PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning Hatorade Thread.(mega merged)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

QB for 1 game

• Manning

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Marino

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: POLL: P. Manning v. Marino

If it's a regular season game either would be good choices. Playoffs I'd prefer another option, but since you gave the two you did I have to go with the guy that has actually won a Super Bowl.

If it's a regular season game either would be good choices. Playoffs I'd prefer another option, but since you gave the two you did I have to go with the guy that has actually won a Super Bowl.

He was pretty ****ty that entire playoff series though.

Trying to put my man-love for TB12 aside, this should not have been a debate for some time. The rings argument is more and more valid as time goes on and Manning continues to come up short with high seeded teams. When your team earns a first round bye and hosting the divisional round game, you can draw 3 fair conclusions:

1. You are surrounded by a team and coaching staff who may not be a juggernaut, but are good enough to consistently win ball games in this league. A team that is fully capable of going the distance if things fall into place and especially if your stars shine in the big moments.

2. Your first opponent is a team that finished lower than you in the standings. In some cases, they are not an inferior team but certainly not a team above your level and there is a reason they were playing on wild card weekend.

3. You are playing at home, with 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the game. While your opponent is coming off a playoff battle.

In these situations Manning is 1-4. And he's now pulled off this chokejob with multiple teams. So you cannot tell me that the 'his teams have been so much inferior to Brady's' argument holds as much water because while it may be true in the case of 2003/2004, Manning has had similar failures in situations where HIS team was the favorite. Yesterday we saw the same sort of mismanagement/failure to step up when it matters out of Denver that we saw from the Colts so often. Like I said in the other thread, you can only blame his supporting casts so many times when they just happen to 'let him down' repeatedly and on and entirely different team. 3 to 1 is a huge huge argumentative advantage in this league over a period of 10+ years.

At first glance this looked like an easy question. After some thought the answer isn't that clear and I can't decide.

I'll take Marino because he seemed to be a better pure passer. Manning throws too many wobbly spirals. It's a small thing, but all I can come up with at the moment. Good question.

Manning lost, he is at home...really?.....Manning is pissed he is at home, he threw a pick that cost him and his team home field advantage next week.

Do we really need to go on and on about him?

Peyton is ok in my books.

He is home, watching.

No hating here.

Trying to put my man-love for TB12 aside, this should not have been a debate for some time. The rings argument is more and more valid as time goes on and Manning continues to come up short with high seeded teams. When your team earns a first round bye and hosting the divisional round game, you can draw 3 fair conclusions:

1. You are surrounded by a team and coaching staff who may not be a juggernaut, but are good enough to consistently win ball games in this league. A team that is fully capable of going the distance if things fall into place and especially if your stars shine in the big moments.

2. Your first opponent is a team that finished lower than you in the standings. In some cases, they are not an inferior team but certainly not a team above your level and there is a reason they were playing on wild card weekend.

3. You are playing at home, with 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the game. While your opponent is coming off a playoff battle.

In these situations Manning is 1-4. And he's now pulled off this chokejob with multiple teams.
So you cannot tell me that the 'his teams have been so much inferior to Brady's' argument holds as much water because while it may be true in the case of 2003/2004, Manning has had similar failures in situations where HIS team was the favorite. Yesterday we saw the same sort of mismanagement/failure to step up when it matters out of Denver that we saw from the Colts so often. Like I said in the other thread, you can only blame his supporting casts so many times when they just happen to 'let him down' repeatedly and on and entirely different team. 3 to 1 is a huge huge argumentative advantage in this league over a period of 10+ years.

Spot. On. Can someone please make this post a sticky?

And the "multiple team' point is excellent -- one that many were making before yesterday ... but now that it has a totally different meaning, maybe not so much.

Peyton Manning

Commercial shoot = success
Playoff football = failure

The only difference between Manning and Marino is that the Dolphins' defense never had a postseason in which they put the team on their backs and got their quarterback a ring. Peyton's highest QB rating in a game in the 2006 playoffs was 81.8 in the Superbowl. He had a 15 for 30, 170 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT performance against the Chiefs in which the Colts won 15-6. Yeah, Marino never won those kinds of games.

Peyton Manning is now 9-11 in the post-season

Not sure which network has the Pro Bowl. but they now have heir dream matchup: Peyton Manning vs Aaron Rodgers. The excitement is building.

This makes me think: Wonder how many Pro Bowl record PM holds? :rolleyes:

In all sports, a player can have a great year, a hall of fame year. If you exclude all the other years that player had played. An argument could be made that said player could have been the best.

In sports the longer your tenure the more your average drops.

If Brady retired after 3 superbowls. A case could made that Brady is the goat.

Brady's tenure has not diminished his average. If anything, it helps his case for GOAT.

Listening to phil simms on mike francesa and he is really embarassing himself defending john fox.

Marshall faulk embarassing himself defending manning while a dumbfounded sapp and michael irvin look on. But evryone is just tripping defending him for his 'legacy' .Only warner said that his record now takes him down a notch below montana and bradys of the world.
Irvin was really animated -"Lets get real.If manning wants to throw the ball on 3rd and 7 he can. He tells coaches to stay back when they want to punt so no coach or OC wouldve overruled him.We all love manning but lets get real!

Last edited:
Marshall faulk embarassing himself defending manning while a dumbfounded sapp and michael irvin look on. But evryone is just tripping defending him for his 'legacy' .Only warner said that his record now takes him down a notch below montana and bradys of the world.

I knew the apologists would be out in full force today but Marshall Faulk saying he would take Manning or Favre's numbers over the Super Bowls and that you have to expect some picks because of how they play, WOW. Yes you have to expect picks out of the Marino's, Manning's and Favre's of the world and that's why they aren't winners and guys like Montana and Brady are.

They also bought up saying well Peyton was tired at this point in the season and not up to the cold elements at his age and his point in the season, LMFAO. He was coming of of a bye week and was playing at home. Did the cold affect him? Sure every QB has to contend with that. Welcome to playing outside after all those years in the dome. I'm sure Faulk and the other apologists would give him demerits for the dome so don't give him a pass because it was cold.

I knew the apologists would be out in full force today but Marshall Faulk saying he would take Manning or Favre's numbers over the Super Bowls and that you have to expect some picks because of how they play, WOW. Yes you have to expect picks out of the Marino's, Manning's and Favre's of the world and that's why they aren't winners and guys like Montana and Brady are.

They also bought up saying well Peyton was tired at this point in the season and not up to the cold elements at his age and his point in the season, LMFAO. He was coming of of a bye week and was playing at home. Did the cold affect him? Sure every QB has to contend with that. Welcome to playing outside after all those years in the dome. I'm sure Faulk and the other apologists would give him demerits for the dome so don't give him a pass because it was cold.

I loved when irvin took of his earphone went after marshall even whenthey wanted to move on to the next segement.

Oh, what's that? Manning IS the system? He's his own OC?

What good is a losing system? Maybe he should get a playcaller?

"Warner:Maybe the two kick returns hurt him a little bit made him a bit cold..who knows" :)

I loved when irvin took of his earphone went after marshall even whenthey wanted to move on to the next segement.

I saw that too. He had to take his earpiece out because he was saying how Manning was responsible for the conservative calls in the game and obviously he was going off script and the people upstairs didn't like that.

I saw that too. He had to take his earpiece out because he was saying how Manning was responsible for the conservative calls in the game and obviously he was going off script and the people upstairs didn't like that.

He finishes up, puts his earpiece back in, and barks, "NOW we can move the show."

Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore