PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
There is way too many Brady threads so let's just keep it to this one!

eB4Rt5_t_400x400.jpg

Jeff Howe yesterday: “No one polled here believes Brady will actually leave the Patriots in free agency”

Apparently they’re talking to different people.

upload_2020-2-27_9-4-55.jpeg

Wait... oh not that kind of rumor. Carry on. :)

I don't put huge amounts of stock in this yet tbh. It could be true, but it could also be a leverage play by Brady. The source in both tweets is Brady's camp. Darlington is well know to be in Brady's pocket so I would read them in that context.

The Pats haven't even put an offer out there yet, likely due to the CBA discussions. There is still 3 weeks for them to get together.

It's almost fascinating to read the various news from all the reporters...

It’s probably best for the patriots if Brady leaves. Honestly if he wants to get paid and you need to give him $30M what do you have left to help build around him and give him the offense you want?

unless you have a mass exodus of aging talent you’re still picking through the scraps of 3rd option WRs filling out the roster.

It’s probably best for the patriots if Brady leaves. Honestly if he wants to get paid and you need to give him $30M what do you have left to help build around him and give him the offense you want?

unless you have a mass exodus of aging talent you’re still picking through the scraps of 3rd option WRs filling out the roster.
I’ve said this since the end of the season bad drafting and free agent jags on offense has created this inevitable scenario.

My theory is yesterday/this morning someone from the Brady camp spread the rumor he would not be coming back. Thats why a couple reporters suddenly think he leaves. And it makes sense: If they want to get a feel for his market value without tempering, they should somehow make other teams know he might be available.

I don’t agree with alot the 98.5 duo says but I do think there is credence to the pats media cartel meme.

Interesting timing to tweet pro Stidham news.

Last edited:
I don’t agree with alot the 98.5 duo says but I do think there is credence to the pats media cartel meme.

Interesting timing to tweet pro Stidham news.

If this is the case I doubt Bill picks a QB like Jordan Love in the draft. It sounds like it's Stidham going forward if in fact Brady is gone. I have a feeling the Giants and Titans are going to be his strongest suitors outside NE.

Tom Brady will be treated just like BB treats most of his other key free agents.
They will wait until hell freezes over to get an offer from him.

If Brady leaves I pray he goes to a team the Patriots DO NOT play next season. I don't think I could stand the media circus around that game...I get the impression 75% of the people on this board weren't fans during the whole Kraft/Parcells thing and the first "Tuna Bowl". The media was insufferable - it'll be 10X worse if Brady goes to a team on the Pats 2020 schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down