PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do we do at CB if Logan Ryan leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been calling a Flowers to Pats for 1 year cheap cheap deal for a slot guy

Oh man, you are going to hell!

But yes, we have Gilmore. I feel the ability to wish him luck spending his 30 and still feel we are better!

Already there, bud. ;)

10M for Ryan vs 14M for Gilmore?????

Pats win again

Ryan is one of those guys. He couldn't hack it on the outside, got moved to the inside full time, and was halfway decent there. He's not irreplaceable by any stretch of the imagination and just got WAYYYYY overpaid by the Tits.

He is too slow to be an effective outside corner, but was one of the best inside corners in the league this year. How some here are ridiculously underappreciating how good Ryan is on the inside is very reminiscent of how Ghost is being reduced by many posters here to his FG/XP but his amazing kickoff performance is ignored.

The difference between what an inside and outside corner has to do is similar to what a FS and SS has to do. And yet I rarely hear Chung compared to DMac.

Now 10m are definitely too much for that role but that's an entirely different story.

He is too slow to be an effective outside corner, but was one of the best inside corners in the league this year. How some here are ridiculously underappreciating how good Ryan is on the inside is very reminiscent of how Ghost is being reduced by many posters here to his FG/XP but his amazing kickoff performance is ignored.

The difference between what an inside and outside corner has to do is similar to what a FS and SS has to do. And yet I rarely hear Chung compared to DMac.

Now 10m are definitely too much for that role but that's an entirely different story.

I'm curious, what metric are you using to rate him as one of the best nickel corners in the league?

I'm curious, what metric are you using to rate him as one of the best nickel corners in the league?

Great in run defense, sound tackling, got home more often than not during designated blitzes, competitive in coverage and a short memory.

He never was a shutdown corner because he lacked the skills and most importantly the speed for that.

Let's cancel the season because ryan's gone
Lol. One of those players that cashed in. I don't think it's a big lost. Good luck to logan with the tits.

Great in run defense, sound tackling, got home more often than not during designated blitzes, competitive in coverage and a short memory.

He never was a shutdown corner because he lacked the skills and most importantly the speed for that.

Mathieu
Roby
Robey
Lane
Munnerlyn

Just five right off the top of my head. I wouldn't put Ryan above any of them. I'm not ****ting on the guy. He was solid as a nickel corner. But he's not one of the best nickel corners in the league. All of those qualities that you mentioned are qualities in a nickel corner that Belichick has always shown the ability to replace. Remember when the board freaked out over Arrington? The sudden overrating of Ryan is much in the same vein.

Congrats to Logan, 2 SBs and a massive payday. He's a very lucky person

Mathieu
Roby
Robey
Lane
Munnerlyn

Just five right off the top of my head. I wouldn't put Ryan above any of them. I'm not ****ting on the guy. He was solid as a nickel corner. But he's not one of the best nickel corners in the league. All of those qualities that you mentioned are qualities in a nickel corner that Belichick has always shown the ability to replace. Remember when the board freaked out over Arrington? The sudden overrating of Ryan is much in the same vein.

I have a different opinion but whatever.. he is gone, lets move on.

You would have been over it even had the Pats not signed Gilmore. Why? Because Ryan is/was the most easily replaceable in-house FA the Pats had.
DuhWrong Harmon is the most easily replaceable in-house FA the Pats have.

10M for Ryan vs 13M for Gilmore.. .. . .thats a no brainer.... 3 million more for a shut down .... Ryan was good ...but not a shutdown...

Darius Butler has been playing pretty well (slot, FS, nickel) & he's very versatile as well. If BB's still in the spending mood, maybe he could come back on a fair deal. Already knows the system.

(Assuming our young CBs aren't the answer)

Although I do like both Cyrus & Jonathan Jones' potential.

Last edited:
th
1. She's hot. 2. We'll be okay without him.
th
3. This creepy thing reminds me of Goodell-better keep away, or he'll swipe another first-rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST