PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The MNF Thread - Colts @ Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best defense in NFL history? Are you kidding me?

Oh yea, and the Patriots have given up LESS rush yards a game than the Jags. (and thats including the 179yds Miami put up in garbage time)

Keep reaching.

JAX held DEN, HOU, and KC to under 100 yds rushing.

They had a bad game against the Titans, who are a good running team (the Colts beat them BTW), and a bad performance to the Colts.

Unlike the Titans, the Colts gained yardage on the air AND ground.

How is NE going to stop the Colts' running AND passing games?

How are you going to score 40 pts. against a defense that is NOT one of the worst in the league?

You do realize that in a lot of these games, we had put up 30+ points early in the 3rd quarter. In most of those games we could easily had put up another 20+ points had Brady not taken the 4th quarter off and we just ran out the clock.

KEEEEEEP reaching.

I see the insults are second nature to the Pasty fans. You stay classy Bawstun.

Last I checked, you were the one coming onto an opposing team's messageboard referring to a player's strained groin as a "strained clit" and throwing around the word Nazi like it means nothing. Epitome of class. It's rather pathetic that you come here and have to act like an ass.

I'm not saying that JAC doesn't have a good run defense. You called them one of the best overall defenses in the history of the NFL. They aren't even a top 5 overall defense this year. But guess what, the Patriots are. And they're coming for you.

Last edited:
Indianapolis could have been had tonight. Just as Jacksonville figured it out, they lost their quarterback. You don't beat the Colts by running wide, you beat them by pounding the hell out of them and putting a hat on Sanders.

Last I checked, you were the one coming onto an opposing team's messageboard referring to a player's strained groin as a "strained clit" and throwing around the word Nazi like it means nothing. Epitome of class. It's rather pathetic that you come here and have to act like an ass.

I guess you are not familiar with the term "hyperbole."

It certainly is no worse than what I see over at the IndyStar Colts forum by "classy" Patriots fans.

And I also can't stand the misinformation and insults directed at the Colts on this forum.

I had ryan confused with he ban me who I was debating with the other day.
I jus looked it up. Sorry Ryan.
Whatever dude. Although, I can see how "RyantheColtsfan" is similar to "HeBanMe". Your own people called you out, no you scramble.

Uh, the Colts were up 17-0 at halftime with Garrard in as starter. And if I recall correctly, Cleo lemon is the Dolphins' backup QB.

The Jags backup QB threw the pick that led to I believe 7 of those 17 points.

Last edited:
The Colts defense has led a charmed life this season:

Houston without Andre Johnson, Ahman Green, Ron Dayne
Denver without Javon Walker
Tampa Bay without Cadillac Williams, Michael Pittman, Luke Petitgout
Jacksonville now without David Garrard
You're a jerk, Tippett. And it is only a matter of time beofre your cohorts start calling you out.

Houston hung 29 on the Titans in the fourth, sans Schaub, Johnson, and the like. Putting all your eggs in Ahmans basket is suicide to begin with.
The Donks just beat the team that professed to be your equal, totally dismissing the Colts. How'd they do that without Javon? How'd we amke them look so bad??
We can't help that Gerrard got injured, but honestly, that's probably the best thing that could have happened in the short term. tht pass game was going nowhere. it wasn't until they were forced to run that they were effective at all. Two weeks ago, you said Tampa would finally present a challenge. This week you comitted to the Jags. what about the Panthers? No good? 4-2 doesn't count? The 0-7 Fins are better? What will you say abouth the Pats? Competition not good enough? Troll.

The Jags run the ball well, which the Patriots don't.

Sanders won't be in the box against NE. He will be laying out Randy Moss.

The Patriots have the NFL's seventh ranked rushing attack. That ranking comes with Maroney missing three games and Morris missing 1 1/2. Maroney's back now by the way.

The Jags backup QB threw the pick that led to I believe 7 of those 17 points.

Wrong again.

The defense scored only 2 of the team's 29 points.

The Colts put up 384 yards of offense on a team giving up only 264 pg.

The Patriots have the NFL's seventh ranked rushing attack. That ranking comes with Maroney missing three games and Morris missing 1 1/2. Maroney's back now by the way.

And Addai missed a game due to injury and his backup, Kenton Keith, ran for 121 yds and 2 TDs.

You're a jerk, Tippett. And it is only a matter of time beofre your cohorts start calling you out.

Houston hung 29 on the Titans in the fourth, sans Schaub, Johnson, and the like. Putting all your eggs in Ahmans basket is suicide to begin with.
The Donks just beat the team that professed to be your equal, totally dismissing the Colts. How'd they do that without Javon? How'd we amke them look so bad??
We can't help that Gerrard got injured, but honestly, that's probably the best thing that could have happened in the short term. tht pass game was going nowhere. it wasn't until they were forced to run that they were effective at all. Two weeks ago, you said Tampa would finally present a challenge. This week you comitted to the Jags. what about the Panthers? No good? 4-2 doesn't count? The 0-7 Fins are better? What will you say abouth the Pats? Competition not good enough? Troll.

Hey now, we did beat a 5-0 team recently. And of course we don't like the Colts we're still bitter and subjective about last year. Truth is the Super Bowl is in two weeks.

Hey now, we did beat a 5-0 team recently. And of course we don't like the Colts we're still bitter and subjective about last year. Truth is the Super Bowl is in two weeks.

Should be a good game. I am not naive enough to think the Colts will definitely win but like Pats fans like to say: "The regular season doesn't matter."

I heard that one a lot last season.

Ok, And with Maroney out, Morris had 2 consecutive 100+ yd games. Might I add he had only had 1 100+yd rushing game in his career prior to this season.

Keep reaching.

Ok, And with Maroney out, Morris had 2 consecutive 100+ yd games. Might I add he had only had 1 100+yd rushing game in his career prior to this season.

Keep reaching.

And Kenton Keith is a rookie who played in the CFL last season!

Should be a good game. I am not naive enough to think the Colts will definitely win but like Pats fans like to say: "The regular season doesn't matter."

I heard that one a lot last season.

Actually, we go "one game at a time" per Bruschi and the Homeland Defense.

Yup, they are seventh in rushing ypg, but did you notice they are 3rd in total rushing yards with 934? Only the Steelers, and Vikings have more rushing yards.

That doesn't really matter though. Many teams haven't played 7 games yet. YPG is a FAR better statistic to use.

But I take the 7th place stat with a grain of salt. Maroney has been out 4 weeks and Morris has been out for 1 1/2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes