PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't give a f#ck what Brady does or where he goes?

I would certainly like to think you are. Then again, I'd like to think that nobody was fool enough to think it a good idea for Brady to leave, and that hope's obviously been dashed by a number of Patriots fans proving the contrary.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a f#ck what Brady does or where he goes?
Nope, you're not. I'd like him to stay here and have one last good year, but que sera sera and I'm not going to get worked up about it either way.

I would certainly like to think you are. Then again, I'd like to think that nobody was fool enough to think it a good idea for Brady to leave, and that hope's obviously been dashed by a number of Patriots fans proving the contrary.

Kind of amusing to watch all this unwind on here. It's okay for Brady to continuously take well below top market pay, so the team can restock and get what it needs. One year he's a free agent, he taking some time to feel out his priorities and see what being a FA is like, and fans on here are like

"F*** this guy, I'm over him."

A lot of us still appreciate you Brady.

The Matt Cassell argumnent is tired and overrated. In 2008 the Pats had the easiest SOS and didn't even win their division. Against the top teams in the league (ie- Pittsburgh) he folded. Josh and Bill built a run first offense around him in which he was able to thrive. That's about it.

Anytime the 2008 team is mentioned I get flashbacks to the week 17 Jets/Dolphins game and Favre playing like absolute crap. I still think the 2008 Patriots could of "made some noise" in the playoffs that year.

It's time to let go of Brady. We all know Belichick will want to nickel and dime Brady for every last cent and hem and haw over everything. So either Krafty Bob steps in which will piss off Bill OR Brady signs after all and resents all the nickel and dimeing and we have another season of sad, pouting Tom...only scenarios he comes back

Foolish meter will be off the charts for quite a few when Brady returns and plays at a high level.

It's time to let go of Brady. We all know Belichick will want to nickel and dime Brady for every last cent and hem and haw over everything. So either Krafty Bob steps in which will piss off Bill OR Brady signs after all and resents all the nickel and dimeing and we have another season of sad, pouting Tom...only scenarios he comes back

Probably want him to show up to OTAs :D

And Brady hasn't proven he can win without Belichick. It goes both ways. The truth is both Brady and Belichick will be linked together for the rest of their lives. Individually, neither could win 6 Super Bowls. Together, they were unstoppable.
He hasn’t. But Belichick was not exactly Vince Lombardi up until the point that #12 showed up. We know what he did in Cleveland and, prior to Bledsoe getting lit up, had a miserable record in New England as well. Then Brady came in and we went from a guy who was “a better coordinator than a head coach” to the GOAT. If you ask me, that looks more like the GOAT QB coming in and helping the coach reach those lofty heights than the other way around. Furthermore, and Belichick has even said this himself, the players on the field win games. Not the coaches.

Nah. Still a lot to build on. We aren't 2000 yet.

Yeah. This team is absolutely loaded with young playmakers on dirt cheap rookie deals on both sides of the ball.

He hasn’t. But Belichick was not exactly Vince Lombardi up until the point that #12 showed up. We know what he did in Cleveland and, prior to Bledsoe getting lit up, had a miserable record in New England as well. Then Brady came in and we went from a guy who was “a better coordinator than a head coach” to the GOAT. If you ask me, that looks more like the GOAT QB coming in and helping the coach reach those lofty heights than the other way around. Furthermore, and Belichick has even said this himself, the players on the field win games. Not the coaches.
Except every player under BB has said he has learned more under BB even in a short time than with anyone else.
Latest example is Michael Bennett.
Saying BB isn’t the sharpest football mind of all time is doing him a incredible dis service.

It works the other way as well when he’s not back and we still make the playoffs.

No, it doesn't. I do love the attempted sleight of hand via phony equivalence there, though.

It works the other way as well when he’s not back and we still make the playoffs.

That would make Belichick 2 for 8. I wouldn’t bet on it.

I don't think it's a good idea at all.
Then again I'm not confident he can overcome chronic problems at his age.
It's been a hell of a ride and if this is it I am good.
It's been way more than a fan could ever wish for.

You need a QB to win in this league, no doubt. When Belichick was in Cleveland, he was stuck with an aging Bernie Kosar and Vinnie Testeverde. Can't win many games in this league with either of those two. Plus as is commonly known he was turning that team around when Art Modell pulled the rug out from under him. And how about Bill Walsh, who was a combined 8-24 with the Niners before Montana came along? And Vince Lombardi wasn't exactly Vince Lombardi when he coached the Redskins.

Last edited:
OMG! The Patriots haven't even BEGUN contract talks with Brady! That proves Brady's gone. He's gone!

Umm....

Teams are waiting for clarity on the Collective Bargaining Agreement before getting down to serious business in contract talks with potential free agents.

So for those reasons, it comes as no surprise that General Manager Mickey Loomis told Katherine Terrell of TheAthletic.com on Thursday that the Saints have not opened talks with Brees’ camp yet.

The goal, Loomis said, is to get the deal done before the start of free agency in 20 days.

Saints have not started contract talks with Drew Brees' camp yet - ProFootballTalk

You need a QB to win in this league, no doubt. But when Belichick was in Cleveland, he was stuck with an aging Bernie Kosar and Vinnie Testeverde. Can't win many games in this league with either of those two. Plus as is commonly known he was turning that team around when Art Modell pulled the rug out from under him. And how about Bill Walsh, who was a combined 8-24 with the Niners before Montana came along?

You're making Kontra's point for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back