PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade down with Steelers to screw over Jets

Who are the team chumps?
The chumps are you and Ring 6 for saying I hate the Patriots. It's your go-to when your arguments come up completely dry. Take aim at the messenger instead. It's pretty transparent.

In your book they're BB, Mac, Kraft, etc. and you've laid PLENTY of hate on those people. Hell, I know Jete fans who respect the Patriots more than you do.
On the contrary. Greatest dynasty run in NFL history 2001-2019. Your problem is I give the majority of the credit deservingly to the GOAT (Brady) and not BB. You're butt hurt Brady left and won elsewhere while BB has been flopping around like a fish out of water without him.

Mac just isn't that good. More of that to come in the fall.

My only problem with Kraft is he allowed BB to let Brady walk for nothing and then he pathetically pleaded for Brady to retire (ahead of a 7th SB championship and an MVP caliber season).

As for the Jets, I hate'em, but I'll give credit where credit is due... trading for Rodgers was a bold move... I can respect chasing a championship with an all time great quarterback who still has something to prove before he retires.

You're barking up the wrong tree, ace, I never posted anything about that.
Pay attention. I wasn't talking to you there. I quoted the statement so it's not my problem if you can't follow a simple interaction.

having too much time on your hands
Brother, you've got 32,000 more posts than me. I'm not even halfway to 5 digits.

And yes the tape from the jets was edited. Only a fool or someone with an agenda wouldn’t see that.
lol that's total nonsense. You're completely making it up. Seriously, you have some proof, evidence, or a source?

he's back crawbarfing like a drunk Lamar fan at a Baltimore crab house...let's all chip in and get him what he desires most in life...

s-l1600.png

The chumps are you and Ring 6 for saying I hate the Patriots. It's your go-to when your arguments come up completely dry. Take aim at the messenger instead. It's pretty transparent.

No, chump, YOU are a Patriots hater. With you, it began and ended with Brady. It's completely transparent, just admit it and salvage what little credibility you can.

On the contrary. Greatest dynasty run in NFL history 2001-2019. Your problem is I give the majority of the credit deservingly to the GOAT (Brady) and not BB. You're butt hurt Brady left and won elsewhere while BB has been flopping around like a fish out of water without him.

Exhibit A from above. And no, chump, I'm not butthurt over Brady leaving and winning elsewhere. You're beyond butthurt that he retired without inviting you to his beach party.

Mac just isn't that good. More of that to come in the fall.

My only problem with Kraft is he allowed BB to let Brady walk for nothing and then he pathetically pleaded for Brady to retire (ahead of a 7th SB championship and an MVP caliber season).

As for the Jets, I hate'em, but I'll give credit where credit is due... trading for Rodgers was a bold move... I can respect chasing a championship with an all time great quarterback who still has something to prove before he retires.

Yeah, revisionist history is one of your handy toolbox items along with the hater hat. You really do a poor Patriots fan imitation, chump.

Pay attention. I wasn't talking to you there. I quoted the statement so it's not my problem if you can't follow a simple interaction.

I have him on ignore so the "simple interaction" wasn't there, chump. Maybe if you paid attention you'd have figure that out.

Brother, you've got 32,000 more posts than me. I'm not even halfway to 5 digits.

I've been here nearly 20 years, chump. But keep dishing your spew at the present clip and you'll surpass me in no time. By that point it's a safe bet even fewer people will care which Patriots you're hating on. Chump.

Great point! I mean, do we have any reason to believe that Bill knows anything about coaching?? Or is it about picking the players? Wait, I forgot what we are saying Bill can't do - maybe it's Bill can't do anything - he's easily the worst coach this franchise has ever had. Has to be the worst coach in the league. And we have the worst owner. And the worst QB. And the worst fan base - oh, wait, that might be true. The worst sports radio?
Bill's not as bad as you claim but he is human and like all humans makes mistakes. He's also just a coach so his misses aren't anywhere near as important as Jones missing receivers or defenders missing tackles.
On the plus side, Bill the chess player did lock up Slater and a few other ST players just in time for the new kickoff rules.

Clown I didn't start any argument. I provided a factual update on this supposed "Bill screwed over the Jets" scenario. Douglas was on top of the situation, he had another player (two in fact) lined up for their pick at 15 and not Broderick Jones. The IBWTers can't handle the truth when it blows up the Bill's a genius narrative. Instead I'm a troll and a douche for having shed some real light on the situation (with facts backed up by a video). LOL!

Why can't you just be happy with the Patriots being a below average NFL team these last three years?

