PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this game we have 5 AFCE games and Pitt left. I don't like how unbalanced the schedule is. Couldn't put some AFCE games earlier?

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Thread title is wrong.

"We're on to Mexico"

Brady owns Pittsburgh

If you want to discuss why you believe NE is better than PIT (there are plenty of ways, of course) that’s one thing, but the narrative of “Brady owns Pittsburgh” in and of itself is stupid. Pretty sure that I was there in ‘11 when they beat Brady. Past results have nothing to do with the future.

Didn’t we recently learn that with the all-time struggles @Denver?

I doubt that you will be able to prevent that. How ?
Same way they do here, search people going into the stadiums, metal detectors and go thru bags. It isn't foolproof but it reduces the chances of some nitwit blinding a player...

I doubt that you will be able to prevent that. How ?

Military-grade reflective visors on every helmet with sensors that activate an automated reverse-tracking death-ray system (the sensors tack the laser beam back to its source and the death ray fries it).

If you want to discuss why you believe NE is better than PIT (there are plenty of ways, of course) that’s one thing, but the narrative of “Brady owns Pittsburgh” in and of itself is stupid. Pretty sure that I was there in ‘11 when they beat Brady. Past results have nothing to do with the future.

Didn’t we recently learn that with the all-time struggles @Denver?

Pats are better offensively and defensively. I like how we match up against them.

Pats are better offensively and defensively. I like how we match up against them.
I’d like to see a page taken from those who have had success doubling Brown. Smith-Schuster is a pain in the ass, like I stated during the summer. Bell is always a threat, but as long as we keep him limited we should be good.

Their defense has drastically improved, however. They are showing more man coverage with the success of 1st rounder Burns and 2nd rounder Davis in the secondary. The front seven is much better, too.

I’d like to see a page taken from those who have had success doubling Brown. Smith-Schuster is a pain in the ass, like I stated during the summer. Bell is always a threat, but as long as we keep him limited we should be good.

Their defense has drastically improved, however. They are showing more man coverage with the success of 1st rounder Burns and 2nd rounder Davis in the secondary. The front seven is much better, too.

We can never overlook a team but let's be honest we have the biggest advantage outside of the field. Bill vs Tomlin. For some reason as well brady gets really hyped for the steelers. Maybe it will be competitive. Squealers are probably sick of losing to us. They haven't face an offense like ours.

The Raiders OL hasn't played as well as they did last year. Carr tends to lock onto Crabtree and Cooper when his line struggles. When he's able to get Cook involved, the O looks much better. Beastmode is nothing special at this point. The D is really Mack or bust at this point. Irvin has aged in dog years on the other end of the DL.

Pats have to brain fart this one away, IMO.

Yo soy fiesta,
Chris

I’m rarely this confident but this is a total mismatch on paper. The Raiders lack the cover CBs & LBs to hold the offense back that much. I could see a 350 4 game from Brady. They are absolutely horrendous defending the pass.

Defensively, we’ll do enough to contain the predictable Raiders offense. The spread seems 3-4 points too low IMO.

Next month will likely determine where the second game is played, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see an overreaction in Dec and a rematch in Jan.

Something to ponder in terms of game planning, showing a full hand, etc. I’m guessing Pittsburgh will throw everything at the wall next month, whereas Belichick may be slightly more reserved, keeping a trick or two in the bag.

Sup, so what you are saying is BB will try some drop kicks, Statue of Liberty plays, Brady option sweeps etc etc to throw off Pittsburgh's gameplanning for the playoff game?? :):)

I’m rarely this confident but this is a total mismatch on paper. The Raiders lack the cover CBs & LBs to hold the offense back that much. I could see a 350 4 game from Brady. They are absolutely horrendous defending the pass.

Defensively, we’ll do enough to contain the predictable Raiders offense. The spread seems 3-4 points too low IMO.

If the Patriots (1) can stop the run especially on 1st down (which they seem to be able to do), (2) Gilmore, Butler and Jones/Jbad can keep WR coverage competitive, (3) the OL can protect Brady satisfactorily, IMHO there isn't anyone the Patriots can't beat. This isn't to say the D will look like the 85 bears or the O like the 2007 Patriots, however, from a complimentary standpoint the weight of play on both sides of the ball will be an irresistible force against the vast majority of teams. Only an Eagles or Steelers or the like could still come out with a victory if the Patriots are doing 1, 2 and 3.
If we do 1,2,3 against the Raiders then we can punch that card. If we don't do 1.2.3 then we'll need to tough out a full 4 quarter played victory.

The Raiders OL hasn't played as well as they did last year. Carr tends to lock onto Crabtree and Cooper when his line struggles. When he's able to get Cook involved, the O looks much better. Beastmode is nothing special at this point. The D is really Mack or bust at this point. Irvin has aged in dog years on the other end of the DL.

Yo soy fiesta,
Chris

"Yo soy fiesta"
And Chris reveals himself to actually be Gronkowski. I always figured some players coaches and media came here under stealth names :)

Military-grade reflective visors on every helmet with sensors that activate an automated reverse-tracking death-ray system (the sensors tack the laser beam back to its source and the death ray fries it).

How about an Anti-Laser- Missile? Just park it on the sideline.

upload_2017-11-14_2-0-20.png

One other factor to consider. The Pats just played a game at altitude ( 5200 ft) and are training at altitude before going on to Mexico City ( 7000 ft). The Raiders were on a bye week and if they do the usual go into a city a day or two before for an away game, I would give the advantage to the Pats for preparing for the elements... Raiders could easily get gassed if they aren't acclimated...

I heard you need 2 weeks to acclimate to altitude. Apparently the Pats are at risk of dehydration, lack of stamina, and altitude sickness(if that's a problem) vs the Raiders who come in 24 hours before the game so they can avoid the problem..

I wonder how it will play out.

Yo soy fiesta,
Chris

The recent Raider results do not paint a pretty picture. They have the dubious distinction of being the last team to make people think the Bills are a force to be reckoned with. They are the last team to provide Denver a win. They did win their last game -- beating the butt ugly Phins by a whopping 3. However, the Raiders did have a nice 4th quarter comeback to beat the Chiefs. That's their only recent notable accomplishment.

Given the direction the Patriots have been going and the lack of direction the Raiders have been going, it does appear on paper that if the Patriots don't beat themselves then a win is very very likely. Of course on paper doesn't mean squat until the final score is in the books. And Mexico City game creates a bit of a wildcard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe