PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I would see the day that a someone can be convicted by probably circumstance.

The NFL is a joke and this country is going to absolute crap..this would have never happened 10-15 years ago... pressure from public opinion is out of control.

Am I to believe that I dead it right that the refs only tested 4 balls over a constraints on time?

The fact that they didn't deem it necessary to test all the colts balls implies heavily that the pats were guilty of wrong doing regardless of what the psi of the colts balls were. Thus making the testing irrelevant

Except the sample size says that 75% of their balls we're illegal and all.

Welker got 4 games reduced to 2 for pedal use, whatever Brady gets will be reduced to 0.

Am I to believe that I dead it right that the refs only tested 4 balls over a constraints on time?

The fact that they didn't deem it necessary to test all the colts balls implies heavily that the pats were guilty of wrong doing regardless of what the psi of the colts balls were. Thus making the testing irrelevant

Or simply because historically nobody cared about the footballs and nobody expected this entire thing to turn into a cluster**** of epic proportions. To the refs it was more important to adhere to the rules about how long the halftime break should be than to ball pressure.

It's funny - I actually do think the texting between ball boys is suspicious. Or rather, their explanations of the texts are - frankly I think there are ways to interpret them as innocuous, but some of their explanations come up short.

Given that that IIRC the report said some of those texts were during halftime of a game, I'm surprised Goodell hasn't announced a texting investigation of the Patriots. (I know, I know, don't give him ideas.)

the 'AHA's' came out yesterday......now that more and more people have red it entirely, more and more are asking 'what is this garbage'? the report itself reeks of a pre research conclusion to be drawn. It reeks of being done in a way to support the initial claim and not get to a factual based result.

Brady's day long interview is relegated to a footnote......eveything is done to make it look a certain way.

whne I first skimmed it yesterday, I said 'this looks bad' ...... much less so today (I read it last night)

I sincerely hope you are right. As someone who can only go off of what I quickly read and the tweets of reliable guys like Mike Loyko, Schefter, Reiss, Tom E Curran, Hurley etc its sounding like with their ears to the ground the NFL will snub the in depth research and react solely off of media reaction.

Oh ya a storm is coming?

buried on the 228th page was this nugget: “In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain.”

I.e. "We really don't know and have no proof but f*ck it we are gonna say they probably did it anyway"

Give me a break with your cowardly "we're in so much trouble" rhetoric

Um ok. Glad you really put me in my place with my opinion that we get hit with a penalty.
Have you even read my posts? I dont think so.

I sincerely hope you are right. As someone who can only go off of what I quickly read and the tweets of reliable guys like Mike Loyko, Schefter, Reiss, Tom E Curran, Hurley etc its sounding like with their ears to the ground the NFL will snub the in depth research and react solely off of media reaction.

Um ok. Glad you really put me in my place with my opinion that we get hit with a penalty.
Have you even read my posts? I dont think so.

think about it for a second......Exponent (the company hired by the NFL to do the technical analysis) was previously hired to prove that second hand smoke does not cause cancer.......so think about intent on the part of the NFL based on who they hire.

This entire issue is so littered with garbage that anything handed down will be appealed, and once it is, then those firing back will have everything they need to tear goodell down.......

something tells me that the NFL is now gauging public opinion, and I think you're going to see something be agreed to that doesn't blow everything up and it will not include any suspension for anyone.......it could literally be a $25K fine and that's it

Kudos to you Sir.

I don't want any of this, but something happened with the balls. The texts between the equipment guys are very damning.

Not in a sane world. There is nothing even remotely damning in those texts

Given that that IIRC the report said some of those texts were during halftime of a game, I'm surprised Goodell hasn't announced a texting investigation of the Patriots. (I know, I know, don't give him ideas.)
I haven't read the report but after 85 some odd pages on this thread, this is the first I've read that these texts were sent during a game

Maybe it's me but I think as time goes on, the tide will turn on how the Wells Report is accepted as credible.

That's what ticks me off. The investigation was so one-sided. If they pulled in so much circumstantial info to come up with a "probably",why not present info that disproves the assertion that this was a sting? So annoying.

Tom Brady's agent is busy working on that, as is his father. It's obvious that the Wells team set out to prove the Patriots and Tom Brady cheated, and came up empty.

The steroid investigations in MLB was much more responsible. The Mitchell Report only named players for whom they had physical evidence of buying and using steroids. Clemens never flunked a drug test, but they had the trainer and receipts, syringes etc who was assisting Clemens.

This is child's play compared to that, and the evidence is far weaker.

The NFL has a major problem. The talking heads are calling for fines, suspensions, etc., but the NFLPA will be ready for an appeal in front of an arbitrator who will frown upon the "more probable than not" that the balls were doctored conclusion and "it is more probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski.”

These conclusions are about as weak as one can make, and are either insufficient altogether to suspend Brady, or so limited as to demand the minimum. My instincts tell me this is a fine, a warning, and a new protocol for handling footballs... and a major beat down for the Steelers at Foxboro on opening night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back