PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 pre-game discussion... we're on to Oakland...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats giving 6 to 6.5
O/U 48

Derek Carr looked darn good against the Saints last night. This could be another shoot-out...

cam.jpg

...Cam, once again you're gonna hafta cowboy up. ;)

Another test for our secondary.

Raiders leading receivers are Darren Waller, a TE and Josh Jacobs, a RB. No receiver on that team has more than 5 receptions and 60 yards

Raiders leading receivers are Darren Waller, a TE and Josh Jacobs, a RB. No receiver on that team has more than 5 receptions and 60 yards
It's more the way Carr is playing. Similar to Cam he is playing great with the receivers he has. He is completing 73% of his passes and has 4 TDs with no picks. Impressive.

Okay... so the Raiders are better on O than D... the Pats are doing okay on both... and the Ravens are off the charts.

giphy.gif

...if I'm reading this correctly... :confused:

It's more the way Carr is playing. Similar to Cam he is playing great with the receivers he has. He is completing 73% of his passes and has 4 TDs with no picks. Impressive.

I think his point was that it's not necessarily going to be a game where our corners are challenged. Linebackers and safeties will need to be involved. Their receiving corps is average. I'm wary of Ruggs' speed, but it should be a good test for facing Hill, who may be a step faster.

I expect a bounce-back performance from the defense, since they won't have to fear Carr's legs quite as much. I do expect him to pick up a first down here and there, but he's not the elusive threat that Wilson is.

I think his point was that it's not necessarily going to be a game where our corners are challenged. Linebackers and safeties will need to be involved. Their receiving corps is average. I'm wary of Ruggs' speed, but it should be a good test for facing Hill, who may be a step faster.

I expect a bounce-back performance from the defense, since they won't have to fear Carr's legs quite as much. I do expect him to pick up a first down here and there, but he's not the elusive threat that Wilson is.
I hope so. I am very weary of our LBs and teams eating us up in the middle. Carr can throw the ball every bit as good as Wilson. Our corners will be tested.

I wonder if we will see Gilmore on Waller and Jackson on Ruggs with a safety shaded to his side?

I would've penciled this game as a guaranteed W, but seeing them against NO on MNF I was impressed by them. I still think we win, but it is definitely not going to be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back