on both sides of the ball. Want to see them stay healthy, and hear reports of great battles and cohesion between the grps.
How many fights is Strange going to find himself in? Besides his elite athleticism, he has that edge so lacking in the other starters in the OL. Conrad Dobler reborn. A name maybe familiar to old-timers.

Funny, I've seen him catch passes from the slot

What an absolutely ****ing HORRIBLE 2020 3rd round that was... All things considered, maybe Bill's Worst Round Ever.
Yes. TE Adam Trautman fell into our laps. And we go to two TEs who likely won’t make the 53.

I remember you being pissed st the time. Snd you’ve been proven right.

Funny, I've seen him catch passes from the slot

Funny I have seen QBs catch passes, WRs throw passes, TEs and WRs running the ball, etc. Do we really have to play this silly game? Agholor is mostly on the outside. Do we have to qualify every post to pass your insights? Spare me.

Funny I have seen QBs catch passes, WRs throw passes, TEs and WRs running the ball, etc. Do we really have to play this silly game? Agholor is mostly on the outside. Do we have to qualify every post to pass your insights? Spare me.
He spent 55% of the time in the slot with the eagles, 26% with the Raiders, and 7.2% of the time with the Pats. He plays from the slot more than you thought

So what? He can play outside and has. Minicamp is not camp.

Wynn was put at RT. Does that mean he won’t play LT in the season?

Agholor plays on the outside mostly. Nixon was in the slot during mini camp. Most likely, but not guaranteed, that Nixon will not effect Agholor's playing time. Parker and Thornton are on the outside, along with Agholor (mostly). Nixon is more likely to move inside.

Agholor plays on the outside mostly. Nixon was in the slot during mini camp. Most likely, but not guaranteed, that Nixon will not effect Agholor's playing time. Parker and Thornton are on the outside, along with Agholor (mostly). Nixon is more likely to move inside.
Ditto. He played in the slot a bit with the Eagles but he kicked butt outside with the Raiders. I fully expect him to contribute outside closer to what he did with the Raiders. There will be completion mostly with Parker but that is good.

In the slot I am hoping Bourne is there…he will help change the dynamic of the offense, I could see him being incredibly productive there with Meyers moving the chains at X.

He spent 55% of the time in the slot with the eagles, 26% with the Raiders, and 7.2% of the time with the Pats. He plays from the slot more than you thought

You know what I thought? Too funny. Completely wrong.

7.2% from the slot with the Pats and you are thinking he is a slot receiver? I stated he is an outside receiver, I guess I should have said he is an outside receiver 93% of the time. Sorry. 92.8% of the time. Now you feel better?

And those injuries were so severe that folks think that we are now not even a playoff team. ???

Those "injuries" didn't cause the collapse... Bad Football & an out-for-blood Bills team caused it.

You know what I thought? Too funny. Completely wrong.

7.2% from the slot with the Pats and you are thinking he is a slot receiver? I stated he is an outside receiver, I guess I should have said he is an outside receiver 93% of the time. Sorry. 92.8% of the time. Now you feel better?
First time in his career he's been on the outside that much. He's played almost as much in the slot most of his career.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back