PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlin is a joke

Why are they hung up on this? That timeout was almost irrelevant. They still had enough time to run a play (or clock it) and then kick the FG. They were just completely unprepared to run a play and inept at executing it.

Probably 28 or more other NFL teams would prefer Tomlin as their coach to what they have.

Managing essentially a high pressure emergency with 20 seconds left in the most important game of the year is going to come under a lot scrutiny. 20 different decisions could look stupid, and the only one that doesn't is the one that happens to work.

But, thank the lord for BB.

Probably 28 or more other NFL teams would prefer Tomlin as their coach to what they have.

Managing essentially a high pressure emergency with 20 seconds left in the most important game of the year is going to come under a lot scrutiny. 20 different decisions could look stupid, and the only one that doesn't is the one that happens to work.

But, thank the lord for BB.
28 other coaches would prefer that steelers front office, gm, scouting departments and assistant coaching staff and ownership to what they have as well. Not to mention players, which is a result of all those.

My boss is a Steelers fan he still talks about the catch that wasn't it's obboxious.
All Steelers fans are obnoxious. They literally can't handle it that the Pats have become the greatest Dynasty of all time. I'm not going to lie though the Steelers have been extremely successful at the same time as this Brady/Belichick era. They are the 60s Lakers to the 60s Celtics. Years from now it will always be "if it weren't for the Pats" how many Super Bowls would we have won.

tomlin may be the 2nd best coach in the NFL...

the prob is this:

"A" level: BB
next closest level which most likely includes Tomlin: Level "D"

and we've been used to "A" for 1.5 decades

Tomlin is legit not even half as good as BB

I know what happened.

Tomlins headset went out so he could not hear what Ben was saying. In fact, a Boston radio station came over the airwaves with an commercial about Chinese takeout.

Is the Kowloon still open?

Timeoutgate

Referees screwed us again gate

Spikegate

JuJugate

Play to win the game gate.

tomlin in game mgmt is horrible..thus he can't be a great coach. Being a cheerleader with a roster stacked with talent does not make a great or even good coach.

I know what happened.

Tomlins headset went out so he could not hear what Ben was saying. In fact, a Boston radio station came over the airwaves with an commercial about Chinese takeout.

Is the Kowloon still open?

Is the Kowloon closed? Next you'll tell me the Hilltop isn't around anymore...

Agree he is out of it. But, Tomlin is pulling down about what, 7 million a season. He aint that dumb.
I don't know, there are still some pretty phucking stupid people pulling down that and then some out there..

Tomlin does a decent job managing personalities and has created/managed a decent culture in Pitt......too much running their mouths and un-earned swagger for my taste, but he does a nice job there......he's kind of like joe torre, handed the keys to a fine sports car, keeps it nicely waxed and tuned up

as an in-game coach, he makes andy reid look decisive and prepared; he's been lucky to have good assistants around him

depends on what you want out of your HC........we are spoiled

he's a decent modern football coach in that he holds a bunch of coddled, ego centric personalities together fairly well

we just happen to have the GOAT who has created a culture of team first, perparation and winning, so we're jaded

None of this nonsense matters because the game is over and the Rapist made a ridiculously bad decision throwing into good double coverage. Who cares who called a TO or not and where?

I think Ben also said he did not want a time out but it was called by the ref by accident. The refs are the biggest joke so I don't doubt this.

What the **** is that if not calling a timeout ?

Does anyone here seriously believe he was asking for his offense to actually huddle up after sprinting up 70 yards on a running clock ?

All the non Belichick coaches have glaring flaws. By win % we have:

Tomlin - Can't make adjustments, can't manage late game situations
McCarthy - Choker, keeps garbage assistants around forever
Arians - Admitted he let entire team melt down because they lost to Pats in the 2016 opener lol, play-calling tends to get his QBs beaten to death, 1 career playoff win, team has fallen off a cliff
Reid - Worst clock management coach of the modern era
Payton - Only understands offense, keeps garbage DCs around forever
Zimmer - Might actually be really good, small sample size though
Harbaugh - Will melt down during games if you just call some trick plays lol, has also fallen off a cliff in multiple seasons
Pete Carroll - Legendary choke jobber, lost control of team, getting his QB murdered because he refuses to upgrade OL and keeps legendarily bad OC and OL coaches around forever
Ron Rivera - This dude is just all over the map, his teams are up and down to a degree that makes Tomlin go LOLWUT
Jason Garrett - OK we're just in the toilet now *claps on sideline, makes no adjustments when his OL gives up 12 sacks in 2 games and his 2nd year QB dies*

Why are they hung up on this? That timeout was almost irrelevant. They still had enough time to run a play (or clock it) and then kick the FG. They were just completely unprepared to run a play and inept at executing it.

Because this is what Tomlin and the Steelers under him have been doing forever. Finding excuses and pointing fingers..

Actually he has to be lying. He says he questioned the ref why he would grant a timeout call by the QB.
If he actually did that he would have been educated on the rule and then not said this in a press conference to sound ignorant.
Nailed it! He is a good (not great) coach BUT ignorant...

What the **** is that if not calling a timeout ?

Does anyone here seriously believe he was asking for his offense to actually huddle up after sprinting up 70 yards on a running clock ?

That’s either a clear timeout signal or some of the worst ballet I’ve ever seen.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back