No, chump, YOU are a Patriots hater. With you, it began and ended with Brady. It's completely transparent, just admit it and salvage what little credibility you can.
I'm flattered that you're so interesting in focusing on me but I'm not going to give you my full bio. I've said enough for anyone to know I didn't "become a Pats fan" when the winning started with Brady. I was there when Parcells and Bledsoe represented some light at the end of the MacPherson/Millen tunnel. I don't hate Carroll like most Pats fans because the real problem was the quarterback. Frankly Belichick was looking like a major disappointment after getting off to a 5-13 start with Bledsoe. But I don't have to admit I think "it all began with Brady" because that's what the record book clearly shows us and I've pointed out the obvious a thousand times.

So call me a hater because I give credit where credit is most due but I can appreciate the 20-year Patriots dynasty more than most "Pats fans" because I'm not compelled to twist myself into a pretzel trying to validate absolutely everything Belichick does like the IBWT crowd. I get it, it's a tough pill to swallow, Bill has no accomplishments as a head coach without Brady.

Exhibit A from above. And no, chump, I'm not butthurt over Brady leaving and winning elsewhere. You're beyond butthurt that he retired without inviting you to his beach party.
Yes, you are. You telling me you were rooting for Brady in SB 55? Maybe I'm wrong on this point but it seems highly unlikely given your posting history. That Super Bowl victory for Brady was a major blow to "team Bill" and a big lift to Brady's already amazing legacy. It also proved Belichick had grossly mismanaged the franchise's greatest asset. One, he practically pushed out one of the league's best quarterbacks (which is always stupid), and two, he got nothing in return. Literally. Nothing.

Yeah, revisionist history is one of your handy toolbox items along with the hater hat. You really do a poor Patriots fan imitation, chump.
That's a vague statement. What specific aspects of history have I revised to supposedly fit my agenda?

I was never enthusiastic about Mac Jones. Not from day one.

I said letting Brady walk was a huge mistake at the time and I was perplexed as to why they agreed with the no franchise clause. Just really bad business. I was also critical of Kraft for "wishing for Brady to retire" after 2019. It was a pathetic look that only got much worse after Brady immediately won another Super Bowl with his new team.

I'm on record saying the Patriots should have taken a run at Rodgers. He would have made a big difference here for a couple of seasons anyway and he'll have the Jets in serious contention this season.

I have him on ignore so the "simple interaction" wasn't there, chump. Maybe if you paid attention you'd have figure that out.
Why would I assume you're ignoring @Ring 6? And when you're replying directly to a comment clearly unintended for you then that's on you.

I've been here nearly 20 years, chump. But keep dishing your spew at the present clip and you'll surpass me in no time. By that point it's a safe bet even fewer people will care which Patriots you're hating on. Chump.
You can't even get this right. You've been here 20 years with approximately 36,000 posts. I've been here 11 years with 4700 posts. You're contributing 4.9 posts per day with an annual average of 1800 posts. I'm contributing 1.2 posts per day with an annual average of 440 posts. If you stop posting today then it will take me 71 years just to catch you lol!

I'm flattered that you're so interesting in focusing on me but I'm not going to give you my full bio. I've said enough for anyone to know I didn't "become a Pats fan" when the winning started with Brady. I was there when Parcells and Bledsoe represented some light at the end of the MacPherson/Millen tunnel. I don't hate Carroll like most Pats fans because the real problem was the quarterback. Frankly Belichick was looking like a major disappointment after getting off to a 5-13 start with Bledsoe. But I don't have to admit I think "it all began with Brady" because that's what the record book clearly shows us and I've pointed out the obvious a thousand times.

So call me a hater because I give credit where credit is most due but I can appreciate the 20-year Patriots dynasty more than most "Pats fans" because I'm not compelled to twist myself into a pretzel trying to validate absolutely everything Belichick does like the IBWT crowd. I get it, it's a tough pill to swallow, Bill has no accomplishments as a head coach without Brady.

Yes, you are. You telling me you were rooting for Brady in SB 55? Maybe I'm wrong on this point but it seems highly unlikely given your posting history. That Super Bowl victory for Brady was a major blow to "team Bill" and a big lift to Brady's already amazing legacy. It also proved Belichick had grossly mismanaged the franchise's greatest asset. One, he practically pushed out one of the league's best quarterbacks (which is always stupid), and two, he got nothing in return. Literally. Nothing.

That's a vague statement. What specific aspects of history have I revised to supposedly fit my agenda?

I was never enthusiastic about Mac Jones. Not from day one.

I said letting Brady walk was a huge mistake at the time and I was perplexed as to why they agreed with the no franchise clause. Just really bad business. I was also critical of Kraft for "wishing for Brady to retire" after 2019. It was a pathetic look that only got much worse after Brady immediately won another Super Bowl with his new team.

I'm on record saying the Patriots should have taken a run at Rodgers. He would have made a big difference here for a couple of seasons anyway and he'll have the Jets in serious contention this season.

Why would I assume you're ignoring @Ring 6? And when you're replying directly to a comment clearly unintended for you then that's on you.

You can't even get this right. You've been here 20 years with approximately 36,000 posts. I've been here 11 years with 4700 posts. You're contributing 4.9 posts per day with an annual average of 1800 posts. I'm contributing 1.2 posts per day with an annual average of 440 posts. If you stop posting today then it will take me 71 years just to catch you lol!
fvr-nfl-20-figure-jackson__1__55164.1631211491.jpg

Someone has WAY to much time on their hands.

If this board exists and reverts back to reality 10 years from now, we can hold up this thread as the Felgerization of Patsfans.com.
So, let's examine the logic of the Captain Craws Crew of the board.

The Patriots didn't screw over the Jets because the Jets weren't taking Jones, but the Patriots helped the Steelers because they got the guy that would have been there at 17 (and gave us a 4th rounder) to get.

Because...if the Jets weren't taking Jones, neither were the Pats or the Commanders.

However you slice that pie, therefore, the Patriots made out better than the other teams involved, ergo, we should fire BB!!!!!!! Even if all four teams got the players they wanted.

My guess is simple: the Patriots had a couple of guys rated close enough for it to be worth taking a extra 4th Rounder to drop back 3 slots. I suspect they were okay with Gonzo and Porter AND maybe Forbes, though given their needs at CB, I think they'd have taken Porter over Forbes.

Aside from that, because who really knows for sure, I find it utterly hilarious that the same people whining about the Pats acquiring that free 4th rounder (that {ittsburgh apparently didn't have to give up) are losing their minds over the Pats sacrificing a 6th to trade up a bit later on.

So go ahead, applaud the JETE for taking a 237lb edge defender whose athletic scores are just okay, but who can't defend the run, and was taken much higher than he was rated.

So go ahead, applaud the Steelers for throwing away a 4th rounder to get a guy they could have gotten at 17 (if the JETE weren't taking Jones).

This thread has become comedy gold.

If this board exists and reverts back to reality 10 years from now, we can hold up this thread as the Felgerization of Patsfans.com.
So, let's examine the logic of the Captain Craws Crew of the board.

The Patriots didn't screw over the Jets because the Jets weren't taking Jones, but the Patriots helped the Steelers because they got the guy that would have been there at 17 (and gave us a 4th rounder) to get.

Because...if the Jets weren't taking Jones, neither were the Pats or the Commanders.

However you slice that pie, therefore, the Patriots made out better than the other teams involved, ergo, we should fire BB!!!!!!! Even if all four teams got the players they wanted.

My guess is simple: the Patriots had a couple of guys rated close enough for it to be worth taking a extra 4th Rounder to drop back 3 slots. I suspect they were okay with Gonzo and Porter AND maybe Forbes, though given their needs at CB, I think they'd have taken Porter over Forbes.

Aside from that, because who really knows for sure, I find it utterly hilarious that the same people whining about the Pats acquiring that free 4th rounder (that {ittsburgh apparently didn't have to give up) are losing their minds over the Pats sacrificing a 6th to trade up a bit later on.

So go ahead, applaud the JETE for taking a 237lb edge defender whose athletic scores are just okay, but who can't defend the run, and was taken much higher than he was rated.

So go ahead, applaud the Steelers for throwing away a 4th rounder to get a guy they could have gotten at 17 (if the JETE weren't taking Jones).

This thread has become comedy gold.
You're obscuring the main takeaway as it relates to the intent of this thread, which was to show how Bill traded down with the Steelers to screw over the Jets. IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. It's a false lead. The supposed anonymous NFL GM, the source Jason La Canfora, the author Michael Gallagher, and anyone who subsequently chimed in with how diabolically brilliant Bill is... all WRONG!! That's that.

You're obscuring the main takeaway as it relates to the intent of this thread, which was to show how Bill traded down with the Steelers to screw over the Jets. IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. It's a false lead. The supposed anonymous NFL GM, the source Jason La Canfora, the author Michael Gallagher, and anyone who subsequently chimed in with how diabolically brilliant Bill is... all WRONG!! That's that.
Blah blah blah...so are you ready to admit that of the four teams in that middle of the first round who were involved, the JETE reached (the Pats got a guy higher ranked and 50lbs heavier a round later), the Steelers lost, the Commanders likely broke even, and the Patriots won the moment?

