PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the 3-4 Chargers (and they're on a roll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This smells like a trap game since the Chargers haven't been worth a damn for so long.

You make some valid points. Bosa is a beast but this is where BB separates Pats from other teams by Not buying into a trap and looking ahead but plan on who is coming up next on their schedule, ala "We're On To Cincy" in this case Chargers.

Spent some time looking at the Chargers after they shut out the Broncos to climb to 3-4 after starting off 0-4. This is a team that is drinking the Kool-Aid that 1st-time Head Coach Anthony Lynn is ladling out.

See the sack of QB Simien at about the 7:00 minute mark of the video below. Flattened.
What they didn't show was an even harder sack by Ingram that leveled Siemian. He led with his shoulder and appeared to contact Siemian mid chest while he held the ball. What looked like a textbook legal sack was called "roughing the passer" and I didn't think Siemian would get up. After that, our O Line better bring their A game Sunday.

Did you see the big hit by this former Gamecock? (hit is in second video)

Going cross country twice in three weeks is demoralizing. The 1pm time slot will make the first half ugly for them. Bosa is a stud though so the D could get some sacks on our sieve O-Line. Looking for a 27-13 type of game.

The record of West Coast teams playing on the East Coast at 1 pm is terrible, something like a 35% winning percentage. San Diego is 5-9 from 2014 on in 1 pm EST kickoff games...
I doubt that's terribly out of line with their overall road record over the same time period.... but yes, I agree WC teams don't seem to travel east as well as east coast teams going west...

What they didn't show was an even harder sack by Ingram that leveled Siemian. He led with his shoulder and appeared to contact Siemian mid chest while he held the ball. What looked like a textbook legal sack was called "roughing the passer" and I didn't think Siemian would get up. After that, our O Line better bring their A game Sunday.

Did you see the big hit by this former Gamecock? (hit is in second video)
A “textbook tackle” on a QB is a guaranteed flag in the nfl

Never forget the 2006 AFCDG. So incredibly epic.

Although, good chance that if we had lost to them, Seyton only has 1 ring but the saltiness of Lady T has made it well worth it
If Manning didn’t have the first ring he never would have gotten the second because he would have tried to carry the Broncos to prove he earned it instead of having the rest of the team overcome him as it’s biggest liability and carry him to a ring.

Run the damn ball. Quick passes to the backs. I don't want to see TFB back there waiting for 4 seconds to throw the ball. Pass rush will be negated a bit since the Pats are at home. If the D plays well we should be able to limit Rivers. One of the TD's last week was on ST so the Donks D held them to 14 points.

My worst fear is clowns. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEvil clowns.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

484944638-it-sewer.jpg

They can't run the ball (31st Run O, 79.1 per game and a 3.5 ypc) and can't stop the run (31st Run D , 140.6 per game and 4.9 ypc). Pats have their full compliment of backs now and you saw what it did to the Falcons. Wouldn't surprise me if this a game where we see the Pats run it 40-45 times and Brady throws it no more than 20-25 times.

Pats coming into this one off of some very solid run games game
23 carries 113 yards 4.9 ypc vs the Bucs
25 carries 118 yards 4.7 ypc vs the jests
35 carries 162 yards 4.5 ypc vs the Falcons

Bosa and Ingram while they are good to great pass rushers don't hold up in the run game and that's why the Chargers are being gashed on the ground.
So Dion Lewis will have a Cat like performance?

High pitched voiced Rivers crying, "That's the sorriest corner in the league."

I think the problem is NE right now is considered the second or third best AFC team so we are always stuck with CBS’ B team.
Well, if true, that’s just beyond stupid.

NE and PHI are the only teams in the league to have won 5 of their last 6.

If the online radio player works this time around, I'm going to try to sync Zolak & Socci with the CBS feed on Sunday.

There are many times when I’ll see something in the game from the other room before my wife will, and we have the same channel on. I have to hold my cheers or groans until after she’s seen it. It’s just hard to get things synched up right. Good luck.

Well, if true, that’s just beyond stupid.

NE and PHI are the only teams in the league to have won 5 of their last 6.

Nantz and romo have only done the thursday night Buccaneers so far...and they were required to do that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST