PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben blames the sidelines for botched fake spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pausing it just before the ball is out of rapistburgers hand. The O-lineman is 2 yards down the field, which is illegal. That being said, I've seen times where this was called, and not called. The rule is not consistently enforced unfortunately. It's not an easy rule to enforce either with how fast things happen. But if the ref threw the flag, it means he saw it, so they shouldn't have picked up the flag.

What does, "clocking or clock it" mean. Many references to it today but I'm confused.

I am. Why didn't you answer me instead of making a joke?
It's the QB spiking the ball to stop the clock...you lose the down but the play clock would have given them enough time to get the FG team on the field for a 4th down FG.

It's the QB spiking the ball to stop the clock...you lose the down but the play clock would have given them enough time to get the FG team on the field for a 4th down FG.
Always heard it called spiking. Never clocking it!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer me. I mean that seriously too!

Pausing it just before the ball is out of rapistburgers hand. The O-lineman is 2 yards down the field, which is illegal. That being said, I've seen times where this was called, and not called. The rule is not consistently enforced unfortunately. It's not an easy rule to enforce either with how fast things happen. But if the ref threw the flag, it means he saw it, so they shouldn't have picked up the flag.
I can see it getting missed. But how can it get missed when it was called and then wiped away?

I don't see why the fake clock or whatever was a bad play. The bad play part was that nobody knew what was happening. They had like 10 min while the TD was being reviewed to get everybody together and go over what happens if they don't score on 2nd down. They had plenty of time for a shot in the end zone. The Pats would have had that tight and everybody would have known the play as soon as the wr was taken down in bounds (a really underrated play btw to keep him from getting out of bounds).

The call to go for it was fine. The communication was terrible and the execution was even worse obviously. I'm trying to think of a worse decision to throw the ball when all he needed to do was throw it away.

I don't see why the fake clock or whatever was a bad play. The bad play part was that nobody knew what was happening. They had like 10 min while the TD was being reviewed to get everybody together and go over what happens if they don't score on 2nd down. They had plenty of time for a shot in the end zone. The Pats would have had that tight and everybody would have known the play as soon as the wr was taken down in bounds (a really underrated play btw to keep him from getting out of bounds).

The call to go for it was fine. The communication was terrible and the execution was even worse obviously. I'm trying to think of a worse decision to throw the ball when all he needed to do was throw it away.
Wow, great point. Reminds me of the picture of BB turning around to see what the crowd was roaring about (Brady was on fire). BB was instructing the defense. Thus, during the review, what does everyone think BB/Josh would be doing?

while the play was being reviewed - BR, Tomlin & Haley stood around watching the big screen.....instead of using it as a free time out, and getting plays set in case it was overturned......if it wasn't overturned, big deal, they just wasted 30 seconds of their life

instead they had to panic and ended up with a play that was thrown for a short gain and a tackle in bounds, and then panicked into a fake spike play that only sent one receiver over the middle into 4 defenders

total lack of preparation and actual coaching.......once again that Tomlin is nothing but a cheerleader and a reactionary......people mistake his jumping up and down and yelling as actual coaching

Always heard it called spiking. Never clocking it!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer me. I mean that seriously too!
Got to make up new words for old plays. Makes football sound more like nuclear physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back