PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade up now or wait

All 5 qbs are going in the top 5 picks. There are too many teams that want a QB and only 2 picks left with which to acquire one.

Assuming the first 3 picks in the draft all go for QBs, which qb is worth giving up tons of draft capitol to trade up for?
I don't think it's worth it, we'd have to get to 5 for Mac Jones. I think if Atlanta want a QB they stay put, if they don't then Carolina will soon have number 4.

All 5 qbs are going in the top 5 picks. There are too many teams that want a QB and only 2 picks left with which to acquire one.
Rumors are that Washington is trying to make a run at Jones. If we stay at 15, they could trade up to 14 and poach him. The top 5 will be Lawrence, Wilson, fields and lance.

I don't think it's worth it, we'd have to get to 5 for Mac Jones. I think if Atlanta want a QB they stay put, if they don't then Carolina will soon have number 4.
I agree not worth it. Stick at 15 there will be lots of talent that can contribute right away.

Rumors are that Washington is trying to make a run at Jones. If we stay at 15, they could trade up to 14 and poach him. The top 5 will be Lawrence, Wilson, fields and lance.
I agree the draft starts at 5 now, I don't care which order the top 4 goes it won't affect us.

Only chance is if teams dont rate Jones he could go later than 5 but the panic is real and someone will reach for him. No way on earth he goes later than 9 now IMO.

I agree the draft starts at 5 now, I don't care which order the top 4 goes it won't affect us.

Only chance is if teams dont rate Jones he could go later than 5 but the panic is real and someone will reach for him. No way on earth he goes later than 9 now IMO.
And i would be happy about it since i would not draft Jones in the top 10. If a team reaches out even bettet cause it means some other will fall. Hopefully WR CB or OT

lawrence and wilson are 1 and 2......SF taking fields or lance is the question, that leaves atlanta holding a lot of cards right now......and the jones to SF speculation could have some validity

And i would be happy about it since i would not draft Jones in the top 10. If a team reaches out even bettet cause it means some other will fall. Hopefully WR CB or OT
Yeah I now think Bill will get a stud on D, the next Hightower presence.

He will get Jimmy OR a round 2/3 QB and go from there.

He won't get both, as Garropolo, Newton, Kellen Mond, Stidham is too crowded a room.

He's on suicide watch. There was ZERO chance MIA was trading #3 with Patriots.
Grow up. Your obsession with me is creepy.

He won't get both, as Garropolo, Newton, Kellen Mond, Stidham is too crowded a room.
That’s not crowded at all after you toss out the 2 guys who don’t belong in it.

That’s not crowded at all after you toss out the 2 guys who don’t belong in it.
Yeah I think if he did bring in Jimmy, there are many possibilities with Cam. Stidham I think will be kept as backup.

Would Cam be happy as a backup with a high probability of filling in for JG? He could also be used in certain packages?

Or would Cam feel lied to and demand a trade to Washington or somewhere.

Well now I guess we wait.

Yeah I think if he did bring in Jimmy, there are many possibilities with Cam. Stidham I think will be kept as backup.

Would Cam be happy as a backup with a high probability of filling in for JG? He could also be used in certain packages?

Or would Cam feel lied to and demand a trade to Washington or somewhere.
Huh? Why would cam being happy hsbd anything to do with anything?
You can’t trade him, no one wants him. If Washington wanted him he’d already be there.

cam newtons contract is basically that of a backup. but a backup that "could start" Bill is not a sentimental guy. he let Brady walk out the door

you think hes going to care if he puts cam on the bench if he gets a better option?

Or a LB yeah. I think a trade down could be more likely except a stud falls down in the 10-13 range we could still trade up for mid rd. Picks since we have a few or trade for future picks

Well now I guess we wait.
The only way we don’t is if belichick is happy with any of the 4, in which case he has to go get the Atlanta pick.
Trading up to any other spot has to wait now.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back