PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben blames the sidelines for botched fake spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda like when people can't delineate between being acquitted of charges and NO CHARGES being filed.
Oh that’s easy. In the first case you were found not guilty, in the second you paid off the victim.

FYI in the English language the word you are looking for is differentiate.

So, in the calm of a post-game press conference, a QB tells the media that the disastrous play on which he threw a game-ending INT was all the fault of his offensive coordinator, who made him run a play over his own far superior judgment.

Reality check -- isn't this a far more serious display of public disrespect than getting into a sidelines cussing match at a tense mid-game moment?

Reality check -- isn't this a far more serious display of public disrespect than getting into a sidelines cussing match at a tense mid-game moment?
Yeah here is how I would rate them as far as lowest of the low

Cussing Match with OC

Throwing OC under bus at Presser

Raping someone.

So, in the calm of a post-game press conference, a QB tells the media that the disastrous play on which he threw a game-ending INT was all the fault of his offensive coordinator, who made him run a play over his own far superior judgment.

ftw.jpg

Ah, so Ben's plan was to clock it then take a shot at the end zone on 4th down? Why do you suppose the coaches weren't on board with that? :rolleyes:

His plan was to clock it and kick an FG to send it to overtime.

His plan was to clock it and kick an FG to send it to overtime.
His plan, with all the terrible injuries he suffered during the game, and the refs trying to kill him and his team, and his hated rival driving his team to a late TD and 2 pt. conversion, was to make one last dramatic and heroic play that would show everyone, everyone, that this, THIS is the Steeler's year, and he, Big Ben, will drag himself bodily to the finish line and fool those pesky Pats to make the victorious play......

and instead he went all Russell Wilson at the end of Superbowl 49, followed by going all Peyton Manning at his press conference. Karma's a you-know-what Bennie. See you in the playoffs (maybe, if you're lucky).

Rodney during halftime tonight said Roethlisberger is full of it and that it's hard to respect someone who won't just take the blame for a mistake.
It's fascinating how often when the Patriots win, they just don't win the game, they sink the opposing franchise into a sea of mutual recriminations. Sometimes they derail entire franchises.

(Examples would be the last couple of SBs, the Tebow win in the playoffs, even the Steelers last year).

It wasn't just Ben. Tomlin in his presser said he wasn't going to sit there and wine about the rule, the overturn or no flag on the play while doing just that but letting everybody know he wasn't .

Eli Rogers' explanation of the Steelers' final play: "It was just a call where he signaled me something and I ran across the field. I think that was 21 on me. He just kind of grabbed me and changed how I was going to catch the ball. I thought it was a flag, but it's all good."

The refs stayed out of the game, much of it not to NE's benefit, and we actually had a great game.

Steelers blockers clearly 5 yards down field never mind one yard.

It wasn't just Ben. Tomlin in his presser said he wasn't going to sit there and wine about the rule, the overturn or no flag on the play while doing just that but letting everybody know he wasn't .

Eli Rogers' explanation of the Steelers' final play: "It was just a call where he signaled me something and I ran across the field. I think that was 21 on me. He just kind of grabbed me and changed how I was going to catch the ball. I thought it was a flag, but it's all good."

The refs stayed out of the game, much of it not to NE's benefit, and we actually had a great game.
I am shocked with how little laundry was thrown by the zebras.

Love how Rodgers says he was held. Of course it wasn't 100% his fault .

...and Roeth backs up the bus on his coach.

This is why I call them the "Squealers"

Exactly! You nailed it. It's like a girl says no 5 times. Don't rape her.

I choked on my water while reading this.
Easily the hardest I’ve laughed in a week.

Ben jumped the gun, assuming they were going to take the coward's way out and play for overtime, then when he was overruled instead of playing conservative and throwing a fade (or just chucking it out of the end zone), he suddenly decided mid-chaos was the time to be daring and threw into triple coverage.

This is clearly Haley's fault.

Kinda like when people can't delineate between being acquitted of charges and NO CHARGES being filed.
Even more kinda like not being able to file charges because a bunch of people were complicit in eliminating the evidence! Weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back