PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The MNF Thread - Colts @ Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that you haven't read the idiotic comments from the Hoosier moron about the Patriots rushing attack.

I'm at the point where I just want the game to be played and yap later. This may change tommorow, but for now, too tired of it.

At least we have the Red Sox & Boston College games to keep us entertained until the hype starts next week. I'm not even psyched for the hype...it'll be over-done 1000 times over.

LET'S PLAY THE GAME!:cool:

They all have enough money to travel to th game, and forgot their I-Phones??

Indystar, IMO, is the primary board, and it is apparently down for the count. Not sure if these things pull in any ad dollars, but I must say the consistency of this board is refreshing.

BTW, Indy and surrounding area has about 1.2 mil, how many reside in "New England"?

14.2 "million" (hey look, awkward use of quotation marks!)

Last edited:

Indystar, IMO, is the primary board, and it is apparently down for the count. Not sure if these things pull in any ad dollars, but I must say the consistency of this board is refreshing.

BTW, Indy and surrounding area has about 1.2 mil, how many reside in "New England"?

Good point...but shouldn't we be looking at the population of the entire state of Indiana?

Don't tell me some areas have Browns or Bengals fans...you still gotta include the entire state since we have 1/2 a zillion Giants fans in New England too.

Last edited:
Good point...but shouldn't we be looking at the population of the entire state of Indiana?

Don't tell me some areas have Browns or Bengals fans...you still gotta include the entire state since we have 1/2 a zillion Giants fans in New England too.
Not sure what the population of the state is, but MY GUESS is that the ******* STATE of MASSACHUSETTS has more folks than Indiana, let alone, the entire NE area. Remember, I have corn in my backyard, and I am 5 minutes from the Dome:rolleyes:

:confused: WTF is your problem. How many reside there? in whatever area is considered "New England"?

Indiana - 6.3 million
New England - 14.1
Massachusetts 6.1

Last edited:
Not sure what the population of the state is, but MY GUESS is that the ******* STATE of MASSACHUSETTS has more folks than Indiana, let alone, the entire NE area. Remember, I have corn in my backyard, and I am 5 minutes from the Dome:rolleyes:

You were wrong HBM. Indiana has 200k more people than Massachusetts

...and what's up with the ****STATE of MASSACHUSETTS stuff?:cool:

Indiana - 6.3 million
New England - 14.1
Massachusetts 6.1
C?
Plus, wouldn't you expect FEWER Colts posters-as they are watching the game without distraction, while a
partisan such as yourself, might be willing to post DURING the game??

The official 2005 population estimates:
Mass: 6,398,743 million
Indiana: 6,271,973 million

edit:
2006 estimates:
Mass: 6,437,193
Indiana: 6,313,520

Last edited:
The official 2005 population estimates:
Mass: 6,398,743 million
Indiana: 6,271,973 million

edit:
2006 estimates:
Mass: 6,437,193
Indiana: 6,313,520

You're right...and I just checked the same source I was using (US Census Bureau) and it confirmed your numbers. I must have copied in the wrong state.:cool:

I still think HBM was assuming Mass had a lot more people than Indiana. He doesn't realize that 80% of our population lives near Boston or east of Worcester, MA

P.S. Has anyone heard anything on Seymour's return?

Last edited:
If Brady stands in the pocket like he did against the Jets and Dolphins i will eat crow and sport the pats logo in my avatar. :rolleyes:

Great. Here you go:
bradycover1016sz5.jpg

Hey Colts fans...I'd bet a nice dinner that Patsfans.com has more posts than ANY colts fan board on their own MNF game. I just visited one and it had 31 posts.

Whattaya say Blue boys, HBM and the rest...did any of your boards have 500 posts for the Colts-Jags game?

....that's what I thought you'd say:rolleyes:

HBM...I just realized you pointing out the population difference still doesn't explain how Patsfans.com can have more posts on your gameday thread last night. Yes, we may have 8 million more people in New England, but WE'RE NOT COLTS FANS!

HBM...I just realized you pointing out the population difference still doesn't explain how Patsfans.com can have more posts on your gameday thread last night. Yes, we may have 8 million more people in New England, but WE'RE NOT COLTS FANS!
I guess I don't understand the question?

It appears as though you are wondering why THIS site has more posts in the "gameday thread" than a colts site, with a similar "gameday thread"?

Are you talking about total posts? Are you talking about Colts fans posts on Pats board versus their own board??

1.) Indystar appears to be the most heavily used MB for Coltsfans. I think it was down for quite some time last night.
2.) I generally DO NOT POST during game time, as I am watching the game. I assume that this is the case for most fans around the nfl.
3.) It is logical to me that fans from a rival team would congregate on their board to discuss how their #1 competition looks. I mean, I doubt too many Seahawk fans were flooding their MBs with comments on the game.
4.) The sheer population in the NE area dictates that at any one time, THIS board is going to see more traffic than the indy Star board. Generally, there are 150-250 folks on the Colts Board at any time. Here, that number seems to be tripled+.

Just thought I would check the Scoreability index of the teams the Indy Defense has dominated/beaten against those teams the Pats have defeated:

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_986_2007_Scoreability_Index.html

Indy v Position

Texans 9
Titans 12
Buccs 24
Jaguars 27
Saints 28
Denver 29

Pats v Position

Cowboys 2
Browns 4
Bengals 7
Chargers 11
Jets 13
Dolphins 14
Bills 20

not that it proves anything but as CHFF says this index is a stronger indicator of success that the Bendability (defense) one. From first look it would appear that the Colts D isnt really being challenged at all, which may give rise to the illusion that they are a stronger defense than last year.

Indytar went down last night, and i was actually keeping track of the game threads at both sites, Indystars thread consistently had 20-30 more posts in the thread while Patsfans.com had about 200 more users logged on during the game.

If the board would not have went down the thread would have continued growing, but kinda ironic how Pats fans make a comparable number of posts about the Colts game thread than the Colts own main site did and the Colts fans are the ones "obesessed"

Last edited:
:confused: WTF is your problem. How many reside there? in whatever area is considered "New England"?

Is there a coloring book or something that would make 14.2 million easier to understand?

Indytar went down last night, and i was actually keeping track of the game threads at both sites, Indystars thread consistently had 20-30 more posts in the thread while Patsfans.com had about 200 more users logged on during the game.

If the board would not have went down the thread would have continued growing, but kinda ironic how Pats fans make a comparable number of posts about the Colts game thread than the Colts own main site did and the Colts fans are the ones "obesessed"

That is because NE fans do so out of conscious choice, while Colt fans are helplessly compelled to do so due to their inadequacies.

Seems pretty clear to me. :cool3:

Watching and commenting on the game of a chief rival two weeks before the Patriots play them isn't obsession. On the other hand, going to that rival's forums and injecting every thread with comments about your own team IS obsession, as well as just plain poor behavior.

Watching and commenting on the game of a chief rival two weeks before the Patriots play them isn't obsession. On the other hand, going to that rival's forums and injecting every thread with comments about your own team IS obsession, as well as just plain poor behavior.
Colts fans (or better phrased trolls) just don't understand.

I guess I don't understand the question?

It appears as though you are wondering why THIS site has more posts in the "gameday thread" than a colts site, with a similar "gameday thread"?

Are you talking about total posts? Are you talking about Colts fans posts on Pats board versus their own board??

1.) Indystar appears to be the most heavily used MB for Coltsfans. I think it was down for quite some time last night.
2.) I generally DO NOT POST during game time, as I am watching the game. I assume that this is the case for most fans around the nfl.
3.) It is logical to me that fans from a rival team would congregate on their board to discuss how their #1 competition looks. I mean, I doubt too many Seahawk fans were flooding their MBs with comments on the game.
4.) The sheer population in the NE area dictates that at any one time, THIS board is going to see more traffic than the indy Star board. Generally, there are 150-250 folks on the Colts Board at any time. Here, that number seems to be tripled+.

I wasnt trying to make THAT big a deal out of this.

My point is, take a look at any Indy board and see if any Patriots game-day threads even exist. That's my point. I'm comparing the 2 fan bases on general football interest outside or our areas...like the great state of Indiana.

I sneak into a couple of your boards and it "looked" like your fans were more interested in what PATRIOTS fans on this board had to say about YOUR game...that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes