PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 Pre Game Thread - Ravens @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Our first home game this year. Coming off a win against the Steelers, would love to build on that momentum. The Ravens coming off a bad loss against the Dolphins, we'll see how it affects them this week. I think the main thing is make sure we get out in front and get off to a good start. Let's make Baltimore a one dimensional team where Jackson can be erratic at times throwing the ball.

Let's discuss!!!

Last edited:
Last time...

Yes that was Cam Newton's Pats beating the Ravens. I'm sure the monsoon in the 4th quarter helped a bit but still

Last edited:
Too early to tell, but I have some optimism that the offense makes a decent stride this week. For one, here are Mac's splits home/away from last year:

By Home/AwayGGSAttCmpPctYdsYPATDTD%IntInt%LgFD20+SackLossRate
Home Games9930420768.12,2427.4165.372.375110331512197.5
Away Games8821714566.81,5597.262.862.84467191312085.4

I think his biggest strength is pre-snap reads and communication, which is more challenging in a loud road environment. So it SHOULD look like a smoother operation this Sunday. Obviously we need him to get better on the road going forward, but that's the rub right now.

Second, this Baltimore defenses looks like it can be had a little bit.

On defense, I wonder if we pull a page from that Chargers playbook a few years back, where they pretty much played 7 DB's exclusively to contain Jackson's speed and make him throw into flooded zones. We have the safeties to run that kind of defense (assuming Dugger isn't hurt bad). We've typically played Jackson pretty well, except for that very first game against him in 2019.

The worst passing yardage defense of 2021 is also the worst passing yardage defense of 2022 so far. Feels like another opportunity to go three-wide all day and get extra CBs on the field.

The defensive plan last time they played Jackson was very good, and they pulled it off with considerably less talent. Looking forward to seeing how they fare this time against Lamar.

It's great to be home, too. Always a special feeling watching a football game at Gillette.

The pats are equipped to defend the Ravens with 3 safeties & Mack Wilson on the field. The Ravens pass rush & CB depth has been weak to start the season.

Winnable game with good matchups for the pats. Mac has to bring his A game because there will be opportunities to spread them out IMO.

Hopefully the Ravens' confidence got shaken after their choke job yesterday...

I don't follow any of the lesser 31 unless they are playing the Pats, so I am shocked to find out that Baltimore is still starting Lamar Jackson. This dumb bastard couldn't even read a children's book, let alone an NFL defense.

Our first home game this year. Coming off a win against the Steelers, would love to build on that momentum. The Ravens coming off a bad loss against the Dolphins, we'll see how it affects them this week. I think the main thing is make sure we get out in front and get off to a good start. Let's make Baltimore a one dimensional team where Jackson can be erratic at times throwing the ball.

Let's discuss!!!

Really hope our D is ready Lamar Jackson is going to be a problem both running and passing. Sometimes I wished we had drafted a few years back.

I don’t feel too good about this matchup. Their d seems to be their weakness but i dont think our offense is ready yet to take advantage of that. I’ve been really liking our defense thus far but dont think they can carry us on their back to victory in this one, that offense is too good to hold under 20. Have to shorten the game and hope for our guys to make some plays at the end .

I don’t feel too good about this matchup. Their d seems to be their weakness but i dont think our offense is ready yet to take advantage of that. I’ve been really liking our defense thus far but dont think they can carry us on their back to victory in this one, that offense is too good to hold under 20. Have to shorten the game and hope for our guys to make some plays at the end .
Here's a tip for Mac Jones and the Patriots' Offense Do Not Fall Behind! Or Jackson will kill us and the clock with his RPO's.

Here's a tip for Mac Jones and the Patriots' Offense Do Not Fall Behind! Or Jackson will kill us and the clock with his RPO's.

Baltimore has always been a tough matchup for us, even in our hayday. I am very encouraged by run d though the first 2 weeks so i think we can slow them down. Concern is though with that offense you know theyll put up points even with a great defensive effort so our offense needs to grow up in a hurry if we’re gonna win this one!

Baltimore has always been a tough matchup for us, even in our hayday. I am very encouraged by run d though the first 2 weeks so i think we can slow them down. Concern is though with that offense you know theyll put up points even with a great defensive effort so our offense needs to grow up in a hurry if we’re gonna win this one!
I think its' Mac who's going to have to grow some in this one he has to be better and more consistent. Need a better game from him we haven't seen a complete game form him since last year very concerning.

The pats are equipped to defend the Ravens with 3 safeties & Mack Wilson on the field. The Ravens pass rush & CB depth has been weak to start the season.

Winnable game with good matchups for the pats. Mac has to bring his A game because there will be opportunities to spread them out IMO.

Feels like it's all about playing contain with Jackson and bracketing the deep ball on defense. They can do it. On offense, Mac could be fit to feast. He shouldn't be under fire from the opposing DL as much as he was the prior two weeks.

This will be a really good test for the D.

Offense should be able to move the ball on them.

This will be another must win AFC game.
It would be a feat if they hold the Ravens O to 20. I think our Offense is going to have to find a way to score 21.

I'm really interested to see how our faster LBs and extra safety are going to bracket Lamar's runs and handle him. This might be a different look for us against him. Judon, McMillan, Mack Wilson, 3 up front, 3 safeties in Dugger, Wilson, McCourty and maybe Peppers. Heck, they may go 4 safeties to handle Andrews as well.

I mean, if you take away Lamar's runs and Andrews in the passing game, the game is over. You win.

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see how our faster WRs and extra safety are going to bracket Lamar's runs and handle him. This might be a different look for us against him. Judon, McMillan, Mack Wilson, 3 up front, 3 safeties in Dugger, Wilson, McCourty and maybe Peppers. Heck, they may go 4 safeties to handle Andrews as well.

I mean, if you take away Lamar's runs and Andrews in the passing game, the game is over. You win.
I Remember TE Mark Andrews in the Draft many moons what a crappy write up for a good player. Boy did he prove those Draftniks wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back