PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

week 10: NE@DEN . Practice News

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple years ago the pats played the donkeys in denver, oswieler was the qb he had stepped in for an injured manning. everyone including me thought it would be an easy win, we lost oswieler played very well so it could happen again.

Given the fact that NE was missing their top two receivers and top two RBs in that game (along with the season-long OL skeleton crew), I don't recall anyone but irrationally exuberant expecting an easy win.

The worst part is, we could have won it easily. Osweiler was locked on Thomas, he heaved like zillion throws his way and not one was completion, we were up 21-7... and then there was Harper. Osweiler finally hit Thomas for one crucial catch and they had 17 points in no time. One of the strangest games in terms of our personnel, we had one viable WR and two decoys in Martin and Harper, even Asante Cleveland got a look when Chandler briefly went down.

Wow I didn’t realize it’s been that long..

DL Ricky Jean Francois is one . a vet signing from the street now not good news..
hopefully just short term backup

Don't know if he can help or not. We will have to wait and see. But I like this guy already. He owns 30 Dunkin Donuts. As a business owner myself I am not a big fan of franchising, but that's a different topic. This guy gets it. Passive income. Anybody who plays football and makes even just four or five million take home should be set for life. Nice to see an athlete that gets that and is not stupidly wasting his money. I bet he lives a better post retirement life than a lot of guys who made 20 times what he did.

So what's with the malcolm Mitchell saga? Is he out indefinitely along with valentine?

Bennett really helps the WR situation so Mitchell is not a desperate need if we go the two TE's. If we can even get half a Bennett last year coupled with a healthy Gronk we cannot be stopped.

Given the fact that NE was missing their top two receivers and top two RBs in that game (along with the season-long OL skeleton crew), I don't recall anyone but irrationally exuberant expecting an easy win.
Given the patriots were 10-0 and defending champs on a 23-1 steak (aside from 2014 week 17 game with starters sitting) I doubt many pats fans expected to lose.

“Easy win” depends on your expectations. If you were one of the 16-0 crowd (they were 10-0 at the time, of course) then you expected an easy path to victory.

If you had any common sense and a hint of past experience with watching football, you knew that each and every game presents its own challenges, despite the records and past streaks of the two teams.

BB is also three wins away from putting up his 17th consecutive winning season - second only to Landry, who had 20 consecutive (Madden is third with 10).

In honor of the amazing success we have been able to enjoy, here's a tribute to BB's first victory for the Patriots...

Given the patriots were 10-0 and defending champs on a 23-1 steak (aside from 2014 week 17 game with starters sitting) I doubt many pats fans expected to lose.

WestSteakSeafood_Ribeye.jpg

I did…because, you know, Denver.

Just like I expect them to lose tonight, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back