PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 Pre Game Thread - Ravens @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Vince is no longer as big. Happy to see him addressing his health. Love the player & the guy (but in a hetero way).

A lot of linemen on both sides of the ball slim down a lot after they retire. During their careers, they try to put on weight. After they retire, there is no need.

We could have had him in 2018 but we passed on him twice for a short armed stump guard and average Sony Michel. He’s entering his peak years, I would offer him a huge contract. Instantly upgrades our offense
My last post notwithstanding, I was really pissed at the time that we didn't take him.

I didn’t say it was? I said the defense was playing well despite losing major guys.

Sorry, I inferred that JC was one of those slow guys on defense no longer here... My bad!

It is fun to think about what could have been, hindsight is 20/20. Everyone would have lost their mind if the spent a first round pick on a QB while TB12 was here. Trying to bring him in now at peak dollars with the current roster build for a different set of skills is not realistic.

Another interesting What Coulda Been is the one where Bill drafts Dak Prescott instead of Jacoby Brissett...

...With that being said, I hated the Wynn pick (wanted Calvin Ridley), but not Sony Michel as he was viewed as a dual back. While Michel was terrible post 2018, the Pats don't win the Super Bowl in 2018 had they not had a RB who took advantage of his opportunities.

Pats would've won the SB in 2018 just as easily with Nick Chubb, if not easier.

"Makes sense..."?

Within No level of quantum reality in which the NEP are a legit contender does the promotion of Harvey Langi EVER "make sense."

There goes Lazar shilling for the company again...
Great depth at linebacker! It needs to be celebrated!

This is such a baller move. Bill is basically out here saying "I, Bill Belichick, hereby certify that Lamar IS worth a mega-deal." He's not saying HE intends to make an offer, of course, but that is a potential big boon for Lamar's negotiating position... Harbaugh and co. are probably pissed.

I can't think of a time Bill's ever done that before or even anything remotely similar. Harbaugh will probably say it's "deceptive" and ask for a rules change in the offseason.
I can't prove it but this was intentional on BB's part. I love it. So does Lamar.

While I think NG is a miserable troll, there was a lot of talk about drafting him at the time
I agree, I don't think this invalidates the basic point that people would have been upset that the draft did not add immediate value to TB12s team.
Agreed. BB has said, I believe, that the Pats repeatedly spoke to and scouted Lamar. I am sure they were very robust in their evaluation.
After forcing the trade of JG, RK would have been angry about not positioning the team in the short term. My recollection is that they did some solid evaluation, but stopped short of a robust consideration.

I can't prove it but this was intentional on BB's part. I love it. So does Lamar.
No doubt Harbaugh make BBs s-list with all the whining illegal formations, etc.. This is a superior FU from the master.

Sorry, I inferred that JC was one of those slow guys on defense no longer here... My bad!
Sure HT was slow but he still brought a lot of know how to the field and leadership to the locker room. And with Jackson they lost talent they did not replace. I did not expect the D to be competitive but I have been pleasantly surprised. And I expect improvement as well. I’m not expecting a division title but the possibilities are better than I had envisioned.

Game Preview: Ravens at Patriots

2022 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDBALTIMORE
Record1-11-1
Divisional Standings2nd (T)1st (T)
Total Yards Gained647747
Total Offense (Rank)323.5 (22)373.5 (12)
Rush Offense101.0 (19)109.0 (18)
Pass Offense222.5 (17)264.5 (9)
Points Per Game12.0 (29T)31.0 (4T)
Total Touchdowns Scored38
Total Yards Allowed550927
Total Defense (Rank)275.0 (4)463.5 (32)
Rush Defense78.0 (5T)84.5 (8)
Pass Defense197.0 (9)379.0 (32)
Points Allowed/Game17.0 (8)25.5 (23)
Possession Avg.30:3326:22
Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost2/202/2
Sacks Made/Yards6/404/20
Penalties Against/Yards10/706/34
Punts/Avg.7/40.68/46.5
Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio-2 (22T)+3 (4T)

Sure HT was slow but he still brought a lot of know how to the field and leadership to the locker room. And with Jackson they lost talent they did not replace. I did not expect the D to be competitive but I have been pleasantly surprised. And I expect improvement as well. I’m not expecting a division title but the possibilities are better than I had envisioned.
After a few games the defense looks solid to me, answering questions at CB and the line. My concern is at LB, Wilson is playing better than expected and Bentley has been fine, but McMillan hasn't looked good when he was in and now is hurt, and Mcgrone doesn't look like he's ready to help yet.

Game Preview: Ravens at Patriots

2022 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDBALTIMORE
Record1-11-1
Divisional Standings2nd (T)1st (T)
Total Yards Gained647747
Total Offense (Rank)323.5 (22)373.5 (12)
Rush Offense101.0 (19)109.0 (18)
Pass Offense222.5 (17)264.5 (9)
Points Per Game12.0 (29T)31.0 (4T)
Total Touchdowns Scored38
Total Yards Allowed550927
Total Defense (Rank)275.0 (4)463.5 (32)
Rush Defense78.0 (5T)84.5 (8)
Pass Defense197.0 (9)379.0 (32)
Points Allowed/Game17.0 (8)25.5 (23)
Possession Avg.30:3326:22
Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost2/202/2
Sacks Made/Yards6/404/20
Penalties Against/Yards10/706/34
Punts/Avg.7/40.68/46.5
Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio-2 (22T)+3 (4T)

Passing Offenes Will Be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back