That won't come into your posting here, because all you care about here is stirring trouble by attacking the Patriots and getting people riled. It gets you off.

You're a troll. That is the very definition of a troll - it's also been associated with sadistic personalities.

Blah blah blah...so are you ready to admit that of the four teams in that middle of the first round who were involved, the JETE reached (the Pats got a guy higher ranked and 50lbs heavier a round later), the Steelers lost, the Commanders likely broke even, and the Patriots won the moment?
What does any of that have to do with "trading down with the Steelers to screw over the Jets"? The OP wasn't breaking down the 1st round, it was breaking down how Belichick supposedly screwed the Jets.

Do you now agree Belichick didn't screw the Jets after viewing the Douglas video? If yes then you agree with me on the gist of my argument. The rest of it is superfluous.

We'll find out in time who got the better player(s). But if Belichick in fact was motivated in part to screw over the Jets then he stuck out on that account.

That won't come into your posting here, because all you care about here is stirring trouble by attacking the Patriots and getting people riled. It gets you off.
Was I in the Jets draft room? Did I shoot the video and then release it? No, the Jets did, and probably because they wanted to vomit upon hearing how "diabolical Bill screwed them over."

I just followed up on the OP by providing a relevant update. If the truth riles you up then that's your problem. Honestly I don't care how you personally feel about it, I'm just offering up the information.

You're a troll. That is the very definition of a troll - it's also been associated with sadistic personalities.
lol! Don't be douchebag. Trying to psychoanalyze me. GTFOH! I'm neither a troll nor sadistic. Trolls post insincere content, I believe everything I post. Being sadistic would have me invested in your personal well being and I'm not arrogant enough to think I could actually affect you that deeply. On a friggin NFL forum. From the other side of cyberspace. You need to chill out bro. For all I know you're a great guy IRL. I have no ill intent toward you or anyone else here.

Yes, you are. You telling me you were rooting for Brady in SB 55? Maybe I'm wrong on this point but it seems highly unlikely given your posting history.

Yes, you certainly are WRONG on that point. I didn't root for or against Tom Brady in Super Bowl 55. Chalk up another misfire assessing "posting history."

I forever will be grateful for Brady's contributions as a Patriot. I personally attended every single game he played in Foxboro except one and have many cherished memories from those years. I was not "butthurt" that he left for Tampa nor was I angry at BB/Kraft over his departure. Why? Because I understand why it happened and why it made sense for both sides at the time. I certainly wish Brady could have played his entire career in New England and retired a Patriot. But it was not to be and I accept that. I acknowledge him as GOAT regardless while the Patriots have remained my team throughout.

That Super Bowl victory for Brady was a major blow to "team Bill" and a big lift to Brady's already amazing legacy. It also proved Belichick had grossly mismanaged the franchise's greatest asset. One, he practically pushed out one of the league's best quarterbacks (which is always stupid), and two, he got nothing in return. Literally. Nothing.

This is where you went off the rails and why you remain there -- "team Brady" vs. "team Bill." It's the source of your eternal enmity toward BB/Kraft, by extension Mac Jones and the New England Patriots in general. It is why you can't bring yourself to support the team in its current incarnation or actively pull for Jones to win this coming season. A fan roots for the team to do well, period -- regardless of owner/coach/quarterback. There is nothing at all wrong with being positive, even a "cheerleader." A fan can show optimism while still being realistic about a team's shortcomings or where improvements are needed. YOU, on the other hand, have axes to grind. And that makes YOU an A-1 chump.

