PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade down with Steelers to screw over Jets

The Patriots had the 2 CBs rated equally, which made the trade a smart move.
1. You don’t know that. Do you have privileged insider information? Belichick doesn’t give us squat.
2. If they did, then their scouting department is seriously flawed.

Cuz there’s no way Forbes and his 166 pounds is the equal to Gonzo, the second most talented CB the Patriots have ever had—right behind Michael Haynes.

You know it's a slow offseason when you're arguing over whether the Pats screwed another team during the draft.

This story, as it turns out, is a media creation. Joe Douglas was going DE or TE. It’s on time stamped video for cryin out loud.

The Jets do have a monster athletic freak LT taken pick #11 in 2020. Mekhi Becton just has had trouble staying healthy.

If they get him healthy, then watch out. All the sudden their Oline turns legit.

You know it's a slow offseason when you're arguing over whether the Pats screwed another team during the draft.
We’re just killing time before the Celtics Game Seven, anyways.

1. You don’t know that. Do you have privileged insider information? Belichick doesn’t give us squat.
2. If they did, then their scouting department is seriously flawed.

Cuz there’s no way Forbes and his 166 pounds is the equal to Gonzo, the second most talented CB the Patriots have ever had—right behind Michael Haynes.
It doesn't take an Einstein to figure this out.

We were told by Patriots media there was good probability they would trade down and take Forbes because they really wanted him.

I was not in favor of this at all.

What I am saying, however, is that once both Gonzalez and Forbes became available at 14, there was a near certainty one of them would be there at 17. They knew the Steelers were taking Jones and that the Jets had 2 CBs and needed help elsewhere. Which is why the trade for a 4th rounder made sense.

This story, as it turns out, is a media creation. Joe Douglas was going DE or TE. It’s on time stamped video for cryin out loud.

The Jets do have a monster athletic freak LT taken pick #11 in 2020. Mekhi Becton just has had trouble staying healthy.

If they get him healthy, then watch out. All the sudden their Oline turns legit.
You don't believe the Becton stuff, do you? After what Becton recently said about them? The guy is CLEARLY on his way out.

Uh, that's not what this discussion is about.

We're talking about whether the Patriots should have gotten more than a 4th rounder in the trade.

Having his 5th yr option declined is a clear indication that Becton isn’t in their long term plans.

You seem to attract a lot of negative attention.
From the Clown? I'm not worried about it.

Diabolical Bill screwing over the Jets... yay!.. gave IBWTers something to squawk about... for five minutes. Until someone actually put in a little effort to get out the real story. Jets weren't caught off guard by the trade, or by the pick of Jones, who they weren't drafting at their spot anyway, and in fact they got the exact player they wanted.

So if the Jets got who they wanted, as well as the Patriots, then the main thing Bill accomplished here was making sure the Steelers got who they wanted. Somehow that's a lot less flattering than big bad Bill screwing over the Jets.

Diabolical Bill screwing over the Jets... yay!.. gave IBWTers something to squawk about... for five minutes. Until someone actually put in a little effort to get out the real story. Jets weren't caught off guard by the trade, or by the pick of Jones, who they weren't drafting at their spot anyway, and in fact they got the exact player they wanted.

So if the Jets got who they wanted, as well as the Patriots, then the main thing Bill accomplished here was making sure the Steelers got who they wanted. Somehow that's a lot less flattering than big bad Bill screwing over the Jets.
He got an extra pick for free and if you want to believe the edited tape released by the jets in order to say they didn’t want jones that’s up to you.

Your hatred of the patriots shines through again.

Find another team to dump on. Please.

After what Becton recently said about them?
Yeah, good point. It’s like Mike Haynes complaining about the Patriots in 1978 about playing when he had a collapsed lung. Shortly after, he was in Oakland.

Pure speculation here, but would the Jets be willing to trade Becton to a team for their LT? Like, hey, Pats, give us Trent Brown and a nice draft pick in 2024 thrown in and you can have this guy. Just a thought.

Having his 5th yr option declined is a clear indication that Becton isn’t in their long term plans.
Not necessarily. They just want to see him be able to play. Why do the option for a player who hasn’t been able to get on the field?

This could be the year, however, where the stars align for the Jets. A dominant LT, potentially, and a first ballot hall of fame QB.

Game three with us down there in MetLife Stadium will be the litmus test. Sept 24. Phucking huge.

We win our fifteenth straight against them or they FINALLY break the curse and their fan base explodes.

I consider that game and the game against Pittsburgh as the two “tell” games demonstrating where our talent level is.

Craw gives us constructive criticism not cheerleading cuz he cares.

You have got to be kidding me. There is nothing "constructive" in that clown's anti-BB, anti-Mac, anti-Kraft, anti-PATRIOTS masturbatory excesses. Honestly, this place could use a few more cheerleaders and a few less Crap Hammers jerking off in front of the mirror.

Go Celtics!

Absolutely!

Find another team to dump on. Please.
He got an extra pick for free and if you want to believe the edited tape released by the jets in order to say they didn’t want jones that’s up to you.

Your hatred of the patriots shines through again.
I don't hate the team chumps. I celebrate the 20-year dynasty more than the average IBWTer who has grown to resent Brady for some odd reason so they'd rather talk about meaningless accomplishments like 11-5 with Cassell and pretend Bill would have won multiple Super Bowls in Cleveland had the owner not "screwed him."

I'm also not content with 3rd or 4th place in the division with the 13th best quarterback in the conference. A division we used to dominate with the best quarterback in the league.

As for the "edited tape released by the Jets"... lol seriously? Are you that incredibly desperate to protect Belichick? Just take the L.

I don't hate the team chumps.

Who are the team chumps? In your book they're BB, Mac, Kraft, etc. and you've laid PLENTY of hate on those people. Hell, I know Jete fans who respect the Patriots more than you do.

I celebrate the 20-year dynasty more than the average IBWTer who has grown to resent Brady for some odd reason so they'd rather talk about meaningless accomplishments like 11-5 with Cassell and pretend Bill would have won multiple Super Bowls in Cleveland had the owner not "screwed him."

I'm also not content with 3rd or 4th place in the division with the 13th best quarterback in the conference. A division we used to dominate with the best quarterback in the league.

Gibberish.

As for the "edited tape released by the Jets"... lol seriously? Are you that incredibly desperate to protect Belichick? Just take the L.

You're barking up the wrong tree, ace, I never posted anything about that. You can keep the "L," maybe tape it to your bathroom mirror.

Your problem (aside from Brady retiring) is twofold: (A) struggling to appear "objectively knowledgeable" by being an overly critical PITA and (B) having too much time on your hands. Definitely not a good combo.

I don't hate the team chumps. I celebrate the 20-year dynasty more than the average IBWTer who has grown to resent Brady for some odd reason so they'd rather talk about meaningless accomplishments like 11-5 with Cassell and pretend Bill would have won multiple Super Bowls in Cleveland had the owner not "screwed him."

Ok, you hate the team if Brady isn’t on it. There is no question in my mind you are rooting against them.
I’ve never said a word of resentment about Brady. He is by far my all time favorite player.
And yes the tape from the jets was edited. Only a fool or someone with an agenda wouldn’t see that.

Craw gives us constructive criticism not cheerleading cuz he cares.

Go Celtics!
Nothing is constructive and how is being the most negative “fan” in existence representative of caring?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back