PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl ring count for each player on the 2018 Pats Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Like last year, I went through the entire roster again and organized how many rings each player/coach on the team has, interesting to see what # ring each player will be hoping to achieve.

-----------------------------------------------
Players

5 Rings
Tom Brady

2 Rings
Devin McCourty
Dont'a Hightower
Duron Harmon
James Develin
James White
Julian Edelman
Marcus Canon
Matthew Slater
Nate Ebner
Patrick Chung
Rob Gronkowski
Ryan Allen
Stephen Gostkowski

1 Ring
Albert McCellan
Brandon King
Chris Hogan
David Andrews
Elandon Roberts
James Ferentz
Joe Cardona
Joe Thuney
Jonathan Jones
Kyle Van Noy
LaAdrian Waddle
Malcom Brown
Shaq Mason
Ted Karras
Trey Flowers

0 Rings
Adam Butler
Adrian Clayborn
Brian Hoyer
Cordarrelle Patterson
Danny Shelton
Deatrich Wise
Derek Rivers
Duke Dawson
Dwayne Allen
J.C. Jackson
Jacob Hollister
Jason McCourty
John Simon
Keion Crossen
Keionta Davis
Lawrence Guy
Obi Melifonwu
Phillip Dorsett
Ramon Humber
Rex Burkhead
Sony Michel
Stephen Anderson
Stephon Gilmore
Trent Brown
Ufomba Kamalu

Coaches

7 Rings
Bill Belichick (5 Head Coach, 2 Defensive Coordinator)

5 Rings
Ernie Adams (Not technically a "coach", but you know)
Ivan Fears
Josh McDaniels (2 as Offensive Coordinator)

4 Rings
Dante Scarnecchia

2 Rings
Brian Flores (+1 as a scouting assistant)
Brendan Daly
Chad O'Shea
Jerry Schuplinski
Joe Judge
Josh Boyer
Moses Cabrera
Steve Belichick

1 Ring
Nick Caley

0 Rings
Cameron Achord
Deron Mayo

Front Office

5 Rings

Johnathan Kraft
Nick Caserio
Robert Kraft
-----------------------------------------------
Notes

-If Tom Brady wins his 6th ring, he will break his tie with Charles Haley (5 rings) and have more Super Bowl rings than any player (at any position) in NFL history.

-Bill Belichick is currently tied with front office man Neal Dahlen (5 rings with 49ers as staff/player personnel, 2 rings as Denver GM) with the most SB rings (7) of any person in NFL history. If he wins his 8th, he will break the tie and have more rings than anyone (coach, player, front office, etc.) in NFL history.

-Robert Kraft (5 rings) is currently tied with Edward J. DeBartolo Jr. (former 49ers owner) for the most SB rings by a single owner in history. If the Patriots win their 6th SB, he will break the tie and have more SB rings than any owner in NFL history.

-Ryan Allen would tie Ray Guy for the most Super Bowl rings (3) by a punter in NFL history.

-Brian Hoyer is currently the longest tenured Patriot (5 seasons) on the roster to yet win a ring and would be the oldest player (33) on the roster yet to win a ring. He would also tie Jim Miller (2004) for most other teams played for (6) before winning a SB with the Patriots.

-13 players are looking to join 22 players (Brown, Bruschi, McGinest, etc.) from the '01-04 run as part of the Patriots 3+ Ring Club

-Albert McCellan (2012 Ravens) and James Ferentz (2015 Broncos) are the only players on the 2018 roster to have a SB ring with another team.

-Eric Rowe is the only player on the Patriots inactive roster to have a ring (1). Any player on the active/inactive roster of the winning team on SB gameday is still officially recognized as a Super Bowl champion.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor they gave Scar one for 2014. He did some scouting for OL draft and FA prospects for the team

I heard a rumor they gave Scar one for 2014. He did some scouting for OL draft and FA prospects for the team

I'm sure he (deservedly so) got one as a gesture though he wouldn't be technically recognized as an "official" Super Bowl champion that year.

Pretty sure Fleming are a Cowboy

• Agree
Reactions: jah
This is cool and all but hate ring counting before they even play the game. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Or maybe I'm just superstitious. :eek:

Carry on. o_O

This is cool and all but hate ring counting before they even play the game. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Or maybe I'm just superstitious. :eek:

Carry on. o_O

Only counting ones already won ;)

For the Rams, I think only Aqib Talib has one ('15 Broncos) and Brandin Cooks has a SB visit....but got knocked out early.

Is that it?

For the Rams, I think only Aqib Talib has one ('15 Broncos) and Brandin Cooks has a SB visit....but got knocked out early.

Is that it?
CJ Anderson too and that's it unless you want to count Wade Phillips too.

Some potential career stats records on the table, varying in degrees of likeliness

Stephen Gostkowski
-With 3 XPs, Gostkowski (11, 2nd) can surpass Vinateri (13, 1st) for most career SB extra points
-With 3 FGs, Gostkowski (5, 2nd) can surpass Vinateri (7, 1st) for most career SB field goals.

Devin McCourty
-With 10 tackles, McCourty (24, 2nd-T) can surpass Rodney Harrison (33, 1st) for most career SB tackles.

James White
-With 3 rushing TDs, James White (3, 5th-T) can surpass Emmitt Smith (5, 1st) for most career SB rushing TDs

Brady already is already 1st in SB career passing TDs, yards, completions and attempt and will be looking to further extend his ridiculous leads in each category.

I like Gosts' chances of all time XP leader!

Crazy that almost all the field goals and extra points by the #1 and #2 kickers were scored while playing for the pats

BB/TB would also break the championship tie with Starr/Lombardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots