PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Value of Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailHydra

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So... with the Browns having literally no option at QB, the 49ers proving inept as usual, Brett Hundley demonstrating he doesn't have it, and the Cardinals without a QB on a worthy team, do we see any increased chance of Garoppolo being traded? I expect that the Patriots could get a decent return if they wanted, so any other views? Watching a ton of teams, especially as of recent, getting decimated by bad/injured QBs makes me wonder the value of ours.

Go ahead and post some realistic scenarios (or dream) that you would envision. If you don't think he gets traded, still post some trade ideas maybe for offseason too.

Last edited:
after they traded jacoby, there is no chance bill does without a backup qb this season.

that's what still makes the jacoby trade so strange to me.

JG to CLE

1st, 2nd and whipped puppy Jamie Collins to NE

BB smiles, clutches kitty. He laughs, oh does he laugh.

(end dream)

after they traded jacoby, there is no chance bill does without a backup qb this season.

that's what still makes the jacoby trade so strange to me.
I felt that if they held onto Brissett until now they could have gotten quite a bit more for him. Since the Browns and 49ers are both 0-7 without an answer at QB, Brissett would look somewhat appealing considering his decent time as starter.

If we were gonna trade Jimmy we would of in the offseason/draft

Do we let Garoppolo go in the offseason though? Or tag and trade him, assuming that people are still interested

I felt that if they held onto Brissett until now they could have gotten quite a bit more for him. Since the Browns and 49ers are both 0-7 without an answer at QB, Brissett would look somewhat appealing considering his decent time as starter.
Not meaning to be a smartass, but I would think that 0-7 teams would have very little incentive to trade away multiple high picks (or a first rounder) to then need to pay that guy 20m dollars in the spring. It's not like they have anything to play for at this point.

They'd be much better off just waiting until the draft, where they'll have a high pick they can pay peanuts to for the next 5 yrs.

I want Jimmy G gone but I've come to accept that he's very unlikely to be traded, especially mid season.
Yeah a mid-season trade for a starting QB seems highly unlikely to me. That's something that happens in the off-season.

Not meaning to be a smartass, but I would think that 0-7 teams would have very little incentive to trade away multiple high picks (or a first rounder) to then need to pay that guy 20m dollars in the spring. It's not like they have anything to play for at this point.

They'd be much better off just waiting until the draft, where they'll have a high pick they can pay peanuts to for the next 5 yrs.
I agree with that. What do you think about the Cardinals or Packers (highly unlikely but putting it out there). Since both could be considered contenders, would a Bradford-like trade be envisionable?

Brady wins his sixth Super Bowl this year, then retires and hands the reins over to JG.
It was weird when Manning retired but just how odd is it gonna be when Brady really retires... assuming he even does O_O

So... with the Browns having literally no option at QB, the 49ers proving inept as usual, Brett Hundley demonstrating he doesn't have it, and the Cardinals without a QB on a worthy team, do we see any increased chance of Garoppolo being traded? I expect that the Patriots could get a decent return if they wanted, so any other views? Watching a ton of teams, especially as of recent, getting decimated by bad/injured QBs makes me wonder the value of ours.

Go ahead and post some realistic scenarios (or dream) that you would envision. If you don't think he gets traded, still post some trade ideas maybe for offseason too.
Why would 0-7 teams (or crappy ines like ax) trade for a QB in the middle of the season? Why would GB give up a ton for half a season?

If we do win this year, that's what I believe will happen, too.
Since Brady's contract is extended for another year, wouldn't he have to give back part of his signing bonus? If I remember correctly, one of Big Ben's reasons not to retire was that he would be giving back a large chunk of his salary.

Brady wins his sixth Super Bowl this year, then retires and hands the reins over to JG.
Except that he has consistently said he is going to keep playing.

Why would 0-7 teams (or crappy ines like ax) trade for a QB in the middle of the season? Why would GB give up a ton for half a season?
It seems like a dumb move for the future, but wouldn't some semi-contenders be willing to trade for a starting QB to save the season, instead of giving up on it? I'm specifically thinking about the Bridgewater injury.

It seems like a dumb move for the future, but wouldn't some semi-contenders be willing to trade for a starting QB to save the season, instead of giving up on it? I'm specifically thinking about the Bridgewater injury.
Why. And who doesn't have a QB that's a contender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down