PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 Pre Game Thread - Ravens @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to read some of the takes from our brethern regarding other QBs. Allen only got good because of Diggs, Jackson isn't very good, Tua sucks if not for Hill/Waddle and poor defense against him, etc.

Won't spend any time on Allen (his play speaks for itself) or Jackson (@BaconGrundleCandy covered him well). On Tua, the dude is 9-1 in his last 10 games. He's 4-0 against the genius defensive coach (no other QB has done this against BB Patriots). I know just 2 games but he's gone off with McDaniel's new O and weapons. His stats have exploded this season (8.66 ANY/A, 8.08 NY/A, 9.5 AY/A, 8.9 YA). McDaniel has been able to uncover his potential. Nobody wants to acknowledge that MIA had a bottom 2 OL his first 2 seasons. We know how much of a difference that makes.
i already said before the season and end of last season they were one of the worst o lines last year and destroyd our run defense easily.
They added o-Linemen with armstead and williams as vets and added rb/wr who can play.
Also an offense minded coach.

On Tua, the dude is 9-1 in his last 10 games. He's 4-0 against the genius defensive coach (no other QB has done this against BB Patriots). I know just 2 games but he's gone off with McDaniel's new O and weapons. His stats have exploded this season (8.66 ANY/A, 8.08 NY/A, 9.5 AY/A, 8.9 YA). McDaniel has been able to uncover his potential. Nobody wants to acknowledge that MIA had a bottom 2 OL his first 2 seasons. We know how much of a difference that makes.
I think the 4-0 is a little misleading in a sense that he's winning because of his defense. He's not putting up great numbers against us. In 4 games he has 3 td's and 2 int averaging 181.5 yards per game and a 65% completion %.

This just tells you how football is the ultimate team game. It's not a one man sport and in this case, he's getting a lot of help from his defense and supporting cast.

Last edited:
IIRC didn’t we take Winovich off the edge & put him at the Mike spot in order to spy Jackson in 2020? That was pretty impressive, if I must say so myself. Wonder who it’ll (primarily) be this week…? Wilson, Phillips, Peppers or Dugger?

The pats are equipped to defend the Ravens with 3 safeties & Mack Wilson on the field. The Ravens pass rush & CB depth has been weak to start the season.

Winnable game with good matchups for the pats. Mac has to bring his A game because there will be opportunities to spread them out IMO.

I don't remember Godchaux returning after he was injured.. How much of that 4 YPC was also without him?

IIRC didn’t we take Winovich off the edge & put him at the Mike spot in order to spy Jackson in 2020? That was pretty impressive, if I must say so myself. Wonder who it’ll (primarily) be this week…? Wilson, Phillips, Peppers or Dugger?
My guess is it will be Wilson and Peppers. I have a feeling Dugger's is gonna miss a few games with his knee injury.

Anybody know if he returned to the game? He’s been big for them so far this year. Quiet since drafted, but has been showing up lately.

Here we are, it's wednesday and Devurnay still hasn't practiced. Not looking good for him..

This is the pass you don't think Mac could throw:

BTW, this throw could have been intercepted if the defender timed his jump better. He was in position to intercept the ball.

But Cowherd and I am are talking about this underthrown floater.

And this one which isn't as underthrown.

The comparison was Allen to Tua.

That Tua TD bullet looked like Allen threw it.

Fun hypothetical:

How would we be if we had drafted LJ?

If he would have developed as well (which i think he would not), with our better overall defense... Yeah, would be nice i fell

I know some of you don't care about these things but for those who do....

NFL.com has as at 18 in their power rankings.
View attachment 45538

Espn.com has us at 16
View attachment 45539

I think we are top 15 through 2 weeks
15, 16, 18…all those rankings are pretty accurate considering we’re only thru week 2. We’re a middle of the pack team as of now. Hopefully onward and upward…

280a184e63617525a5dd672ae26ad8f9.jpg

Does paramount play the fox games or just cbs?

paramount is cbs

Ahh gotcha, im clearly way outta the loop on this stuff lol but I have free paramount through my cell provider. Guess it wont help this week. Hope the antenna picks it up

Does paramount play the fox games or just cbs?

Just CBS. What I'm doing for this next stretch is buying one month of YouTube TV (you can also do Hulu Live or another equivalent). Costs $65 for the month, but there are three games in that stretch that are on either Fox or ESPN. Not the cheapest option, but more reliable than trying to find stable streams, IMO.

EDIT: If you do this, just make sure you sign up on gameday this Sunday (the 25th) as the ESPN game against Chicago is next month on the 24th, so you want to make sure it's covered within that month.

The bolded just isn't true btw. I mean I doubt you'll discount a 3/1 almost 4/1 TD INT ratio if Jones ever does that but the bolded still is false.

2019 - 8.19 any/a 7.13 na/a. 8.9 AY/A. 7.8 YA

Mac's high at any point is is 6.22 any/a 6.64 na/a 7.3 ya 7.0 ay/a.

Also they take the same % of sacks 1.8 for Jackson, 1.6 for Jones but Jones takes much worse sacks at almost 14 per sacks compared to 8.8 for LJ.

And hes doing it on a team that doesn't invest $ in WR and with an offense that's constantly banged up so he's dealing with stuff as well. You can look at the stats, film. Jackson has been a better passer.

Not sure what you mean by 14 per sack compared to 8.8 for LJ. Where did you get the 1.8 % of sacks for Jackson? Jackson, for his career is at 7.2% compare to 4.9%. Did you mean Interception % where Jackson is at 2.3% compared to 2.6% for Jones?

Yards lost per sack (lower = better) : Mac = 8.6. LJ = 4.9

Dropbacks per sack (higher = better) : Mac = 18.6 LJ = 12.85

Not sure what you mean by 14 per sack compared to 8.8 for LJ. Where did you get the 1.8 % of sacks for Jackson? Jackson, for his career is at 7.2% compare to 4.9%. Did you mean Interception % where Jackson is at 2.3% compared to 2.6% for Jones?

Yards lost per sack (lower = better) : Mac = 8.6. LJ = 4.9

Dropbacks per sack (higher = better) : Mac = 18.6 LJ = 12.85
Screenshot_20220922-110243_Chrome.jpg

Don’t love that McMillian and Dugger aren’t practicing this week. Need both of them (Dugger, especially) for Jackson. At least we have Wilson and Peppers. Fingers crossed one or both of Dugger/McMillian can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick