PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the coach that drafted Brady and then had the balls to hand the starting job over to him when his franchise QB returned from injury despite the howls of thousands of fans and media morons?

The size of the holes in your argument are such that a supernova could fit through them.

The Pats went 11-5 with Matt Friggen Cassel, and 3-1 with Jimmy G/Jacoby Brissett, so that's 14-6, a .700 win percentage, that translates to 11-5 over a 16 game season.

IF Brady leaves, and Thuney leaves, and Van Noy leaves, that leaves a lot of cap money to fill holes (both offensively AND defensively). My preference is that he stays, but IF he leaves, with BB and Kraft running the show, I don't think the Pats will become a bad team. With Belichick and Kraft, they will always be competitive.

Don't short change Stidham, as a 1st year QB, he showed more promise than Cassel, Jimmy G & Brissett.
Homer homer homer if you think any of that is true about Stidham. Don’t embarrass yourself.

I honestly don't think that team wins if that happens, BB knows Brady too well. And we've seen how former coordinators have been able to really slow down our offense in years past.
Brady will take a steaming **** on Belichick’s defense. And I’ll look forward to it.

You mean the coach that drafted Brady and then had the balls to hand the starting job over to him when his franchise QB returned from injury despite the howls of thousands of fans and media morons?
Brady was winning. He stuck with the winning hand. Let’s not act like that was the hard thing to do for a coach who doesn’t give a damn about what the media and region think. And let’s not act like he knew Brady was going to end up being the GOAT. If he had, he wouldn’t have waited until the 6th round to draft him. He caught lightning in a bottle. That doesn’t mean he isn’t an all time great coach. He is. But he hasn’t proven that he can win the big one without Brady.

The Pats went 11-5 with Matt Friggen Cassel, and 3-1 with Jimmy G/Jacoby Brissett, so that's 14-6, a .700 win percentage, that translates to 11-5 over a 16 game season.

IF Brady leaves, and Thuney leaves, and Van Noy leaves, that leaves a lot of cap money to fill holes (both offensively AND defensively). My preference is that he stays, but IF he leaves, with BB and Kraft running the show, I don't think the Pats will become a bad team. With Belichick and Kraft, they will always be competitive.

Don't short change Stidham, as a 1st year QB, he showed more promise than Cassel, Jimmy G & Brissett.

The Matt Cassell argumnent is tired and overrated. In 2008 the Pats had the easiest SOS and didn't even win their division. Against the top teams in the league (ie- Pittsburgh) he folded. Josh and Bill built a run first offense around him in which he was able to thrive. That's about it.

Denver is rolling with Lock who is being mentored by Manning by the way.
Lock was my first pick preference at QB When he fell to the second round I was shocked.

Stidham in the fourth was robbery.
Who was my second favorite QB in the draft.

But he hasn’t proven that he can win the big one without Brady.

And Brady hasn't proven he can win without Belichick. It goes both ways. The truth is both Brady and Belichick will be linked together for the rest of their lives. Individually, neither could win 6 Super Bowls. Together, they were unstoppable.

Last edited:
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media named the Chargers, Raiders and Colts as teams Don Yee and Carter Chow have met with about Brady this week in Indianapolis. The Giants, named by a different NFL Media reporter as a potential suitor, were not listed in Rapoport’s report.

so your telling me Brady is represented by the team of Yee and Chow

Denver is rolling with Lock who is being mentored by Manning by the way.
Lock was my first pick preference at QB When he fell to the second round I was shocked.

Stidham in the fourth was robbery.
Who was my second favorite QB in the draft.

I was impressed at the improvement Lock showed towards the end of the year. He looked rough last preseason.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a f#ck what Brady does or where he goes?

At this point the whole situation has far eclipsed whatever the outcome will be.

Nope. I hope he stays but if not thanks for all the memories. To this point it’s been one hell of a ride.

But not contenders. So what’s the point? Divest. Unload those contracts, suck for a year, get a shot at Lawrence.
Nah. Still a lot to build on. We aren't 2000 yet.

The only team that makes sense outside NE is Oakland. They have an elite oline/RB with max cap space. They can draft Jude at 11 and sign AB to make a nuclear offense while getting Byron Jones and drafting defense to make an average to above average defense.

Oakland is going to re-sign AB? And AB is going to sign with Oakland? Or did the joke go over my head...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft