PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do we do at CB if Logan Ryan leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I see two options.

We could go the Laissez Faire route, and hope that Rowe continues his solid play and that Cyrus makes big progression, which is risky.

I think it's more likely we sign an older get CB, though not overpaying for one. I think Leon Hall would be a good option on the market right now, but Jason McCourty and Jonathan Joseph would be great options if they hit the market.

Thoughts?

Ryan was a liability in several games this past season, BB can find a replacement if it's not already in place.

I love Ryan, but I see him being the odd man out here. We have so many guys to pay, and you know he is about to get overpaid by some team. Wouldn't be smart to re up him with Butler being due up soon.
Ryan was a liability in several games this past season, BB can find a replacement if it's not already in place.

We can go cb with the Cleveland pick we'll get for Jimmy G. AT 12. M. Lattimore - Ohio St or one of the Florida cb's. Since it's such a good draft for cb's, we could go DL at 12 and move up slightly from 32 into 20's for a cb.

We might be able to swing a trade with the Aliquippa Correctional League and pick up Revis. Will the league allow him to play while wearing an ankle tracking device?

Ryan is pretty underrated. His prep for opponents was incredibly detailed. He played outside and inside. He could blitz. He is a great tackler. He's very instinctive and got his hands on a lot of passes. Yes, he would give up some underneath stuff, but overall he brings such a great mix of talents to this team. I want him back.

If he goes, however, then I'd like to draft Gareon Conley. He might not be the best corner in the draft, but he reminds me the most of a Patriots corner.

With Malcolm, Rowe, Jones, JJ and Coleman they have a very good top-end of the position but unproven on the bottom.

I actually think Cyrus should some very good ball and cover skills in 2016 pre-season. Just needs to be smart and play with confidence.

Who knows what JJ can do in a regular role Hes smallish but FAST.

I think Coleman is good as gone.

Follow the BB positional replenishment plan that we've seen for 17+ years...

-Draft
-UFA
-JAG
-Vet FA who has either been good, bad or ugly somewhere else.

Camp traditionally has 10-12 DBs competing for 5-6 spots.

Is this guy going to make more money than talib or chris harris jr? I find it hard to believe. He was very solid for us though. I hope we still look at a corner in free agency. If shields didn't have head issues i would take a chance with him on a 1 year deal.

Is this guy going to make more money than talib or chris harris jr? I find it hard to believe. He was very solid for us though. I hope we still look at a corner in free agency. If shields didn't have head issues i would take a chance with him on a 1 year deal.

He's going to make some very decent coin for what he brings to table. He's a decent slot corner that can get burned deep. Excellent tackling skills, though. That's why I always thought he could be a decent safety in the event that McCourty got injured.

I don't think it will happen but at the right price I'd be happy to have him back.

Without him it's next man up Rowe, Cyrus, and JJ. You could go the free agent route and/or draft to add competition but as long as Butler and DMac keep balling we should be good. Always welcome competition and improvement anywhere.

Cyrus was drafted as 2rd pick for potential replacement.
Same measurements and similar combine numbers, Cyrus is film junkie like Logan.
He just have to erase that season and like he said in last interview practice practice practice. We will se in FA and draft what is his value to BB.

O dunno, this?
7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Bill will do what bill does and find his replacement. Probably via draft.

He played exceptionally well down the stretch and in the playoffs. We'd be lucky to have him back, as literally every Pats fan would agree. However, in the likely scenario that he leaves, I will trust Bill to find a suitable replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back