PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade up now or wait

I think you must wait.
First and foremost we do not have the intel on these players like NFL scouts have.
Some of the QB’s are a fit for your team others not. Are they coachable, leaders, mentally tough, good locker room presence. Do they fit the strength’s of your system. Injury history. etc.
I know we have 4 QB’s as the class of the position we are in need. But the Pats may only like 1 or 2 of them.
If those 2 go 1 and 2 and we traded up to 3 or 4 early then we wasted a lot of draft capitol and did not get the player we wanted.
I think 1 is out of the question and believe the Jets will not trade 2 to us. If we like 1 of the remaining 2 or 3 QB’s then we have to wait

What does project mean? Whomever they draft will sit on the bench for the year.
what I mean is the other top QBs are ahead in their development than Lance. Yes, whomever the draft will sit the first year, but Lance is far behind the other top QBs.

The 49ers trade changes things. If the Pats want a QB (likely Fields or Jones), they need to get into position now. QBs are definitely going 1-2-3 now.

jimmy g is going to be the QB of the future...

With the Niners moving up to #3, I say now is the time to move up to #4 *if* we think one of Wilson/Fields/Lance is a FRANCHISE QB.

Niners just set the market. Three firsts and a third to Atlanta for the #4 pick?

jimmy g is going to be the QB of the future...
I hope not. I like him but his cap Hit not equals the number of games he played in past years.
I f*cking hate this trades for our qb hopes.

Niners just set the market. Three firsts and a third to Atlanta for the #4 pick?

I think that's too steep for the hope that the 4th guy off the board is also the guy you want.

I think that's too steep for the hope that the 4th guy off the board is also the guy you want.

it's too steep for QB4 when I don't think there's any more assurances with QB4 then there is with QB7

after QB2/3 there's a LOT of risk here.......and the price that was paid to move up to 3 that set the market was high

it's too steep for QB4 when I don't think there's any more assurances with QB4 then there is with QB7

after QB2/3 there's a LOT of risk here.......and the price that was paid to move up to 3 that set the market was high
It will be Qb3.

The 49ers trade changes things. If the Pats want a QB (likely Fields or Jones), they need to get into position now. QBs are definitely going 1-2-3 now.
1 and 4 for sure but Miami isn’t going qb and the jets I think are 50/50.

1 and 4 for sure but Miami isn’t going qb and the jets I think are 50/50.

Even if the Jets don’t, someone will trade into that spot to get the QB they covet.

We need to trade with Atlanta. I still have a hard time believing Bill was this aggressive in free agency just to bring back Cam.

The main issue I see with the OP premise, as others have pointed out, there's no guarantee "your guy" will be there, even at #4.

This is just as likely a scenario as any:

#1 - JAX: Trevor Lawrence
#2 - NYJ: Zach Wilson

#3 - CAR: Justin Fields. MIA trades down to #8 where they get one of top 2 WRs + a bunch of CAR picks. CAR is desperate and will sell out to move up 5 spots.

#4 - SF: Trey Lance. ATL trades down to #12 where they can get a top EDGE + some nice SF picks. SF wants to move on from Jimmy in 2022 and Lance offers a great replacement.

Mac Jones should be available at #15 if Patriots are interested in him. If not, they can pick one of the top WRs, trade down or into 2022.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back