PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh....Marvin Austin!

darn. I liked him more than Bowers, especially with the knee.

Marvin Austin has huge character concerns according to ESPN report. Wouldn't have been picked by the Pats anyways.

I don't understand why Houston hasn't been taken yet. Maybe his ratings are inflated. But if he makes it 3 more picks, I really hope we grab him.

He tested positive for Marijuana at the combine. That's why...

I don't understand why Houston hasn't been taken yet. Maybe his ratings are inflated. But if he makes it 3 more picks, I really hope we grab him.

Busted for failing drug test at the combine. That's why. He's likely dropping to round 3/4 now.

I have a structured settlement and I need cash now.

Any ideas?? :confused:

Busted for failing drug test at the combine. That's why. He's likely dropping to round 3/4 now.

If he plays that well on weed, think how good he'll play when he's not smoking?

What he said....

Are you mocking me? :D

But really, it seems like Dowling could have gone as early as 34 now, I apoligizing for questioning you, BB.

I just e-mailed Al out in Oakland and offered him **** Seyless for next year's #1...he took the offer

I watch every Georgia game and Houston just isnt that good. He flashes sometimes, but is invisible more than anything else. He might be an upgrade over TBC, but then again, that could be said about pretty much everybody.

I really like it. I really like the Solder pick, think they fleeced NO, and love the Dowling choice. They've got very solid Patriots style players at solid value positions. They also have adressed the more subtle but very relevant needs. I wasn't high on the OLB class, so I don't have any issues with not going backer. I would have liked to have seen a moveup for Watt but I really can't complain.

I'm looking for a guard and a back coming soon. This is also a nice spot in the draft for an outside receiver.

I'm totally on board with Solder. One thing I would never do is second guess BB/Scarnecchia on their ability to evaluate and develop OL.

Dowling was never on my radar because I thought they would address other positions of need first. I'm having a hard time coming around to this pick.

I'm pissed Philly took Watkins. I think the Pats were expecting/hoping he'd fall to 28.

I just e-mailed Al out in Oakland and offered him **** Seyless for next year's #1...he took the offer

That will work well with the trade I offered him, Oakland's 2012 2nd and 3rd for a buy one get one free entree coupon at CBS Scene.

I have a structured settlement and I need cash now.

Any ideas?? :confused:

"Call JG Wentworth -- he'll take your retirement nest egg off your hands now for just 17% of what it will ultimately be worth!"

I'm totally on board with Solder. One thing I would never do is second guess BB/Scarnecchia on their ability to evaluate and develop OL.

Dowling was never on my radar because I thought they would address other positions of need first. I'm having a hard time coming around to this pick.

I'm pissed Philly took Watkins. I think the Pats were expecting/hoping he'd fall to 28.

My friend in Philly is pissed we took Dowling so I guess we're even.

It's interesting watching this draft. Both times the Patriots have made their selections there's been a run on those positional players taken.

Take that for self and opposition scouting for what you will.

We need another CB so we can rush the passer. Remember we had Arrington rushing the passer last year! Thats how bad the Pats pass rush is. We had to have a CB rush the passer. Cant have enough CB's
You do realize that if you cover better, you rush better right?
You do realize that if you have a good secondary you are able to blitz to create pressure, right?

Rodney Hudson ... switch him to center ... possible this round?

Ok, Almost on the clock. Waiting for the Pats to not Pick an OLB/DE and for the board to go nuts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back