PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

week 10: NE@DEN . Practice News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the Broncos missing 60 yo 70 yards of offense means, not counting garbage time, they will end up with 60 to 70 yards of offense. The Broncos offense is misfiring so badly they simply cannot afford the loss of one of the precious few productive receivers. Without Thomas they almost have no chance to win unless they run the ball wildly well, they get defensive scores or short field TO FGs, or they win the game by a score of 3-0 or 6-3.
Still a chance for Thomas to play. We'll see. But given the titanic fail they are going through on offense, losing Thomas would be shockingly bad misfortune.

We said the same thing about Carolina this year, where the Panthers went from having 288 yards against NO and over 400 against the Pats the next week. Even last year, the Seahawks had less than 280 yards against the Bills but put up over 400 against the Pats.

I have got a feeling Sundays game will be like most Pats games this year. Tight and nerve racking! BB will challenge Brock Osshitler to make his throws and put the game on Brady to make his.

I only know this through fantasy this year (so take that for what it's worth), but I'm pretty sure DT has been missing a practice every week so far this year. It's maintenance on a veteran with nagging issues, but he almost always plays on Sunday.

We said the same thing about Carolina this year, where the Panthers went from having 288 yards against NO and over 400 against the Pats the next week. Even last year, the Seahawks had less than 280 yards against the Bills but put up over 400 against the Pats.

I have got a feeling Sundays game will be like most Pats games this year. Tight and nerve racking! BB will challenge Brock Osshitler to make his throws and put the game on Brady to make his.

Both Carolina and Seattle have accomplished veteran QBs and have the same coaching staffs for awhile.

The Broncos have Asswheeler and a brand new coaching staff across the board.

Not saying that your feeling about Sunday is wrong, just that your comparisons may not help your justification.

Both Carolina and Seattle have accomplished veteran QBs and have the same coaching staffs for awhile.

Not saying that your feeling about Sunday is wrong, just that your comparisons may not help your justification.

I think this team is what this team is. Inconsistent on both sides of the ball but they know how to win. But I think games are going to be tight - in many ways just like 2003 - and that was not a bad year! It is just really hard on my heart and my liver.

Maybe so Luuked, maybe so. But it's hard to imagine even an overrated but still capable receiver removed from that offense will not make it worse. Look at the last 4 games including total points scored minus garbage time, meaningless, prevent defense scores. In parenthesis is Thomas' portion of the passing yards.

KC 13 (1/3)
Eagles 9 (1/3)
Giants 3 (more than a 1/3)
Chargers 0 (1/12th)

Thomas is a third of the little success they are having. I just don't see how the Broncos aren't notably worse without him. Not that they weren't doing this before but teams will be stacking (so to speak) against the run and the Broncos appear powerless if they do.
If he is injured they still get to use 11 players.

Last game Waddle played he looked much improved both in pass protection and run Blocking. At first I was surprised they kept him but that game answered my fears. Also Blocking Von Miller is a chore we can only hope to contain him. Those long Developing pass plays should be thrown out against Denver's Defense they are just too fast. We have to dink and dunk against them with our RB's and Gronk. Rex Burkhead should be healthy and sure hands James White is a Beast we are going to need them underneath.

I'm not sure "accomplished veteran" has any real meaning here. When NE's defense is off they can make anyone look decent.

What is important is that they've improved of late and tamed much better QBs, albeit at home. I'm expecting a mild step back and a game that is tighter than we would hope.

Last year's game was a comfortable victory in the end because the D became dominant (especially Branch and Brown), stopped the run and forced Siemian into repeated 3rd and longs.

But, boy, were Brady and White terrible to start with! TB was something like 0 for 4 throwing to White on short outs and screens.

Not sure if this is a smokescreen or not, but Broncos say they will run the ball first against NE....Our run D is only ranked 21 and I am sure they will try to run with CJ Anderson, kill the clock and try to keep the score low.

Broncos want to get back to run-first plan vs. Patriots

Last edited:
If he is injured they still get to use 11 players.

Any replacement to fill out the 11 will do?

stock-photo-isolated-funny-old-man-67494772.jpg

Is Brown out? Malcom Brown? I know the donkeys are crappy but boy it takes a told missing so many starters.

Waddle block VM?

giphy.gif

Chris Hogan still in a sling...according to Jeff Howe :(

Well we will see a lot of Dorsett. Let's see what he brings to the table. He has had enough time to learn this offense.

Just hope McDaniels doesn't kid himself and call a lot of slow developing pass plays...we won't have that kind of time against that fast Von Miller lead D.

I'm not sure "accomplished veteran" has any real meaning here. When NE's defense is off they can make anyone look decent.

What is important is that they've improved of late and tamed much better QBs, albeit at home. I'm expecting a mild step back and a game that is tighter than we would hope.

"Accomplished veteran" compared to Osweiler.

Except for the KCY, NOL and ATL games, every game has been close this season, closer than I'd prefer (especially for night games). I'm pretty much expecting a final score similar to the average of the last four Pats games. But I don't think that it will be because "Denver always plays us tough" or because "we always play poorly in Denver", etc.

I agree that there's a potential for the Pats D to regress a tad, and that the Pats O is short-handed in the passing game and unlikely to put up 30, or maybe even 21. That should make it a close game right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes