PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tannehill hurt at practice:

Chao nailed it again. And yet you will find people here that call him a quack because a) "he diagnoses via video" and b) because of his legal troubles in the past. I agree that you don't want him to be your doctor but at the same time it's idiotic to dismiss all his experience and great track record in giving a quick projected diagnosis because of those things.

Yes, he did. Right from the beginning he pointed out the real problem, which is that the knee/ACL are unstable. So regardless of the MRI, that is going to be a serious problem that can only be corrected with surgery. My guess is that the MRI revealed minor damage to the ACL, but they were unable to tell if the damage had increased from before or not, so the story became that the ACL wasn't torn to shreds or significantly more damaged than before. The actual words were something along the lines of: his knee is structurally the same now as it was this morning. That seemed like he was out of the woods, but when you think about the whole situation, it makes sense now.

I didn't hear Tannehill say a word while Brady was being framed and his reputation being blowtorched for something that was never done, so I don't see why I should care in the slightest that he reinjured his knee (by stupidly not undergoing a procedure he should have done). I do recall seeing, literally, dozens upon dozens of posts on Dolphins message boards openly rooting for a Brady knee injury. Tannehill has done absolutely nothing to make me respect him; he is a coddled athlete who can't handle when he doesn't get what he wants, throws everyone around him under the bus, and he openly ridicules practice squad players. Frankly, Tannehill can rot in hell for all I care, along with the other 31 teams in the NFL. He probably saved himself from another highly disappointing season where he proves how incapable he is of being a high-level, consistent quarterback.

I don't know about or have forgotten any negative Tannehill stuff. Fans say stupid things on a forum and so do I at times. But anyone wishing for injury on a player is just idiotic. Obviously you don't have to care about him and in reality I don't really care either because he's all set, or should be, whether he plays again or not.

But from a football perspective I like the Patriots beating opponents at full strength.

Anyways I don't mind having fun or joking around at another team's expense but in reality I don't hate anyone or any fanbase etc.. I do not like Roger Goodell at all and is probably the one football related guy I would not shed one tear for if he died tomorrow and in fact I would probably smile. His actions regarding CTE and Domestic Violence have been despicable and damaging.

I don't know about or have forgotten any negative Tannehill stuff. Fans say stupid things on a forum and so do I at times. But anyone wishing for injury on a player is just idiotic. Obviously you don't have to care about him and in reality I don't really care either because he's all set, or should be, whether he plays again or not.

But from a football perspective I like the Patriots beating opponents at full strength.

Anyways I don't mind having fun or joking around at another team's expense but in reality I don't hate anyone or any fanbase etc.. I do not like Roger Goodell at all and is probably the one football related guy I would not shed one tear for if he died tomorrow and in fact I would probably smile. His actions regarding CTE and Domestic Violence have been despicable and damaging.

Everyone is entitled their own opinion. I'm personally not wishing an injury on Tannehill or anyone (not that it actually matters because our thoughts make no difference.) I just don't really care and don't feel empathy. I feel empathy and compassion for many people in this world, but this is just not one of them.

In terms of wanting to play opponents at full strength, well, I don't hear Giants fans being any less obnoxious about beating us when Gronkowski when playing on one leg. There are so many people out there openly rooting for the Patriots to get injuries, and many were celebrating when Bernard Pollard shredded Brady's knee. As I said, whether I want the other team to be full strength or not doesn't make a difference. I sure won't think any less of a Patriots victory against teams missing key players, though. That's football...we've dealt with tons of injuries over the years as well. And in this case, Tannehill made his own risky decision, and that has its consequences.

So, I'm not going to fist pump and crack open a bottle of champagne when a guy like Tannehill gets injured. I just view it as "that's life." Had this been a player who, for whatever reason, I'd liked and respected, then I'm sure it would be different. As of now, though, I didn't see a single ounce of care from the entire Dolphins organization or fan base when the entire New England fan base and team was being wrongly accused of deflating balls. "The 31" is what I remember being unanimously arrogant, stupid, petty, jealous, and nasty towards us. So again, I really don't give a damn about Ryan Tannehill or that organization. The only team I would feel any pity for is the Saints, since Brees and Payton actually supported us.

I didn't hear Tannehill say a word while Brady was being framed and his reputation being blowtorched for something that was never done, so I don't see why I should care in the slightest that he reinjured his knee (by stupidly not undergoing a procedure he should have done). I do recall seeing, literally, dozens upon dozens of posts on Dolphins message boards openly rooting for a Brady knee injury. Tannehill has done absolutely nothing to make me respect him; he is a coddled athlete who can't handle when he doesn't get what he wants, throws everyone around him under the bus, and he openly ridicules practice squad players. Frankly, Tannehill can rot in hell for all I care, along with the other 31 teams in the NFL. He probably saved himself from another highly disappointing season where he proves how incapable he is of being a high-level, consistent quarterback.

172.gif

Everyone is entitled their own opinion. I'm personally not wishing an injury on Tannehill or anyone (not that it actually matters because our thoughts make no difference.) I just don't really care and don't feel empathy. I feel empathy and compassion for many people in this world, but this is just not one of them.

In terms of wanting to play opponents at full strength, well, I don't hear Giants fans being any less obnoxious about beating us when Gronkowski when playing on one leg. There are so many people out there openly rooting for the Patriots to get injuries, and many were celebrating when Bernard Pollard shredded Brady's knee. As I said, whether I want the other team to be full strength or not doesn't make a difference. I sure won't think any less of a Patriots victory against teams missing key players, though. That's football...we've dealt with tons of injuries over the years as well. And in this case, Tannehill made his own risky decision, and that has its consequences.

So, I'm not going to fist pump and crack open a bottle of champagne when a guy like Tannehill gets injured. I just view it as "that's life." Had this been a player who, for whatever reason, I'd liked and respected, then I'm sure it would be different. As of now, though, I didn't see a single ounce of care from the entire Dolphins organization or fan base when the entire New England fan base and team was being wrongly accused of deflating balls. "The 31" is what I remember being unanimously arrogant, stupid, petty, jealous, and nasty towards us. So again, I really don't give a damn about Ryan Tannehill or that organization. The only team I would feel any pity for is the Saints, since Brees and Payton actually supported us.

Your posts on this subject are getting more stupid. Quit while you're already way behind.

I would say I might take RT over JC, even though both aren't good IMO. Cutler may have a "big arm" but that only helps when you don't throw into double triple coverage after your first read.

RT doesn't seem as full of himself. Cutler is the prototype for the "I think I'm better than I really am" NFL player.
No doubt. Just pointing out that Tannehill doesn't exactly have a stellar track record, either.

In 5 seasons, he's never won more than 8 games in any given year, and in 3/5 years, he had a completion percentage of 61.9% or lower.

Jesus did this guy f@ck your wife or something? "Rot in hell" ...I don't even feel that strongly about my ex-wife and I am still giving her money.

I do not like Roger Goodell at all and is probably the one football related guy I would not shed one tear for if he died tomorrow and in fact I would probably smile. His actions regarding CTE and Domestic Violence have been despicable and damaging.

You must never forget Goodell is just the puppet. Instead of saying his, you should say the corrupt 32 owners actions. Remember when Kraft said Roger was doing a good job? The owners keep getting a pass, it's disappointing. They are the real problem. They are the ones trying to downplay/cover up CTE and domestic violence.

Jesus did this guy f@ck your wife or something? "Rot in hell" ...I don't even feel that strongly about my ex-wife and I am still giving her money.

Ever since May 2015, I have an admittedly huge hatred towards the other 31. I am not saying it's rational or that everyone deserves it. But it's there. I can't help but smirk - or at the least be indifferent - to any type of adversity to other teams. Maybe I'm a bad person, who knows. Oh well.

Ever since May 2015, I have an admittedly huge hatred towards the other 31. I am not saying it's rational or that everyone deserves it. But it's there. I can't help but smirk - or at the least be indifferent - to any type of adversity to other teams. Maybe I'm a bad person, who knows. Oh well.
Totally rational. I feel the same way, save for the Saints. Fk the rest of them forever.

These Ryan Tannehill quotes are embarrassing

Also, when Brent Grimes left, he implied that Tannehill was a piece of work who the entire organization bowed down to and made excuses for.

You must never forget Goodell is just the puppet. Instead of saying his, you should say the corrupt 32 owners actions. Remember when Kraft said Roger was doing a good job? The owners keep getting a pass, it's disappointing. They are the real problem. They are the ones trying to downplay/cover up CTE and domestic violence.

I agree but Roger is a willing puppet. But yes it's the 32 but I think in reality it's probably just 5 or 10 of them that sail the ship.

I agree but Roger is a willing puppet. But yes it's the 32 but I think in reality it's probably just 5 or 10 of them that sail the ship.

Maybe, I don't agree but neither of us really know, so who knows. But as far as I'm concerned, you join this corrupt ring, you're fully culpable in my eyes. And Bob Kraft most certainly is one of them with the way he publicly supported Goodell. I'm gonna throw up when people cheer him when he walks out with the lombardi on opening night. Disgusting!

I do agree Roger and the NYJFL* are culpable as well. I think the entire NYJFL* office are culpable seeing how far down the chain the immorality reaches from how framegate really started with that low-level NYJFL* employee stealing balls meant for charity.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I didn't hear Tannehill say a word while Brady was being framed and his reputation being blowtorched for something that was never done, so I don't see why I should care in the slightest that he reinjured his knee
"He who has not kissed the ring deserves scorn and eternal damnation."

I can imagine once you've decided you're retired from a rigorous job like that, it's probably hard to un-retire, especially when you've made a ton of money already and have a new cushy money-making opportunity all lined up. I guess the only exception is someone who just really loves playing football like a Favre, but we all know Cutler is definitely not that kind of guy.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back