PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tannehill hurt at practice:

I remember last year or this off season they were saying that he would just play with a partial tear...I thought to myself..that's pretty risky..and now we are seeing this...

Somewhere someone said (IIRC a doctor) 9 times out of a 10 a partial tear will need surgery sooner or later for stability reasons..so if he doesn't get surgery this season..it will happen in the future at some point most likely.

With Brady still in the division..why not fix it and get him 100%?
Yup.

Dangerous trend of a starter QB going down in TC every year.

Dont sleep on Luck too, I think if he plays and is not comfortable they are gonna IR him

Yeah there is something seriously wrong there.

I'm thinking career threatening.

Listen, I keep hearing this crap over and over and over. It's complete hogwash! The only reason we struggled against Baltimore was because of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. They could handle all the scheming we did. Now that they're gone they're not a team for us to fear. We may have a hard game against them, but that's normal par for course for any team we play. 2014 playoffs happens, it's not the norm when we play them now. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are gone. They were the reason we struggled!

Personally I do not want to play divisional opponents in the playoffs. Divisional opponents are always dicey since they know you so well despite the rest league saying the AFC East sucks.
Remember being down 14 to this team twice in 2014/5 playoffs? I think Ray and Ed had retired.

On a related note, Kaerpernick's girlfriend seems to be trying to keep him from getting an NFL job.

Colin Kaepernick’s reported girlfriend tweeted out pictures Wednesday that appear to compare Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and Ray Lewis to a slave owner and slave.

Nessa Diab is a New York City radio DJ and regular on MTV’s Girl Code.

The picture she tweeted shows Lewis with his arms around Bisciotti, along with a picture of Samuel L. Jackson with his arms around Leonardo Dicaprio from the movie “Django Unchained,” in which Dicaprio was a slave owner and Jackson was his house slave.

Kaepernick's GF Appears To Compare Bisciotti, Lewis To Slave Owner, Slave

Given the baggage this guy was already carrying, this was, quite possibly, the girlfriend costing the boyfriend millions.

Optimism seems to be in short supply regarding the injured knee of quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

According to Adam Schefter and Jeff Darlington of ESPN.com, the Dolphins believe that Tannehill will need season-ending surgery to repair his knee, which was injured during practice on Thursday.

MRI results have been inconclusive and additional opinions are still being sought before determining a course of action.

Report: Dolphins fear season-ending surgery needed For Ryan Tannehill

Remember being down 14 to this team twice in 2014/5 playoffs? I think Ray and Ed had retired.

Yes I do, it's addressed in the post you just quoted...;)

black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

Im sure it has already been said but a partially torn or any tear in an ACL wont heal without surgery.

Why don't these ligaments heal on their own?

This is confusing, first he doesnt need it but now he does? Sucks for Fins fans and for football in general if he is done for the year.

I would like to know this as well.

I really have no idea...just know I have been told this three times by different ortho docs...Ive had a lot of knee injuries...including ACL tears, complete ruptures and now I dont have one at all...just plastic and metal.

Matt Moore can definitely guide them to 8 or 9 wins but I'd be surprised if they exceeded that. The Jets will be putrid and Buffalo will experience growing pains in the post-Rex era. AFCE seems to be fairly non-threatening in 2017 (though with this Pats roster, that was probably a given regardless.)

Even with Tannehill, Miami is really not much of a contender. They won something like eight consecutive close games last year to end the season (key sign of regression the following year), lost to nearly every team with a winning record, and were out scored in point differential over the whole season. They are essentially the exact same team the last 3-4 years, a team that should win 7-8 games. Vegas has them at around 7 wins this year - and well below 50% to make the playoffs - even before this injury. Tannehill is easily the most overhyped QB in the league; he had 19 TDs and 12 INTs last year despite great play all around him, a very solid run game and above average to elite skill players. The guy needs everything to go perfect, along with a weak schedule, and he is still pretty average. The Dolphins team and media does everything imaginable to sell his "development" to the fans, but he is really the same guy as always - maybe slightly above average, incapable of carrying a team over a season in any way. It's a tough situation for the Phins...so you keep a guy like this or cut bait? Similar to players like Dalton and Flacco.

That said, Tannehill is still better than Matt Moore. When factoring only actual skills, I would probably take Kaepernick over Tannehill because he is at least capable of playing at a pretty high level (just not consistently due to his accuracy.) Cutler? Who the heck knows. He consistently disappoints wherever he goes, despite the obvious physical talent.

Schefter/Darlington:

The Miami Dolphins now fear quarterback Ryan Tannehill will need season-ending knee surgery, however no decision to have it has been made at this time, according to sources close to the situation.

As second and third opinions await, Tannehill still could decide to rest it for six to eight weeks and try to come back from his knee injury again, sources said.

But the Dolphins are growing increasingly concerned that surgery will be the most viable and likely option as they and their starting quarterback sift through them.

"He's done, I think," one source predicted Thursday night, referring to Tannehill's hopes of returning this season.

Sources: Fear now Tannehill will need surgery

Why don't these ligaments heal on their own?
Depends on how bad the tear is. if something's legit torn loose, it may need to be repaired surgically or it will heal wrong and permanently limit mobility. Also, even with injuries that are not technically requiring surgery, surgery could help them heal faster.

Lol if it happens, lets just say our Defense will be playing A LOT of Offense;)

Jay Cutler - Unsigned Free Agent - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports "retired" QB Jay Cutler would be willing to play for ex-coach Adam Gase and the Dolphins.

Darlington reports Cutler would be willing to reunite with Gase — who momentarily revived Cutler's career in 2015 — if he "gets the chance to be the full-time starter (and get starter money) for the entire season." That would require a season-ending Ryan Tannehill (knee) injury. Cutler is still only 34. He could be managed and manipulated by Gase, and is probably still better than Matt Moore.
tumblr_ophnkmvCMe1rge9rdo1_500.gif

The initial report last year was he had a complete tear, not partial. Which led to speculation whether he could play in playoffs or not. I agree the decision for conservative treatment might have been a poor one.

Chao nailed it again. And yet you will find people here that call him a quack because a) "he diagnoses via video" and b) because of his legal troubles in the past. I agree that you don't want him to be your doctor but at the same time it's idiotic to dismiss all his experience and great track record in giving a quick projected diagnosis because of those things.

Last edited:
We'll all laugh at the idea of Cutler as a replacement, but when he last played in Gase's offense in '15, he racked up a 21-11 TD/INT ratio, throwing for 3700 yds. He would seem to at least be a serviceable option.

I really wouldn't see him as all that different than Tannehill, to be perfectly honest. I think they're both mediocre, but I also think that either one would have the capacity to steal one of the two matchups, should they get a full team effort.

To bottom line it--I just don't think Tannehill is that much better than Cutler, I guess, at least talent-wise. Obviously, Tannehill's familiarity with the offense would pose more of a challenge, but if MIA ends up needing a new QB, Cutler's probably their best bet.

Edited for accuracy

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News