PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tannehill hurt at practice:

Supposedly his knee is structurally fine according to Phins sources.

Only a matter of time.

I wonder if they will trade with Denver for Trevor Siemian since he spent a year in Gase's system. Or maybe the Dolphins will coax Jay Cutler out of retirement.

David Chao's take is interesting. Despite his checkered past, he is right more often than he's wrong, which is impressive considering he is only using the same footage as fans. What he has to say is actually pretty shocking about the decision not to have ACL surgery last year (instead, he let it heal without surgery.)

It appears Tannehill won’t be able to avoid ACL reconstruction surgery this time.

Whether the ACL is “partially” torn is not the issue. The knee has proven to be unstable.

Nine times out of 10, partial ACL ends up unstable and needing surgery. The hope with Tannehill was that he was the exception.

Unfortunately for the hopes of the Dolphins and their fans, it does not seem to be consistent with PCL injury (which is not usually season ending) as some have speculated.

Rolling out, lead leg override and non contact unfortunately fits the narrative of ACL tear.

As fans hold their breath, the team already knows. A physical examination is very accurate most of the time. The Chargers yesterday were able to quickly determine ACL tear on Forrest Lamp using a MRI for confirmatory purposes.

Video indicates ACL surgery will be needed for Tannehill

Hmmm... It sounds like it is partially torn from before and the knee is not stable or recovered. He didn't hurt it any more today, though. If there's no stability there, he very likely needs to go under the knife anyway. (Not a doctor)

So it is so loose he can't plant it without a high risk of falling down. Which is worse?

Good point. I have changed my opinion after AImsaw Steve Smith on NFL network basically ***** slap Siciliano about the injury not being good. Something happened and that something after what happened last season is not good.

sure, price is 3 1st round picks

nah man, six 1st round picks, five 2nd round picks, four 3rd round picks, and three more picks in the 4th-7th.

The second one is a lot closer to the reality of what the Pats would require to trade him inside the Division. Three firsts wouldn't be enough, given the 50/50 nature of those picks.

"He's gotta be more pliable"

gruden1.png

For all we know right now, it could have been just your basic "tweak".

Let's all pray for this. Just a tweak. No big deal.

The Fish just have to get 3 or 4 wins. Then they can fall apart for all I care. They just have to get more wins than NY.

Facts get in the way of a story. Remember there was a moment last training camp when we thought Edelman was done.
Every time any Pat gets hurt, it seems the prevailing opinion here is that his career is over. Hangnails require amputation.

Good point. I have changed my opinion after AImsaw Steve Smith on NFL network basically ***** slap Siciliano about the injury not being good. Something happened and that something after what happened last season is not good.
So far, from a VERY LITTLE SAMPLE SIZE, I'm impressed with Smith's analysis n willingness to put it out there

So far, from a VERY LITTLE SAMPLE SIZE, I'm impressed with Smith's analysis n willingness to put it out there

I'm really starting to enjoy Steve Smith as an analyst. He's very insightful, and not a patriot hater.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back