PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First crack at the slot corner job goes to Jonathan Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting I'm rooting for C Jones for sure who wants to see a high pick flame out?
Would it be terrible for one practice to have the QB throw the ball right to him make it look accidental and build the man's confidence?
Then maybe he will get his swag back he had at Alabama.
Or could he be possibly trying to be cut to sign with his hometown Ravens?
Ha how crazy Harbaugh being like Cyrus we we're going to pick you in the third but BB took you a bit early what if you started to fumble and not be able to field balls BB hates that then act like your losing the will to play then we will trade for you for a very low pick or sign you off waivers.
Go Ravens Cyrus
Cyrus Go ravens
Talk to you later remember you cant catch balls let them go by better yet touch a kick during a game and let the other team recover it.
Don't worry you'll be home soon Cyrus.

J. Jones has been very competitive whenever he has been on the field. Not sure about C. Jones. I do believe that E. Rowe just doesn't have the quickness to play slot
J Jones hasn't been on the field.

So special teams play off the field outside the stadium? Damn i must have missed that the whole season.
Jonathan Jones 2016 Fantasy Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

You saw a lot is his 64 snaps on defense. Most did not.

However, I am one who has said that J Jones is definitely a lock as a special teamer, even if he had almost no position reps (as was the case in 2016). He is as valuable as Ebner or King. The possibility that J Jones can help as a corner, even as an emergency backup is gravy. If he or Cyrus have a good camp, Coleman could be gone.

I haven't seen this much venom and distrust of a player since Julian Edelman, before he broke out, or was it Danny Amendola, or was it Marcus Cannon, or was it Logan Ryan, or was it Patrick Chung, or was it Devon McCourty, etc, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure your post does what you think it does:

Edelman was a board pet that people championed as far back as his rookie season
Amendola's been pretty much what everyone said he was
Cannon's been up and down, though not deserving of the vitriol
Ryan was another board pet, and usually overrated, though it went hot and cold with him more than many others
Chung was a bust first time around
McCourty was what some of us thought he was
etc, etc, etc...
shrug.gif

I'm not sure your post does what you think it does:

Edelman was a board pet that people championed as far back as his rookie season
Amendola's been pretty much what everyone said he was
Cannon's been up and down, though not deserving of the vitriol
Ryan was another board pet, and usually overrated, though it went hot and cold with him more than many others
Chung was a bust first time around
McCourty was what some of us thought he was
etc, etc, etc...
shrug.gif
Board pet?????????????? Clearly you've been visiting a different message board the last several years. :rolleyes:

But your thoughts shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here, since you have never been wrong in your opinion on any player the Pats have drafted or brought in as FA's. While on the other hand, the rest of us mortals have to live with the memories of our many minstakes on players like Edelman, Amendola, Cannon, Ryan, Chung, etc etc, etc.

Board pet?????????????? Clearly you've been visiting a different message board the last several years. :rolleyes:

But your thoughts shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here, since you have never been wrong in your opinion on any player the Pats have drafted or brought in as FA's. While on the other hand, the rest of us mortals have to live with the memories of our many minstakes on players like Edelman, Amendola, Cannon, Ryan, Chung, etc etc, etc.

I'm not sure why you decided to get personal with this, and I admit to mistakes when I make them. You should give that a try.

And, yes, people were loving all over Edelman as a rookie. You may recall the games he played while Welker was down, for example.

And you can bring the players back up all you want, but it won't change the responses. A lot of people were very good on the list of players you put up. The only one that was a (basically) full miss for the board was Cannon (and, yes, as a matter of fact, I was one of the few who were defending Cannon).

Chung - Bust on the first go around
Amendola - Couldn't/Can't stay healthy, which limits his impact
McCourty - Not a CB (remember the *****ing about the hips observation?)
etc...

However, I am one who has said that J Jones is definitely a lock as a special teamer, even if he had almost no position reps (as was the case in 2016). He is as valuable as Ebner or King. The possibility that J Jones can help as a corner, even as an emergency backup is gravy. If he or Cyrus have a good camp, Coleman could be gone.
I see it the same way. I have both Joneses as a lock at this pint in time, Jonathan because he is a really good special teamer and Cyrus because i can't remember BB cutting a high draft pick (1-4 round) after just one year. I remember one play of Jonathan Jones that has stayed with me the whole year. In the Baltimore game he had a huge TFL (-4 yards) on the RB that IMO changed the momentum back to our side.

He made plays in training camp and was competitive in preseason.

He made plays in training camp and was competitive in preseason.
If he is good enough in this camp and off-season, we can carry 5 corners, cutting Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST