PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade down with Steelers to screw over Jets

You are making up that the jets didn’t want jones. Just because they guessed that the patriots would trade out so the Steelers could take their guy doesn’t mean he wasn’t their guy.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch the video. GM Joe Douglas clearly states their first round preferences. Jones was third on their list. The Jets took the guy - Will McDonald - they had first. And had he not been available they still wouldn't have taken Jones because their second preference was available.

Last edited:
Yes let’s fire him for getting the player he wanted, adding a pick and hurting a divisional opponent. You whine so much now you even whine at successful moves.
Didn't hurt a divisional opponent, you're making that up, as I've explained. This entire narrative of Bill screwing over the Jets is completely bogus... so it can stop being said.

But oh by the way Bill did help the Steelers get the guy they wanted. Helped a conference rival. Good work.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch the video. GM Joe Douglas clearly states their first round preferences. Jones was third on their list. The Jets took the guy - Will McDonald - they had first. And had he not been available they still wouldn't have taken Jones because their second preference was available.
And you believe him. There's a sucker born every minute. BTW, if positions were reversed, you wouldn't believe Bill for a second.

And you believe him. There's a sucker born every minute. BTW, if positions were reversed, you wouldn't believe Bill for a second.
Hey genius there's a video of Douglas stating his 1st round preferences BEFORE the 14th pick... So yes I believe him.

1. Will McDonald
2. Michael Mayer
3. Broderick Jones

You can stop patting Bill on the ass now.

It's time to ban this Ravens troll...all he does is start arguments so he display his "always right!!" disease.

It's time to ban this Ravens troll...all he does is start arguments so he display his "always right!!" disease.
Clown I didn't start any argument. I provided a factual update on this supposed "Bill screwed over the Jets" scenario. Douglas was on top of the situation, he had another player (two in fact) lined up for their pick at 15 and not Broderick Jones. The IBWTers can't handle the truth when it blows up the Bill's a genius narrative. Instead I'm a troll and a douche for having shed some real light on the situation (with facts backed up by a video). LOL!

Clown I didn't start any argument. I provided a factual update on this supposed "Bill screwed over the Jets" scenario. Douglas was on top of the situation, he had another player (two in fact) lined up for their pick at 15 and not Broderick Jones. The IBWTers can't handle the truth when it blows up the Bill's a genius narrative. Instead I'm a troll and a douche for having shed some real light on the situation (with facts backed up by a video). LOL!
you're a POS troll amd your time here causing arguments is near an end. Take your mirror and find a broom closet so you can argue with yourself and your Lamar barbie doll you crazy freak

you're a POS troll amd your time here causing arguments is near an end. Take your mirror and find a broom closet so you can argue with yourself and your Lamar barbie doll you crazy freak
I'm a POS? Listen to yourself. One, is that how you communicate with people in real life? You must not have many teeth left. Two, stay the **** out of the conversation if you don't like it. No one is talking about Lamar Jackson here except for you dummy. Seriously do you anything valuable on the topic to share?... I didn't think so.

And who's throwing me off the MB? You? lol

It matters less to me that the trade might’ve hurt the Jete, or helped the Squeelers, or didn’t affect the Jete, or whatever…

What matters more to me - and should matter more to everyone - is that we should’ve received compensation 40 ****ING PICKS BETTER THAN THAT WHICH OUR ****ING INCOMPETENT ****ING ****Y ****ING GM ACCEPTED.

THAT’s the Real ****ing Issue here, people.
And lose Gonzalez? Why risk that? Dumb move.

The trade with the Steelers worked because we KNEW they were taking Broderick Jones. If another team had taken Gonzalez, it wouldn't have worked for us, not to mention we wouldn't have been picking at #17.

It matters less to me that the trade might’ve hurt the Jete, or helped the Squeelers, or didn’t affect the Jete, or whatever…

What matters more to me - and should matter more to everyone - is that we should’ve received compensation 40 ****ING PICKS BETTER THAN THAT WHICH OUR ****ING INCOMPETENT ****ING ****Y ****ING GM ACCEPTED.

Do you feel strongly about this?

Don't worry. Bill will coach him up to be at least 40 picks better. Look at how well he did with the class of 2019.

The problem with today's media is that there's so much bullsh!t being spread around that we don't know who to trust. That makes even the true reports questionable and allows folks on both sides of any story to have doubts.
It's not limited to sports either. I remember having a discussion here about which scientists to trust concerning the coronavirus.

Yes let’s fire him for getting the player he wanted, adding a pick and hurting a divisional opponent. You whine so much now you even whine at successful moves.

Read my previous post, cheerleader.

In your fantasy world what form of extortion do you employ in order to force a team to make a trade they won’t?

Ummm… by telling them the deal’s off otherwise?

Dumbass.

And lose Gonzalez? Why risk that? Dumb move.

The trade with the Steelers worked because we KNEW they were taking Broderick Jones. If another team had taken Gonzalez, it wouldn't have worked for us, not to mention we wouldn't have been picking at #17.

Bill risked losing Gonzo with the trade-down, so…?

Speaking of which, he should send a bouquet of flowers to the Commandos for taking Manny Forbes at 16… Total ****ing egg on Billy’s face if they had taken Gonzo instead... But that's why they're the Commandos too...

Last edited:
Don't worry. Bill will coach him up to be at least 40 picks better. Look at how well he did with the class of 2019.
Great point! I mean, do we have any reason to believe that Bill knows anything about coaching?? Or is it about picking the players? Wait, I forgot what we are saying Bill can't do - maybe it's Bill can't do anything - he's easily the worst coach this franchise has ever had. Has to be the worst coach in the league. And we have the worst owner. And the worst QB. And the worst fan base - oh, wait, that might be true. The worst sports radio?

I'm a POS? Listen to yourself. One, is that how you communicate with people in real life? You must not have many teeth left. Two, stay the **** out of the conversation if you don't like it. No one is talking about Lamar Jackson here except for you dummy. Seriously do you anything valuable on the topic to share?... I didn't think so.

The real **** up in all of this is the media for reporting it as being what went down, and Tomlin sure didn’t help with his vague comments. This isn’t something that was created by the fans to prop Bill up. C’mon now.

You seem to attract a lot of negative attention.

Bill risked losing Gonzo with the trade-down, so…?

Speaking of which, he should send a bouquet of flowers to the Commandos for taking Manny Forbes at 16… Total ****ing egg on Billy’s face if they had.
He didn't risk anything. This has been discussed and understood by the vast majority of us. The Patriots had the 2 CBs rated equally, which made the trade a smart move. They were guaranteed to get one. We knew before the draft that the Patriots had taken unusual interest in a CB (multiple visits, etc.) that was slated to go late in the 1st round.

If the Patriots moved beyond 17, or if they traded with a team other than the Steelers (who were picking a tackle) they risked losing one of the 2 CBs.

This is really not difficult to understand

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back