Last edited:
What does any of that have to do with "trading down with the Steelers to screw over the Jets"? The OP wasn't breaking down the 1st round, it was breaking down how Belichick supposedly screwed the Jets.
It's got to do with your incessant and unrelenting crapping all over the Patriots on a Patriot Message board.
Do you now agree Belichick didn't screw the Jets after viewing the Douglas video? If yes then you agree with me on the gist of my argument. The rest of it is superfluous.
I don't really care, I'm just sick of your glee to assail everything BB and attack anyone pro-BB. It's non-stop.
We'll find out in time who got the better player(s). But if Belichick in fact was motivated in part to screw over the Jets then he stuck out on that account.
The idea that he would trade down JUST to screw the Jets is demeaning to him and absurd. I don't doubt for a minute that he wanted to deny a team in his division a needed piece - the JETE need an OT to protect a 40-year-old QB. So maybe that was part of his calculation while taking Pittsburgh's 4th rounder and giving up nothing in return.
As for players, OF COURSE we'll find out as time goes on. But isn't it par for the course for the Bill haters to roar if whenever HE takes a player he could have had later? That's like BBBB101 (Bill Belichick Ball-Busting).
Was I in the Jets draft room? Did I shoot the video and then release it? No, the Jets did, and probably because they wanted to vomit upon hearing how "diabolical Bill screwed them over."
You weren't in teh draft room with the Pats either, but you're sure willing to tell us that BB did this and did that for this reason and that reason on any and every subject to support your incessant criticism.
I just followed up on the OP by providing a relevant update. If the truth riles you up then that's your problem. Honestly I don't care how you personally feel about it, I'm just offering up the information.
Truth doesn't rile me up. Trollish and whiny behavior ruins things I like, like this board. I USED to do my work with sports radio on in the background - many years ago. Now I can't even turn it on.
lol! Don't be douchebag. Trying to psychoanalyze me. GTFOH! I'm neither a troll nor sadistic. Trolls post insincere content, I believe everything I post. Being sadistic would have me invested in your personal well being and I'm not arrogant enough to think I could actually affect you that deeply. On a friggin NFL forum. From the other side of cyberspace. You need to chill out bro. For all I know you're a great guy IRL. I have no ill intent toward you or anyone else here.
Lol, yourself
  • "An Internet troll is someone who enters an online discussion and posts comments designed to upset or disrupt the conversation."
    Your behavior here is right in line with this.

• "Dark Tetrad" personality traits include narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism."
    In a study of 1200 people, Dark Tetrad scores were highest among people who said trolling was their favorite Internet activity."

• Maybe you're not a troll, but look at your negative, criticizing, mocking (of any Pat FAN) posting here and maybe you should reconsider your style.

Yes, you certainly are WRONG on that point. I didn't root for or against Tom Brady in Super Bowl 55. Chalk up another misfire assessing "posting history."
You didn't root for Brady in the Super Bowl. Why not?

I forever will be grateful for Brady's contributions as a Patriot. I personally attended every single game he played in Foxboro except one and have many cherished memories from those years.
You got me beat. I missed 2 Brady games in Foxboro in 18 seasons.

I was not "butthurt" that he left for Tampa nor was I angry at BB/Kraft over his departure. Why? Because I understand why it happened and why it made sense for both sides at the time. I certainly wish Brady could have played his entire career in New England and retired a Patriot. But it was not to be and I accept that. I acknowledge him as GOAT regardless while the Patriots have remained my team throughout.
I can appreciate that. I'm glad you see it that way. I see it differently. Brady wanted to stay, Belichick would only have it his way, Brady got fed up with it so he left, and Kraft let the entire charade unfold under his watch, and then pleaded for Brady to retire after he gave him a no franchise clause (which was a clear indication to everyone with a brain cell that he was still playing somewhere).

Our different perspectives don't mean we have hate each other. You may not like it, or want to acknowledge it, but we root for the same team. You mistake my criticism for wishing ill of the team. There's a big difference between thinking the team will lose and wanting the team to lose. I think they're winning no more than 8 games this season but that doesn't mean I'll be pissed if they win 12.

This is where you went off the rails and why you remain there -- "team Brady" vs. "team Bill." It's the source of your eternal enmity toward BB/Kraft, by extension Mac Jones and the New England Patriots in general. It is why you can't bring yourself to support the team in its current incarnation or actively pull for Jones to win this coming season. A fan roots for the team to do well, period -- regardless of owner/coach/quarterback. There is nothing at all wrong with being positive, even a "cheerleader." A fan can show optimism while still being realistic about a team's shortcomings or where improvements are needed. YOU, on the other hand, have axes to grind. And that makes YOU an A-1 chump.
Look, other than that very last bit, you make a reasonable pitch. As I just explained above, I'm not optimistic about the team for this season and I don't see the point in faking it.

Team Brady vs Team Bill is a real thing too and I'm not so grandiose to take credit for it. You don't have to pick a side. I did. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. Just different.

We're way off topic at this point. So to reiterate, I was merely pointing out... "Bill screwed the Jets"... there's no truth to it.

You weren't in teh draft room with the Pats either, but you're sure willing to tell us that BB did this and did that for this reason and that reason on any and every subject to support your incessant criticism.
************. I didn't say Bill did anything. Michael Gallagher, Jason La Canfora, and some "anonymous NFL GM" did. Many IBWTers gleefully agreed with them. I said whether Bill did or didn't (intend to screw the Jets)... the NYJ draft room video is proof he didn't screw them. What is so hard to understand?

clawmute...the Energizer Sub-mongoloid....only 100 days before he sticks his pinhead up Lamar's strata chocolata...

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back