PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foolish meter will be off the charts for quite a few when Brady returns and plays at a high level.

It wouldn't surprise me. It just also wouldn't surprise me if he left.

Oakland is going to re-sign AB? And AB is going to sign with Oakland? Or did the joke go over my head...?

Moving to Vegas they’d be desperate to draw fans even though they will being an nfl team alone. If Brady says I’m yours just sign AB I’m pretty sure they would, and even if they elected not that team is stacked offensively.

Except every player under BB has said he has learned more under BB even in a short time than with anyone else.
Latest example is Michael Bennett.
Saying BB isn’t the sharpest football mind of all time is doing him a incredible dis service.
Where did I say he wasn’t the sharpest mind?

He hasn’t. But Belichick was not exactly Vince Lombardi up until the point that #12 showed up. We know what he did in Cleveland and, prior to Bledsoe getting lit up, had a miserable record in New England as well. Then Brady came in and we went from a guy who was “a better coordinator than a head coach” to the GOAT. If you ask me, that looks more like the GOAT QB coming in and helping the coach reach those lofty heights than the other way around. Furthermore, and Belichick has even said this himself, the players on the field win games. Not the coaches.

Some want to learn the hard way

You need a QB to win in this league, no doubt. When Belichick was in Cleveland, he was stuck with an aging Bernie Kosar and Vinnie Testeverde. Can't win many games in this league with either of those two. Plus as is commonly known he was turning that team around when Art Modell pulled the rug out from under him. And how about Bill Walsh, who was a combined 8-24 with the Niners before Montana came along? And Vince Lombardi wasn't exactly Vince Lombardi when he coached the Redskins.
This is a good way to say “I agree.”

It wouldn't surprise me. It just also wouldn't surprise me if he left.
I like it. Your almost handicapping the odds here. I’ll make sure to congratulate you on being right... whatever way it goes. ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't give a f#ck what Brady does or where he goes?

AB threads were better than this crap.

AB wanted to come back to NE too.

Oy...I hope this isn't true

Am I the only one who doesn't give a f#ck what Brady does or where he goes?

Not giving a f#ck might be a tad bit strong but I'm definitely not stressing it even a little bit.

He hasn’t. But Belichick was not exactly Vince Lombardi up until the point that #12 showed up. We know what he did in Cleveland and, prior to Bledsoe getting lit up, had a miserable record in New England as well. Then Brady came in and we went from a guy who was “a better coordinator than a head coach” to the GOAT. If you ask me, that looks more like the GOAT QB coming in and helping the coach reach those lofty heights than the other way around. Furthermore, and Belichick has even said this himself, the players on the field win games. Not the coaches.
Also... Bill Walsh and Phil Jackson, two other all-time great coaches, weren't anything special before Montana and Michael Jordan. There's a definite trend here.

Also... Bill Walsh and Phil Jackson, two other all-time great coaches, weren't anything special before Montana and Michael Jordan. There's a definite trend here.

Paul Brown coached for 20 seasons after Otto Graham retired and didn’t sniff another championship.

Tom Landy coached for 10 season after Roger Staubach retired and didn’t sniff another championship.

Chuck Noll coached for 8 seasons after Terry Bradshaw retired and didn’t sniff another championship.

Mike Shanahan coached for 11 seasons after John Elway retired and didn’t sniff another championship.

All of these guys were considered great coaches, but their post-star QB tenures were marked by mediocrity and eventual replacement. In fact, I don’t think a coach has ever won multiple championships with one QB (dynasty or mini-dynasty) and then built anything close to a perennial contender after. I think Gibbs and Parcells are the closest when it comes to building with different QBs though neither fits that criteria.

Last edited:
Paul Brown coached for 20 seasons after Otto Graham retired and didn’t sniff another championship.

Tom Landy coached for 10 season after Roger Staubach retired and didn’t sniff another championship.

Chuck Noll coached for 8 seasons after Terry Bradshaw retired and didn’t sniff another championship.

Mike Shanahan coached for 11 seasons after John Elway retried and didn’t sniff another championship.

All of these guys were considered great coaches, but their post-star QB tenures were marked by mediocrity and eventual replacement. In fact, I don’t think a coach has ever won multiple championships with one QB (dynasty or mini-dynasty) and then built anything close to a perennial contender after. I think Gibbs and Parcells are the closest when it comes to building with different QBs though neither fits that criteria.

As a general rule, even great coaches don't win Super Bowls with multiple QBs.
As a general rule, even great QBs don't win Super Bowls with multiple teams/coaches.

There are several reasons for that, but people on this board, and in the New England area, are looking forward to seeing BB try to win the Super Bowl with Blake Bortles/Andy Dalton/that really good player in the rec league.

It's another demonstration of the silliness of human beings.

Stop, I am so tired of Brady rumors, or Brady said or tweeted, or Brady's wife thinks. Enough with the "Brady self created attention game"

Stop, I am so tired of Brady rumors, or Brady said or tweeted, or Brady's wife thinks. Enough with the "Brady self created attention game"
I hope that he stays, as I think it most definitely gives the team the best chance of winning, but he does seem to be a bit attention hungry and dramatic, lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes