PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tannehill hurt at practice:

Eventually SOMEBODY will NEED to sign Kaepernick

But it won't be a Miami team.....not after wearing this shirt....
colin-kaepernick-castro-t-shirt-807x452.jpg

( image of Fidel)....
Yes, but the comedy potential as he explained to Cuban exiles how Castro is a great guy would be great. :)

team officials still realize it might be the best long-term solution to have Tannehill undergo a procedure that would fully repair the partially torn ligaments. Such a scenario likely would end his season, and team sources say that scenario remains on the table.

Lol if it happens, lets just say our Defense will be playing A LOT of Offense;)

Jay Cutler - Unsigned Free Agent - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports "retired" QB Jay Cutler would be willing to play for ex-coach Adam Gase and the Dolphins.

Darlington reports Cutler would be willing to reunite with Gase — who momentarily revived Cutler's career in 2015 — if he "gets the chance to be the full-time starter (and get starter money) for the entire season." That would require a season-ending Ryan Tannehill (knee) injury. Cutler is still only 34. He could be managed and manipulated by Gase, and is probably still better than Matt Moore.

Matt Moore can definitely guide them to 8 or 9 wins but I'd be surprised if they exceeded that. The Jets will be putrid and Buffalo will experience growing pains in the post-Rex era. AFCE seems to be fairly non-threatening in 2017 (though with this Pats roster, that was probably a given regardless.)

If it was only a hyperextended knee than I don't know from where Chao is getting this unstable knee information.

Anyone can hyperextend running at full speed and making a break.

Start Moore, jettison Tannehill for a packet of chips, draft your future Quarterback. That's what I'd be doing down Miami way.

Hate to see players et injured.

Listening to Schefter it doesn't sound good.

Emotionally I'm with you. Strategically, I want every team in the division to win all of their out of division games, and to win all of their away division games except at Gillette. That will help us with the home field advantage competition across the conference, and keep the division teams from getting in the top ten in the draft.
Smaht.

Matt Moore can definitely guide them to 8 or 9 wins but I'd be surprised if they exceeded that. The Jets will be putrid and Buffalo will experience growing pains in the post-Rex era. AFCE seems to be fairly non-threatening in 2017 (though with this Pats roster, that was probably a given regardless.)
If no Tannehill...

7-9 for the Fins (9-7 with him)

5-11 for the Bills.

2-14 for the Jets.

IMO predictions.

The schadenfreude in this thread makes me nervous....

I remember last year or this off season they were saying that he would just play with a partial tear...I thought to myself..that's pretty risky..and now we are seeing this...

Somewhere someone said (IIRC a doctor) 9 times out of a 10 a partial tear will need surgery sooner or later for stability reasons..so if he doesn't get surgery this season..it will happen in the future at some point most likely.

With Brady still in the division..why not fix it and get him 100%?

Last edited:
Im sure it has already been said but a partially torn or any tear in an ACL wont heal without surgery.

Schefter is saying he will need surgery. Season ending.

I wonder if they're holding off on any official announcement until they have a better idea as to who will replace him?

In other words, they'll lose a fair amount of negotiating power with a guy like Jay Cutler (who has supposedly already made it known that he wishes to be paid like a starting QB, should he return) if the whole world knows how desperate they are.

Of course, I could be reading too much into it, just the same.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back