PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben blames the sidelines for botched fake spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will get spun into the Patriots stole their signals which caused them to run the fake spike and therefore cause the Gatorade to be a tad too warm, causing the ball to be slightly off target.

The idea to run a fake spike wasn't flawed. Not communicating it properly with the guys on the field and throwing to a guy who was triple covered was the problem. Coulda chucked the thing out of the end zone.

Rodney during halftime tonight said Roethlisberger is full of it. He also said it's hard to respect someone who can't just take the blame for a mistake.

Unrelated, but anyone else notice how Rodney seems to be more anti-Pats and Dungy surprisingly pro-Pats lately?

There's many women who would tell you that when Ben disagrees with you he's just going to do what he wants. Also surprised he didn't need to be rushed off to the hospital after the game after all the terrible injuries he seemed to sustain.

"I was yelling 'clock it' because I felt that was the thing to do, to clock it and get yourself one play.

Ah, so Ben's plan was to clock it then take a shot at the end zone on 4th down? Why do you suppose the coaches weren't on board with that? :rolleyes:

Love how it ended. Made Roethlisberger, Haley and Tomlin all look like fools.

Oh, and nice route Eli Rogers. I expected a throw to the outside, not running in the middle of 6 Patriot defenders.

To be fair, Eli was expecting it to be clocked. So he was just running around the block looking for a bodega.

Ah, so Ben's plan was to clock it then take a shot at the end zone on 4th down? Why do you suppose the coaches weren't on board with that? :rolleyes:
Winner and hilarious.

Here I thought it was insulting that the Steelers actually thought we'd be fooled by a fake spike on third down with 16 seconds left. But the truth is Ben thought he could spike it, run another play and then kick the field goal if that failed? Or just screw the field goal and waste a down with 16 seconds left so you can have time to plan one last shot at the end zone on 4th down? Either way that is priceless.

Ben's planned attire for Monday

bigben9s-1-web.jpg

I'm the biggest Ben supporter around but not buying his jive on this one. There was definitely some type of miscommunication there - one receiver in the endzone against 5 defenders. But then, don't throw the ball!

Exactly! You nailed it. It's like a girl says no 5 times. Don't rape her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes