PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning Hatorade Thread.(mega merged)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

QB for 1 game

• Manning

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Marino

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally its the ballwashing which i hate about manning. As a player he has choked but also has had unfortunate experience of playing with coaches who dont have any balls to coach in a big game.

I'm with you on the ballwashing, but don't kid yourself. Manning's had good coaches. Dungy was an excellent coach. Mudd was a quality OC. His OC this year is the same OC who had the balls to completely tailor his offense to Tebow's skills last season, and then had the balls to have Tebow throwing deep to start off the overtime. Remember, that run on 3rd and 7 was a pass call that Manning audibled out of, so that's not on the OC or HC.

Manning = A Rod = Luongo

Last edited:
I'm with you on the ballwashing, but don't kid yourself. Manning's had good coaches. Dungy was an excellent coach. Mudd was a quality OC. His OC this year is the same OC who had the balls to completely tailor his offense to Tebow's skills last season, and then had the balls to have Tebow throwing deep to start off the overtime. Remember, that run on 3rd and 7 was a pass call that Manning audibled out of, so that's not on the OC or HC.

Manning = A Rod = Luongo

Yep, the excuses never stop.

Peyton played for a minor league NFL team in Indianapolis, if you ask the national media. Forget that Tony Dungy was successful in Tampa, might be a Hall of Fame coach, and that Bill Polian is arguably the most successful GM of the last 25 years (when you consider what he did with multiple teams.) Harrison is bound for Canton and Wayne is, too. Bob Sanders won DPOY while Freeney is a future Hall of Famer and Mathis isn't too far behind. That "horrible defense" put together one of the most dominating runs I've seen to hand Peyton his Lombardi, 3 TDs, 7 INTs, and a whopping 70 passer rating (lowest ever for an "MVP.")

Time to belittle the Broncos team now that finished in the top five in every significant category, led the league in sacks, and had the biggest HFA in the nfl.

Eli tonight...

iYUkSuFdQvJGE.gif

Re: Enjoy your MVP trophy Manning

BTW there is of course a Silver lining for all of this he has an extra week to rest and prepare for another brilliant Pro Bowl appearance. I figure with the rules he is good for 5 or 6 TD's.

:D

and deliverying high quailty papa john's pizza during superbowl commericals!:rocker:

Manning = A Rod = Luongo

I didnt mean in the quality of coaches.More about how conservative/scared his coaches have been in critical moments and how no one has stamped his authority on him.Manning has to share majority of the blame for all his failures but coaches just coat-tailed manning and never really said what they want him to do. For all the power Brady holds with the pats he can never tell BB what to do or rather bb will never do something because brady wants it unless he himself believes in it.
About denver changing offense to tebow, I personally think denver kinda gave up on the season to try something to win a game since it was fox's first yr and he had an excuse of not having/drafted any QBs he had on the team and they just took off. I feel today's game was as much on fox as on manning.

I didnt mean in the quality of coaches.More about how conservative/scared his coaches have been in critical moments and how no one has stamped his authority on him.Manning has to share majority of the blame for all his failures but coaches just coat-tailed manning and never really said what they want him to do. For all the power Brady holds with the pats he can never tell BB what to do or rather bb will never do something because brady wants it unless he himself believes in it...

Brady meets with BB once a week to work on the game plan and go over film. Brady gets input. We've seen this on one of the documentaries. He also has wide latitude to change calls at the line, just like Manning. You're falling prey to the Manning mythology.

Besides, how can you give Manning a pass by blaming the coaches' playcalling on one hand, while claiming that Manning can tell his coaches what to do on the other? That's not logically consistent.

Last edited:
Brady meets with BB once a week to work on the game plan and go over film. Brady gets input. We've seen this on one of the documentaries. He also has wide latitude to change calls at the line, just like Manning. You're falling prey to the Manning mythology.

Besides, how can you give Manning a pass by blaming the coaches on playcalling on one hand, while claiming that he can tell his coaches what to do on the other? That's not logically consistent.

The difference is that Brady calmly calls audibles while Manning flaps like a chicken, barks 11 code words, and makes sure every camera in the stadium has documented his once-in-a-generation (and patented, I believe) ability to see a defensive formation and change the play.

Both have the same effect, but Manning transcends measurable human intellect while Brady merely chooses a different play.

Manning:

12 playoff appearances
8 one-and-done seasons
1 one win season (2004)
1 AFCCG loss (2003)
1 Super Bowl loss
1 Super Bowl win

6 Top 10 scoring defenses

Brady has been to the Super Bowl 5 times. That means that he's been to the Super Bowl more seasons that Peyton Manning has won a playoff game. It's time for people to stop defending Manning. He's a great QB, but he doesn't belong in the same conversation as the true greats of the pantheon. He's #9-#15, not #1-#5.

Last edited:
I don't hate Peyton as a player, but his fanboys in the media are insufferable. Peyton just proves time and time again why he is not a winner. There is a reason Brady has 3 Super Bowls, Eli has 2, Roethlisberger has 2, and Peyton has 1 in 12 playoff berths. He looked scared out of his mind in the 4th quarter. He was throwing at his receivers' feet.

But next year, when the Broncos start 8-0, we'll be hearing the same **** from ESPN.

I don't hate Peyton as a player, but his fanboys in the media are insufferable. Peyton just proves time and time again why he is not a winner. There is a reason Brady has 3 Super Bowls, Eli has 2, Roethlisberger has 2, and Peyton has 1 in 12 playoff berths. He looked scared out of his mind in the 4th quarter. He was throwing at his receivers' feet.

But next year, when the Broncos start 8-0, we'll be hearing the same **** from ESPN.

I would still take Peyton over Eli. Eli just had absurd luck in his 2 SB's

I would still take Peyton over Eli. Eli just had absurd luck in his 2 SB's

This brings up what I think is a pretty good question about your team in general, as opposed to being specifically about the QBs:

Would you rather have just a couple of playoff appearances, but have them lead to multiple SB wins, or

would you rather make the playoffs every year, but only win one SB?

Last edited:
The difference is that Brady calmly calls audibles while Manning flaps like a chicken, barks 11 code words, and makes sure every camera in the stadium has documented his once-in-a-generation (and patented, I believe) ability to see a defensive formation and change the play.

Both have the same effect, but Manning transcends measurable human intellect while Brady merely chooses a different play.

OMG you nailed it. This should be reposted each year. :D:rocker::singing:

Besides, how can you give Manning a pass by blaming the coaches' playcalling on one hand, while claiming that Manning can tell his coaches what to do on the other? That's not logically consistent.

Sorry maybe I didnt express clearly. Iam not falling prey to manning myth. I think brady is much greater than manning.And I didn't mean brady doesnt get input and has no say in the gameplan playcalling etc. He has same latitude as manning. I meant about the same sideline decisions where bb makes the call and not brady and he just follows it and he is fortunate to have BB who is bold enough to put the game in his best player's hands and go for a win instead of playing safe.

Not giving manning a pass on playcalling or what he runs. He owns it .What manning runs he has to own it because everyone assumes he is calling the plays. More on sideline decsions , to punt vs go for it. To kneel down vs try and score pts. On these situations at least he has been stuck with very conservative coaches IMO.

I wonder why Manning kept saying HURRY HURRY HURRY before every snap, was he really that desperate to get home and crawl under a nice warm blanket and watch golden girls?

Sorry maybe I didnt express clearly. Iam not falling prey to manning myth. I think brady is much greater than manning.And I didn't mean brady doesnt get input and has no say in the gameplan playcalling etc. He has same latitude as manning. I meant about the same sideline decisions where bb makes the call and not brady and he just follows it and he is fortunate to have BB who is bold enough to put the game in his best player's hands and go for a win instead of playing safe.

Not giving manning a pass on playcalling or what he runs. He owns it .What manning runs he has to own it because everyone assumes he is calling the plays. More on sideline decsions , to punt vs go for it. To kneel down vs try and score pts. On these situations at least he has been stuck with very conservative coaches IMO.

I get you, and I can see your argument, even if I don't agree with it.

Also, I'm sorry if it seems that I'm berating you. I don't mean to do that. I just really hate the Manning mythology. I'm here doing some work so that tomorrow's a fully free day, and all I'm hearing from the overnight sports guys, on station after station, is the excusemaking about yet another Manning playoff loss.

Last edited:
using Peyton Manning's name in a comparative way to Tom Brady is insulting...please stop....Goodell became commissioner with one primary directive, destroy the NE Patriots and diminish BB and Tom Brady in the eyes of the sporting public at all costs, no matter how scurrilous.

Now I told everybody here years ago what happened that Thursday before the "spygate" imbroglio.When Mangini was free and clear he ADMITTED it was the worst decision he ever made in his coaching life. Goodell used him as a cat's paw to attempt to ruin the Patriots franchise. What he feared has come to pass against all his wishes and machinations....year after year after year after year, Tom Brady and the NE Patriots are a threat to go to the Super Bowl.

This season is no different....now he's using the double pronged attack...if not his fondest hopes of a Manning Super Bowl, then certainly there's the Harbaugh "they are tremendous NFL coaches" scenario for Goodell to use diminish and demean BB, Brady and the Patriots. He's allowed that circus that exists in NJ, that stinking cesspool, he has let THAT fester and grow unchecked. You'll notice he NEVER talks about the Pats ever now...just as the NFLN talks up every other team and all their great stars and all their great players and great coaches but the FIRST WORDS out of that Burmeister nitwit's mouth on NFLN tonight, with Deon and Heath Evans, his first words and ONLY words toward the Pats was ..."the Ravens beat them!!! Gaa gaa gaaa!!!!". THAT is all they have to say and then go on a pilgrimage to the Raven Shrine.

Peyton Manning..MVP and 1st team All Pro...."why yes of course...ball gargle ball gargle.. he's absolutely the best QB and the greatest of all time and Rodgers is # 2 ...don't we all agree???"

"oh yes...he's the greatest and if not for him Aaron would be number 1 ..without question!!!"

right...I have no crystal ball, but I want to see the Pat win tomorrow...and I'm dyam glad I'll be watching Tom freakin' Brady quarterbacking my NE Patriots and not "everybody else's fault!!!!" Moonhead Mafia Mogul, Peyton "The Spitoon" Manling.

Re: John Fox:The reality is, we had a good season. We got to the elite eight

The Rex Ryan of the AFC West

I get you, and I can see your argument, even if I don't agree with it.

Also, I'm sorry if it seems that I'm berating you. I don't mean to do that. I just really hate the Manning mythology. I'm here doing some work so that tomorrow's a fully free day, and all I'm hearing from the overnight sports guys, on station after station, is the excusemaking about yet another Manning playoff loss.

Iam also hearing a lot of the same. Manning never had a great defense in indy(even though its the offense which the dropped the ball in all those losses) and today - manning had a great defense which let him down today. Going both ways without blaming manning.

Re: John Fox:The reality is, we had a good season. We got to the elite eight

The Rex Ryan of the AFC West

NOoooooooooooooo. No other team can have Rex he belongs to the AFC East

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back