PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 Pre Game Thread - Ravens @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ravens blitzed Flacco 17 times. Baltimore blitzing the Dolphins blew up because they have Waddle and Hill and Tua made throws like Josh Allen. The Pats dont have WRs like that so there is no reason to worry about deep throws. You can still blitz and choke of the short passing game. The Bills do it to perfection.

The Bills have LBs to cover RBs and TEs along with a good secondary. The Ravens LB corps is banged up, their secondary has been terrible dating back to last season, and they don’t have a deep ball offense that they need to defend. If they blitz that often, they’re stupid and they’re playing right into our hands. They’re better off relying on stunts, twists, and disguised 4-man rushes to try to pressure Mac. Otherwise, we will eat them alive with YAC and dominate T.O.P.

Any suggestions on where to eat before I get inside? Obviously not fast food but new to the area this time and would love to try some Boston signature meals.
Try Skipjacks. Always good food.

I watched the Chargers-Chiefs game and like half the fans in the crowd looked like him. This might be a “thing”
The young generation does love their irony.

Not really. That’s actually pretty meaningless simply because the match-ups are completely different. The Patriots weren’t spying Tua nor were they sitting in press or off zone to keep their eyes toward him. They’ll do more of the latter (likely) with Lamar.
Truthfully, I was looking at the level of "whoa. Apparently that Miami offense we held to 20, including 10 points more or less gifted to them, is a significant force at least against Baltimore."

Matchups ain't nothin', but if we just saw the "real" this-year's-model of Tua and company, he's finally the guy the draftniks thought he was. By the same token, whatever we did and the Ravens didn't against MIa.'s receivers, it worked. You fill in the blanks. Was there ever potential for that kind of offensive eruption vs. us, and it just didn't happen because of how brilliantly we defended it? Did they let Tua be Tua against Baltimore, but not against us?

And on the other side of the ball, do you really think Lamar Jackson will be no big deal, and the Dolphins just can't play D vs. Baltimore (but can vs. New England?)

granted, matchups dictate a lot, games fall into rhythms, and you can get a 7-3 final between two offensive juggernauts. With this crew the Pats will do their best to minimize the potential for the shootout, at least for now. But Baltimore looks a little less offensively feckless than Tru*****sky & co.

Ergo the "good test for the defense." I mean, maybe they'll be a breeze.

Just my .02.

Hoping for some good news on Dugger.

I don't follow any of the lesser 31 unless they are playing the Pats, so I am shocked to find out that Baltimore is still starting Lamar Jackson. This dumb bastard couldn't even read a children's book, let alone an NFL defense.

Your act is reaaaaally getting tiresome dude. I'd put you on ignore if I could lol. Joking around is fine, but having literally 100% of your post output be homer satire is really obnoxious.
The very first time the over-the-top pro Mac thing was arguably a satire (I even speculated we had a Patsfans.com version of the Borowitz report). However, a satire like the Borowitz report (or, for that matter, any comedian) doesn't keep telling the same joke, they move on to other satires or jokes. Moreover, there is a big difference between doing an over-the-top homer act and saying something like that about Lamar Jackson, who apart from being a children's book writer "has prided himself on working with children and teens throughout his young career." Lamar Jackson writes children's book I am personally glad that have Mac instead of Jackson, but the original attack on him would seem to say more about the poster than Jackson.

It's an intentionally over the top act, that's either grown from an actual overly optimistic fan view, or is parodying one. Either way, it's lame and not nearly as funny as the poster thinks it is. Best thing you can do is ignore it.

2 game sample size? Jones as a rookie last year was a better passer than Jackson has been in any year before. You'll say 2019 he won the MVP the only thing he has on Jones for that as far as passing goes is more TDs and less INTs.
The bolded just isn't true btw. I mean I doubt you'll discount a 3/1 almost 4/1 TD INT ratio if Jones ever does that but the bolded still is false.

2019 - 8.19 any/a 7.13 na/a. 8.9 AY/A. 7.8 YA

Mac's high at any point is is 6.22 any/a 6.64 na/a 7.3 ya 7.0 ay/a.

Also they take the same % of sacks 1.8 for Jackson, 1.6 for Jones but Jones takes much worse sacks at almost 14 per sacks compared to 8.8 for LJ.

And hes doing it on a team that doesn't invest $ in WR and with an offense that's constantly banged up so he's dealing with stuff as well. You can look at the stats, film. Jackson has been a better passer.

The bolded just isn't true btw. I mean I doubt you'll discount a 3/1 almost 4/1 TD INT ratio if Jones ever does that but the bolded still is false.

Also they take the same % of sacks 1.8 for Jackson, 1.6 for Jones but Jones takes much worse sacks at almost 14 per sacks compared to 8.8 for LJ.

And hes doing it on a team that doesn't invest $ in WR and with an offense that's constantly banged up so he's dealing with stuff as well. You can look at the stats, film. Jackson has been a better passer.
Bro don't even waste your time. That man would rather have Mac than Rodgers/Brady this season.

I'm genuinely curious how macs 2021 year could beat Lamar's 2019 season in any capacity/metric/common sense outside yards.

I get Mac's our guy, not Lamar, but that comment you quoted Isn't even grounded in reality.

I get people to like crap on QBs that aren't traditional pocket passers (or he isnt OUR guy) but Lamar is legit.

Bro don't even waste your time. That man would rather have Mac than Rodgers/Brady this season.
When Mac10 throws for 500yds plus this weakened he'll have a legitimate case. :rofl:

I'm genuinely curious how macs 2021 year could beat Lamar's 2019 season in any capacity/metric/common sense outside yards.

I get Mac's our guy, not Lamar, but that comment you quoted Isn't even grounded in reality.

I get people to like crap on QBs that aren't traditional pocket passers (or he isnt OUR guy) but Lamar is legit.
He was box score scouting and has no idea what he's talking about lol. That was one of the best seasons a QB has had in the last 25 years.

Im really not trying to diminish Mac but it's ok to have an honest convo about this stuff.

He was box score scouting and has no idea what he's talking about lol. That was one of the best seasons a QB has had in the last 25 years.

Im really not trying to diminish Mac but it's ok to have an honest convo about this stuff.
Yeah I've always said let's give Mac 3 years and then evaluate. He's been solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back