PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dowlings injury history is getting a little over blown. He was hurt last year but other than that he stayed about as healthy as your average player. Banged up here and there, but c'mon.

Apparently you might be right, the peeps in Virginia think he was dogging it.....

Yet, it has been something of a mysterious injury. He has been able to practice for extended stretches, and has reportedly even moved around well on the practice field at times. Then, on game days, he has tested the knee prior to games on several occasions and opted not to play. What's the deal?

"You're dealing with your own body and how you feel, and you're playing a skilled position where you rely on backpedaling and turning and he's a veteran player," London said "I rely and defer to ‘how are you feeling today?’ ‘I'm feeling pretty good today.’ The next day it could be a little stiff, a little sore. Game day it could be ‘went out there, tried it. Just didn't feel right.’

The Ras-I Dowling injury saga - ACC All Access - dailypress.com

Last edited:
Yeah, and injuries "held back" Professor Stephen Hawking.

After years of having to merge "So and So is Made of Glass" threads ad nauseum, we finally draft a human being who IS actually made of glass. Whodathunkit?

Yet Hawking has had a long and productive career.
Go figure

Ijalana just went to the Colts. Really like him as a guard. Would've been a good pick for the Pats...

Ouch, Colts grabbed a possible Pats OL prospect in Ijalana. I guess this is to get us back for nabbing Solder. :) Peyton Manning is thrilled with this draft so far, I'm sure.

Last edited:
For a few glorious days every year, half of Patsfans.com becomes Ron Borges.

(see the sig below - which I first put up in the midst of the whining about McCourty)

Last edited:
Two great character guys in Solder and Dowling, both are great additions and both will contribute quickly for this team.

Two more team captains, naturally. It worked out for them last year.

Yeah, and injuries "held back" Professor Stephen Hawking.

After years of having to merge "So and So is Made of Glass" threads ad nauseum, we finally draft a human being who IS actually made of glass. Whodathunkit?

Thanks for the laugh shmessy..................

With the lockout, most teams cannot expect these rookies to make a big impact in year one, no matter who or where they were drafted. Take the guys with the highest upside for future years, and I think that is what the patriots have done.

Well in retrospect I do like the Dowling pick better than the other CBs taken in this round so far. Gilchrist in round 2? That's a bit of a reach. Aaron Williams has good size but lacks the speed that Dowling has.

Last edited:
OK...with 4 FS/CB tweeners taken from 33-50, anybody still on the "Dowling would have been there at 60!" bandwagon?

OK...with 4 FS/CB tweeners taken from 33-50, anybody still on the "Dowling would have been there at 60!" bandwagon?

Hah!!
jester.gif

Belichick is pretty epic at starting runs.

Ouch, Colts grabbed a possible Pats OL prospect in Ijalana. I guess this is to get us back for nabbing Solder. :) Peyton Manning is thrilled with this draft so far, I'm sure.

Ijalana had huge negative reviews in interviews. Horrible attitude.

Bye Bye Bowers!

Justin Houston or Sam Acho?

Ijalana had huge negative reviews in interviews. Horrible attitude.

Perfect! As of now I hate that guy. Bad attitude AND on the colts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST