PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video: All of Brady's Pass Attempts vs KC: (Weak "fluttering" arm my ass)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day you do some critical thinking is the first time I will ever care about anything you have to say. So if I were you I'd save my time.

Do you actually enjoy posting here? Like... do you get anything out of this? I'm not sure if it's better that the answer is yes, and you enjoy being the way that you are, or if it's no, and you keep being the way you are despite it being a miserable way to be.

Do you actually enjoy posting here? Like... do you get anything out of this? I'm not sure if it's better that the answer is yes, and you enjoy being the way that you are, or if it's no, and you keep being the way you are despite it being a miserable way to be.

Whatever. I'd say by my ratings, most would disagree with you pink hat. I do me, you do you. Like the other pink hat, you'd do well to do some critical thinking. Nothing worse than being a pink hat man. That's some bad stuff right there.

Whatever. I'd say by my ratings, most would disagree with you pink hat. I do me, you do you. Like the other pink hat, you'd do well to do some critical thinking. Nothing worse than being a pink hat man. That's some bad stuff right there.

Meanwhile in more than one thread relating to the front 7, I've been accused of being a chicken little who's looking for stuff to nitpick about and selling our guys short.

Proof, I guess, that reasonable, moderate perspectives look unreasonable to the clueless extremes on both sides.

Disclaimer: I am posting this for discussion purposes only. I am not an expert and my opinions are simply my own but are always open for feedback or discussion.

No, there weren't any "fluttering" passes and no, there wasn't any evidence of any weak arm BS.

I am hoping this will lead into some football discussions about and some confidence in the Pats offense.

Each pass is displayed twice. Once from the sideline view and once by the end zone view.

My notes. Opinions are typed in red.

View attachment 17980
View attachment 17981
View attachment 17983View attachment 17982

Things to watch for: (Listed by pass number)

# 4 - Amendola jukes that **** out of a DB's shoes to get open for a 16 yard gain.

# 31 - How easily Brady threw a 54 yard bomb. Weak arm my ass.

# 41 - How Dorsett affected the coverage.

Enjoy!

Criticisms and other feedback are welcome.

References:

Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - September 7th, 2017 | Pro-Football-Reference.com
{0} - NFL Game Pass | Live Preseason Games & Game Replays

Everything about play #1 was so perfect right up until the very end of it. Sucked that Brady missed the throw, and sucks that Allen may have pulled up a little short (hard to say without knowing what they were supposed to do), but everything about how that play was drawn up was great, and it's one of the reasons why I'm really excited to see what Allen is going to add to this offense. Brady knew he was facing zone coverage based on the motion, Cooks and Burkhead's routes vacated that whole intermediate side of the field, and Allen was wide open. A slightly better throw and that connects with a bunch of YAC.

Stuff like that is why I'm not too worried about this offense. Finding a quick option to keep defenses from forcing everything downfield will be an issue, but I believe the Pats have the personnel to fix that to an adequate extent. Then I think we'll see a lot of 2TE offense with Lewis or White in the backfield forcing the defense into consistent mismatches. We'll be fine.

That said, there were a few plays while Amendola was in that would have been sacks if he wasn't on the field:

#2 - there was a play to be made to Hogan over the middle, but Brady had to go short because Chris Jones was pushing Andrews back into his lap. All around I thought the OL played well, but that's a tough assignment for Andrews and I'm a little surprised he got it - pulling Thuney put him out in space 1 on 1 vs. Jones, and I don't think that's a matchup Jones will consistently handle. If that play had happened after Amendola went out, it's probably a sack. #4 - Brady almost got sacked anyway, on account of Solder's whiff. Without Amendola that would have definitely been a negative play. Those are the two that immediately come to mind.

Watching this also made me feel better about Gronk. There were a few plays where the pass went to someone else based on pre-snap reads, but where he beat double coverage and the ball could have gone to him if Brady had to go through his progressions.

Last edited:
I will be looking for much more accurate passing in NO.

My guess is you won't be looking for anything other than a few off target throws from Brady so you can come back here and tell everyone how awful he is again. I can pretty much confirm I didn't watch the same game as you based on your "analysis" of Brady's performance.

Did you really just try to defend your positions based upon the number of "likes" you have?

Did you really just try to defend your positions based upon the number of "likes" you have?

Rule of thumb: I've never seen a good or even decent poster feel the need to brag about how many positive ratings they've got. It's always the bottom of the barrel folks.

Rule of thumb: I've never seen a good or even decent poster feel the need to brag about how many positive ratings they've got. It's always the bottom of the barrel folks.

To show how misleading those "likes" can be in terms of overall perception, I've currently got the second highest total of anyone on the board, yet there's a huge block of people here who consider me to be just short of the anti-Christ.
rofl.gif

No big boy. It's that if I'm that "miserable" then no one would care enough to even bother clicking. If I had 95 percent negative ratings for instance, I'm sure that would be brought up as a detractor.

Regardless, they invented the ignore feature for this very reason. If I have gotten to the point that I live in your head, which obviously I do (in contrast, I have no recollections of anything of consequence you have ever contributed, thus you mean nothing to me) then just ignore me.

It's simple. Yet hard for you apparently.

No big boy. It's that if I'm that "miserable" then no one would care enough to even bother clicking. If I had 95 percent negative ratings for instance, I'm sure that would be brought up as a detractor.

Regardless, they invented the ignore feature for this very reason. If I have gotten to the point that I live in your head, which obviously I do (in contrast, I have no recollections of anything of consequence you have ever contributed, thus you mean nothing to me) then just ignore me.

first rule of holes

Well that's a level of delusional self-importance that I didn't expect to find here today. But sure, keep on believing little man. You sure seem to need it.

It's because he's old and not good anymore and can't throw the ball good or read defenses good because he's too old so he needs a swivel chair. Trade the bum, the end is here.

Wonder if there is an old man story behind the recliner. Something his teammates bought him for his 40th birthday or something.

I'd simply say "wildly inaccurate arm"

This offense will get more in synch as the games go by. I do think we need Malcolm Mitchell back healthy hopefully later on during the season.
He's not eligible to come back till denver...

To show how misleading those "likes" can be in terms of overall perception, I've currently got the second highest total of anyone on the board, yet there's a huge block of people here who consider me to be just short of the anti-Christ.
rofl.gif

"short" of the anti-Christ?

You're not really serious. I hope. If you are, I'd strongly recommend you getting some professional help.

It's ok, man, there's no longer a stigma attached to mental illness. Get yo' self healed,brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes