PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tannehill hurt at practice:

We'll all laugh at the idea of Cutler as a replacement, but when he last played in Gase's offense in '15, he racked up a 28-11 TD/INT ratio, throwing for 3700 yds.

I really wouldn't see him as all that different than Tannehill, to be perfectly honest. I think they're both mediocre, but I also think that either one would have the capacity to steal one of the two matchups, should they get a full team effort.

To bottom line it--I just don't think Tannehill is that much better than Cutler, I guess, at least talent-wise. Obviously, Tannehill's familiarity with the offense would pose more of a challenge, but if MIA ends up needing a new QB, Cutler's probably their best bet.

The consensus among the defense was if Cutler's 1st read wasn't open he would bail. And the defense was right about that. Did Gase help him stop doing that?

The consensus among the defense was if Cutler's 1st read wasn't open he would bail. And the defense was right about that. Did Gase help him stop doing that?

It doesn't matter. He's injury prone now, already checked out mentally so he's no answer.

Eventually SOMEBODY will NEED to sign Kaepernick

Kapernick chose his bed. He gets to sleep in it.

More than 90 % of quarterbacking is played between the ears. Krap has demonstrated there is nothing there but solid granite. All good Quarterbacks Unify their Teams and Lead their Teams, if they are worth a damn.

This doofus Divides his Team and Leads them... nowhere.

Politely he can go F himself. And IS doing so.

Don't with bodily harm against anybody, hope he is okay.

Why don't these ligaments heal on their own?

I would like to know this as well.

This is from the internet, so it's true:

ACLs can't heal?

Looking at torn ACL tissue under the microscope, Dr. Murray discovered that the injury tries to heal on its own—cells proliferate, blood vessels grow—but the ligament ends never join. When most ligaments tear, a blood clot forms, creating a temporary scaffold for cells to migrate onto, but in ACL tears, fluid in the knee joint washes the clot away.

Letting your QB play with a bad knee is a recipe for disaster. Remember watching RG3 hobbling out there until his weakened knee finally collapsed on him? Tannehill is a running QB, its probably the best part of his game. He would be bettered served getting it fixed now. If they play the lets wait and then put him back out there game, it is only going to delay the surgery that everyone knows is eventually coming.

Moore is a very good back up QB. He is probably still a better QB than Taylor in Buffalo and certainly better than anyone currently wearing a Jets uniform. Cutler would make sense. Colin "I love Fidel" Kaepernick will not even be a consideration in Miami.

We'll all laugh at the idea of Cutler as a replacement, but when he last played in Gase's offense in '15, he racked up a 28-11 TD/INT ratio, throwing for 3700 yds.

I really wouldn't see him as all that different than Tannehill, to be perfectly honest. I think they're both mediocre, but I also think that either one would have the capacity to steal one of the two matchups, should they get a full team effort.

To bottom line it--I just don't think Tannehill is that much better than Cutler, I guess, at least talent-wise. Obviously, Tannehill's familiarity with the offense would pose more of a challenge, but if MIA ends up needing a new QB, Cutler's probably their best bet.
Neither is much better than Moore.

It was 21 tds not 28

It's almost as if you are implying those are good #s. they aren't. They were 6-10 23rd in points 21 in yards.
Cutler was 19th in passing yards and no better than middle of the pack in any other stat while continuing to do what he does, lose.

It was 21 tds not 28

It's almost as if you are implying those are good #s. they aren't. They were 6-10 23rd in points 21 in yards.
Cutler was 19th in passing yards and no better than middle of the pack in any other stat while continuing to do what he does, lose.
When you don't have a starter at all at the moment, middle of the pack starts looking pretty good

When you don't have a starter at all at the moment, middle of the pack starts looking pretty good
Not really. Because middle of the pack stars WHILE LOSING is less than middle of the pack QB play and this middle of the pack numbers are the biggest complement cutlet can be given in many years.

Smart. Especially with a 40 year old QB.

Put the 40 year old up against the under 30 QB's over the past 5, 10, or 15 seasons and tell me how he's fared?

Even with Tannehill, Miami is really not much of a contender. They won something like eight consecutive close games last year to end the season (key sign of regression the following year), lost to nearly every team with a winning record, and were out scored in point differential over the whole season. They are essentially the exact same team the last 3-4 years, a team that should win 7-8 games. Vegas has them at around 7 wins this year - and well below 50% to make the playoffs - even before this injury. Tannehill is easily the most overhyped QB in the league; he had 19 TDs and 12 INTs last year despite great play all around him, a very solid run game and above average to elite skill players. The guy needs everything to go perfect, along with a weak schedule, and he is still pretty average. The Dolphins team and media does everything imaginable to sell his "development" to the fans, but he is really the same guy as always - maybe slightly above average, incapable of carrying a team over a season in any way. It's a tough situation for the Phins...so you keep a guy like this or cut bait? Similar to players like Dalton and Flacco.

That said, Tannehill is still better than Matt Moore. When factoring only actual skills, I would probably take Kaepernick over Tannehill because he is at least capable of playing at a pretty high level (just not consistently due to his accuracy.) Cutler? Who the heck knows. He consistently disappoints wherever he goes, despite the obvious physical talent.

I would only add to note that this would have been his second year under Gase and his system. He seemed to improve last season as the season progressed and I was curious to see if he would continue to improve this year.

But Tannehill still was one of the slowest decision makers in the league so he had a lot of improving to do. imo.

Anyways it is sad to see his season end like this. I wonder what it means for his future.

I would only add to note that this would have been his second year under Gase and his system. He seemed to improve last season as the season progressed and I was curious to see if he would continue to improve this year.

But Tannehill still was one of the slowest decision makers in the league so he had a lot of improving to do. imo.

Anyways it is sad to see his season end like this. I wonder what it means for his future.

I didn't hear Tannehill say a word while Brady was being framed and his reputation being blowtorched for something that was never done, so I don't see why I should care in the slightest that he reinjured his knee (by stupidly not undergoing a procedure he should have done). I do recall seeing, literally, dozens upon dozens of posts on Dolphins message boards openly rooting for a Brady knee injury. Tannehill has done absolutely nothing to make me respect him; he is a coddled athlete who can't handle when he doesn't get what he wants, throws everyone around him under the bus, and he openly ridicules practice squad players. Frankly, Tannehill can rot in hell for all I care, along with the other 31 teams in the NFL. He probably saved himself from another highly disappointing season where he proves how incapable he is of being a high-level, consistent quarterback.

If Cutler weren't such a baby he would have a ring in Denver. If Manning got one the horrible way he was playing with that great defense Cutler would have. Between Cutler and Kapernick I would go with Kap even though they are both pouters

It was 21 tds not 28

A mediot posted the 28-11 ratio yesterday, so it appears they got the columns mixed up from the year before in regards to TDs, but the point still stands.

How is he that much different than Ryan Tannehil? They're both mediocre, just like I said in my post, which you conveniently ignored.

I edited the previous post for accuracy.

Last edited:
Someone else posted the 28-11 ratio yesterday, so it appears they got the columns mixed up from the year before in regards to TDs, but the point still stands.

How is he that much different than Ryan Tannehil? They're both mediocre, just like I said in my post, which you conveniently ignored.
I would say I might take RT over JC, even though both aren't good IMO. Cutler may have a "big arm" but that only helps when you don't throw into double triple coverage after your first read.

RT doesn't seem as full of himself. Cutler is the prototype for the "I think I'm better than I really am" NFL player.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back