PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video: All of Brady's Pass Attempts vs KC: (Weak "fluttering" arm my ass)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play 13 is the middle crossing route to Cooks that goes for about fifteen yards.

I'm not sure which one you mean? I watched both 12 and 14 too, but I don't believe either one of those was to Gronk. 12 was to Amendola and 14 was to Burkhead.

I think he's discussing 17. But Cooks wasn't "free down the seam". The DB covering played Cooks underneath because he had safety help over the top. The only time Cooks was open on that play was after the throw.

Eric Berry was hanging on to Gronk's jersey, arms & waist for dear life the entire night, up until the very second he ruptured his achilles on that last play.

There was a lot of contact on a lot of plays. That's for sure.

People are talking about arm strength just because Peyton had a weak arm at the end. There is a lot more to it than arm strength. Do you think Drew had a weak arm at the end? Brett Favre? Take a closer look at the speed of the game. The plays are not developing on time so everything goes deep. I have seen this movie before.

Are you suggesting that, rather than getting used to some new pieces, the timing issues are due to slower processing speed on Tom's part?

Are you suggesting that, rather than getting used to some new pieces, the timing issues are due to slower processing speed on Tom's part?

No. You misunderstood his post. What he's trying to say is that now that he can no longer ***** about Brady's arm strength or accuse him of throwing "fluttering" passes he's going to try another curve ball which includes a movie that he's seen before. Have no idea which movie he's referring to. Maybe it was Bridge over river Kwai for it's perplexed ending. "Did they win or lose?" Or maybe it was the newest re-release of the good ole classic, " I'm going to **** my pants after the first week".

Play 13 is the middle crossing route to Cooks that goes for about fifteen yards.

I'm not sure which one you mean? I watched both 12 and 14 too, but I don't believe either one of those was to Gronk. 12 was to Amendola and 14 was to Burkhead.

It's play 17 sorry

You know what. There was a safety back there. But he bit on the pass to gronk. If brady pump faked to gronk he could have made the safety bite to the right and sailed a pass to cooks To the left for a TD.

Again, it's not about weak arm. If you watch his replays, especially his sideline passes to Cooks they were massively off target. Way to high, too low, to wide etc. Especially the high ones. No reason to have airmailed those or been that off. And no, most weren't due to coverage. He jut threw them badly. It was a trend all night. He airmailed incompletions, then underthrew then, yes underthrew the long completion to Cooks and even that last post route that got broken up. Cooks had to slow down just enough to get tackled on the first and broken up on the post play.

I will be looking for much more accurate passing in NO.
I'll be here every week to discuss it with you.

No. You misunderstood his post. What he's trying to say is that now that he can no longer ***** about Brady's arm strength or accuse him of throwing "fluttering" passes he's going to try another curve ball which includes a movie that he's seen before. Have no idea which movie he's referring to. Maybe it was Bridge over river Kwai for it's perplexed ending. "Did they win or lose?" Or maybe it was the newest re-release of the good ole classic, " I'm going to **** my pants after the first week".

Thanks. My stupid-to-English translator is on the fritz.

It's play 17 sorry

You know what. There was a safety back there. But he bit on the pass to gronk. If brady pump faked to gronk he could have made the safety bite to the right and sailed a pass to cooks To the left for a TD.

It's possible, but Gronk was open for a relatively easy first down, so I don't begrudge the decision.

Last edited:
It's play 17 sorry

Easy to see from coaches film pov, sitting in front of a screen not having Justin Houston & co rushing towards you.

Also you can do this essentially for every play even in games that we won from 2016. When you start to criticize throws that succeeds and yields a first down because there were other options on the throw then this is pretty much nitpicking and generally a good sign for the team you meaning to criticize.

By the way, Tony, you need to do these every week.

Sure. They're fun to do but time consuming. Hopefully I can get them out earlier now that I've gotten through the technical hoops.

Any feedback on the layout?

Posted this in the "losing Amendola" thread, but I figured it bears repeating here...

Most of that was with Anendola in the game, who is simply not going to stand up to the pounding that Edelman and Welker took. Once he went out, the offense was DOA. In this offense, with Cooks, Hogan, and Gronk, if you give Brady a quick outlet, they're unstoppable. That's why I think they'll rely on much more 20, 21, and 22 personnel going forward and Lewis' snaps will increase. They need guys that can get open quickly to allow Brady to avoid the rush and keep the defense out of Cover-2 to negate both Cooks and Hogan. If Dola can't go, expect to see a lot of both White and Lewis/Burkhead on the field together in the passing game.

Sick of the jungle gym treatment Gronkowski gets from these refs. Only player I can compare him to is Shaq Oneal in his prime. Such a physical mismatch that the refs swallow their whistles almost every time. Truly is a shame and dont expect it to ever change.

Sick of the jungle gym treatment Gronkowski gets from these refs. Only player I can compare him to is Shaq Oneal in his prime. Such a physical mismatch that the refs swallow their whistles almost every time. Truly is a shame and dont expect it to ever change.

Plays #6 and 7 are ridiculous.

Eric Berry was hanging on to Gronk's jersey, arms & waist for dear life the entire night, up until the very second he ruptured his achilles on that last play.

Seems teams finally found a way to stop Gronk. Have an All-Pro Safety go so all out he literally suffers a season ending injury. :eek:

Plays #6 and 7 are ridiculous.

While trying to fast forward to #6, I caught a glimpse of #5 (2:44 mark) and Gronk was being grabbed 6 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

2Sz1ABF.png

I'll be here every week to discuss it with you.

The day you do some critical thinking is the first time I will ever care about anything you have to say. So if I were you I'd save my time.

The day you do some critical thinking is the first time I will ever care about anything you have to say. So if I were you I'd save my time.
Konta is a respected member of this forum and well liked. You have been really negative and antagonistic since you joined here. Its becoming tiresome. You are projecting something, and it aint good.

"Brady has a weak arm" is out, so time to audible to "Brady can't read defenses anymore" for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes