PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk with Judge - Labor lawyer who deals with Unions every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Tim Hasselbeck, and other former NFL QBs think that Brady doesn't pass the smell test either?

Great question. Why not hire Ted Wells to investigate? That shouldn't cost too much or take too long.

Get back to us when you have it all figured out.

Run down of review to date.

1) If Brady is penalized in a significant way
2) Arbitration will be asked for
3)If Goodell does not choose a neutral arbitrator and chooses himself, Pash etc...
4) Brady's lawyers and Union will bring the issues of bias and unfair labor practices to a court in Massachusetts
5) The court will find cause and order the NFL appoint a neutral arbitrator
6) Brady wins in neutral arbitration but by this point he may well have missed games. (he would get his back pay)

Possible but unlikely Brady sues for defamation as rational people tend to avoid court but it is not like he can't afford the effort.

This is what I see now

If I'm Brady, as soon as any punishment is handed down I hold a press conference and do the following:

1. Strongly deny any wrongdoing
2. State I'm appealing all punishment
3. Publicly demand that the appeal is heard by an independent arbitrator that is agreed upon by both sides because of concerns over bias within the league

The NFL has played this entire situation in the public, its time Brady uses that public pressure against Goodell and the NFL. By doing this publicly and stating the NFL's bias in this situation it is going to make it very difficult for Goodell to appoint himself or someone else within the league as the arbitrator.

Fist off I don't think the NFL or Goody are the least bit worried about what Brady might do. Second while I think an arbitrator will side with Brady it is still a significant risk. I would prefer to see a fine over a suspension.

Great, so that dodges the bullet for now.

What about next time?

Who cares what they think? It's not about 'smell tests.' That's a pretty stupid way to get through life. Ignoring facts and listening only to your prejudices.

Yeah, what would 3 NFL QBs know compared to a homer like you?

If I'm Brady, as soon as any punishment is handed down I hold a press conference and do the following:

3. Publicly demand that the appeal is heard by an independent arbitrator that is agreed upon by both sides because of concerns over bias within the league

The NFL has played this entire situation in the public, its time Brady uses that public pressure against Goodell and the NFL. By doing this publicly and stating the NFL's bias in this situation it is going to make it very difficult for Goodell to appoint himself or someone else within the league as the arbitrator.

I would but the PR battle is a different animal than the legal battle. If I were Kraft, Belichick or Brady, at those first press conferances, I would have begun it by showing the Headsmart labs video. That was the time to affect the narrative of the press.

Yeah, what would 3 NFL QBs know compared to a homer like you?
What could a bunch of grumpy old has-Beens possibly know about this situation? A lot is us probably understand the natural laws governing air pressure better than these ignoramuses.

Great question. Why not hire Ted Wells to investigate? That shouldn't cost too much or take too long.

Get back to us when you have it all figured out.

Easy. Hasselback stinks. Brady makes Aikman a footnote. And Montana is scared sh*tless that TB may get 5. Notice how he's been more visible this past year? Doing Pap Johns commercials with Peyton? Yeah, gotta look at who people are or what they have to lose or have lost.

That will be 2 million dollars. You can pay it in 20s please.

from Nov/2014

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/21/nflpa-player-discipline-demaurice-smith-eric-winston-interview/

DSMITH:
I care about the process. Is the process of hearing evidence, gathering evidence, evaluating evidence going to be fair?

Is the person going to hear this evidence compromised because he is going to have to make judgments about whether people in his own office were telling the truth?

and this is where the NFL is going to be torn a new one.........at no point in the process of addressing alleged tampering of balls was any process followed...

from Nov/2014

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/21/nflpa-player-discipline-demaurice-smith-eric-winston-interview/

DSMITH:

and this is where the NFL is going to be torn a new one.........at no point in the process of addressing alleged tampering of balls was any process followed...

I am shocked just how incompetent the players union is to not have arbitration by a neutral arbitrator as the default but instead having the default arbitrator being Goodell. The NBA and MLB have this.

Last edited:
I am shocked just how incompetent the payers union is to not have arbitration by a neutral arbitrator as the default but instead having the default arbitrator being Goodell. The NBA and MLB have this.

Remember what the football players actually went to war over in this CBA:

1. Summer practices
  2. Number of hitting days between games
  3. How much money they were going to GIVE UP to owners when the league was making money hand over fist

They caved on just about everything else. It was a staggering level of incompetence on display.

Lolwut? Goodell can really be the arbitrator? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the arbitrator?

Lolwut? Goodell can really be the arbitrator? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the arbitrator?

Goodell was not only the arbitrator in the Saints/Jonathan Vilma case, (the first time--the second time he handed it off to Tagliabue, which occurred many months later) but he also upheld his original suspension even though it was overturned by a federal judge.

Vilma had to go to the federal level twice to try and get his suspension overturned, even though they agreed with him and overturned it the first time. At one point the whole punishment phase went back to zero and started over. That should show you how strange this process is.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/vilma-back-court-bountygate-suspension-article-1.1183969

NFL Players Association agreed in the CBA (Article XI, s. 1(a)) that the "conduct detrimental" claims would be adjudicated solely by the Commissioner, without recourse to a neutral arbitrator. What a stupid labor agreement this is

I wonder why Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Tim Hasselbeck, and other former NFL QBs think that Brady doesn't pass the smell test either?

Tim Hasselback the ESPN paid stooge that played what 5 games in the NFL? You show that you are an absolute joke and troll including his name.

As for Montana and Aikman ya they have no ulterior motives or anything.

Like Aikman who had been tied with Brady with three SB rings or Montana who Brady was looking to tie while having tw0 more SB appearances.

Ya absolutely no reason why those two would try to knock Brady's legacy. :rolleyes:

Tim Hasselback the ESPN paid stooge that played what 5 games in the NFL? You show that you are an absolute joke and troll including his name.

As for Montana and Aikman ya they have no ulterior motives or anything.

Like Aikman who had been tied with Brady with three SB rings or Montana who Brady was looking to tie while having tw0 more SB appearances.

Ya absolutely no reason why those two would try to knock Brady's legacy. :rolleyes:

Ah huh, everybody's guilty but Brady. Where you part of OJ Simpsons defense team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back