PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do we do at CB if Logan Ryan leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Cyrus was drafted to slide into that nickel spot to kind of fill in for Logan Ryan but we all know how that has gone so far so it may be back to the drawing board.

Thats incredibly bold to state I dunno about that.

It is definitely an outlier statement here, but there's no such thing as "incredibly bold to state" on an internet forum where lives are not affected by what happens on these pages.

The issue with Hightower at this point is durability and the sustainability of his play. He may want a final big contract - 5 years - which would mean that the Pats would know that the odds are, given the toll of injuries in the NFL, that they'd be overpaying for the last two. That's not what this team likes to do.

Everyone is so sure he's going to get $10m/year from somewhere? I don't think GMs are THAT stupid. Judging by the posts on this board, I'm one of Ryan's biggest fans here, but it takes about 5 minutes of watching film to realize he's not a number 1. I love having him on the other side though. 8M should keep him here, BB will decide if that's best for the team.
Extra ranch with my crow please.

time to panic

what are we gonna do now???

Well OP got his answer today

They go get Stephon Gilmore for 3m more per year than what Ryan got.

time to panic

what are we gonna do now???

notsure-1.jpg

I guess we got the answer to this thread yesterday.

We got Gilmore, I'm over it.

You would have been over it even had the Pats not signed Gilmore. Why? Because Ryan is/was the most easily replaceable in-house FA the Pats had.

You would have been over it even had the Pats not signed Gilmore. Why? Because Ryan is/was the most easily
replaceable in-house FA the Pats had.

For a usually pretty reasonable person you are sinking to uninformed lows with that statement. Sheard ? Mingo ? Long ?

Lets see if Cyrus Jones can pick up the slack as inside corner and be as consistent of a tackler, run defender, occasional blitzer and slot coverage guy as Ryan was. If he can get over whatever mental hurdles he has and fullfill his potential we should be fine. But even then expect lots of growing pains.

i was referring to myself

mom always said i was really funny.....and handsome
"The fact that you gotta talk about it means you're not"

For a usually pretty reasonable person you are sinking to uninformed lows with that statement. Sheard ? Mingo ? Long ?

Lets see if Cyrus Jones can pick up the slack as inside corner and be as consistent of a tackler, run defender, occasional blitzer and slot coverage guy as Ryan was. If he can get over whatever mental hurdles he has and fullfill his potential we should be fine. But even then expect lots of growing pains.
I wasn't aware that Sheard, Mingo, and Long were discussed in the same breath with Hightower, Butler, Ryan, or even Harmon. Perhaps you can show me where that happened? It's not uninformed. It is what it is. The board, going all the way back to when I first signed up here, has a tendency to vastly overrate guys based on seasons where the team achieves a Super Bowl appearance, let alone a win. Ryan is one of those guys. He couldn't hack it on the outside, got moved to the inside full time, and was halfway decent there. He's not irreplaceable by any stretch of the imagination and just got WAYYYYY overpaid by the Tits.

I think people are really down on Cyrus Jones due to his punt return gaffes. He wasn't terrible in coverage and he should be better heading into this season. The guy is a converted corner in college...so, he has lots of room to grow and tons of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots