PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk with Judge - Labor lawyer who deals with Unions every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft had damned well better be pushing Goodell to appoint a truly neutral arbitrator when Brady appeals the suspension Troy Vincent hands out.

If such an appointment doesn't happen, it proves once and for all that the "Kraft has tons of influence in the NFL" crowd are delusional.

More venting out loud..
So.....the Wells report states that McNally's bathroom trip was a one time only event with no corroboration that he ever went to the bathroom prior to any game before. OK....then answer me this....Given Indy's statements that it was common knowledge in the league that NE needled their balls all the time.......So........where and when did these needlings take place? The Wells report says the balls never left officials site except this game....yet the Pats are serial needlers???
Next......some homework for the board. Please write down the exact times and places you went to the bathroom yesterday. And if you answer you can't be sure....you shall be vilified as a liar and an obstructionist....just like McNally
Next....help me because I must be simple minded.....During the text conversations after the Jets game, are there discussions at any time regarding the future planning of needling at the AFC Championship game? No??? Then any reasonable arbiter would toss these conversations because they are irrelevant to the crime supposedly committed on AFC Champ day.
Also, any reasonable arbiter would look at Brady's reluctance to hand over his personal cell phone and first ask the NFL why the NFL has the right to violate Brady's personal space aka phone, computer, car, home, etc? What arbiter would accept the NFL's interpretation that failure to comply invokes punishment?
Next.......The Wells report describes the referee with reverence deserving high esteem.....but in the next sentence they dismiss his recollection of which pump he measured balls with. So....WELLS ACCEPTS the refs memory that all balls were originally pumped to a 12.5 lb level.....though no written documentation.....but WELLS DOES NOT ACCEPT the refs memory regarding which pump he used. Talk about a self serving interpretation of the refs faculties.
As Florio suggested over the weekend, a good lawyer would shred this report in ten minutes. Imagine losing millions in salary based on.........no direct evidence....just speculation. I can't see a fair arbiter accepting the NFL's weak connection of the dots and I certainly don't expect a fair arbiter to agree with the expected severe punishment handed down. No way
So it comes down to ...will Goodell step aside as arbiter (I'm in the camp that Vincent is a puppet...I could be wrong). I say no way....He needs this. If 31 stakeholders are on board for a severe sentence, no way Goodell abdicates responsibility. Who wouldn't feel empowered by 97% support.

Last edited:
I must add this......It is my belief that a much softer football loses its integrity ...aka......its aerodynamics. So....which NFL QB in the league chucks the biggest ducks....aka....floaters/wobblers?
Hmmmmm?

Kudos to Rich Levine:

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/wells-report-lost-text-messages

The full conversation.

In all its glory:

09:05:45 EDT
McNally: Tom sucks… I’m going make that next ball a f*ckin balloon.

09:06:11 EDT
Jastremski: LOL. Hey so when are you going to have that camera set up for Bears practice?

09:06:25 EDT
McNally: Aw hell. Now Belichick is whining, too?

09:06:35 EDT
Jastremski: Sorrrry : )

09:06:57 EDT
McNally: Well you tell that goon that I used the rest of the tape on the Jets last week. Gotta few more extra rolls, but I need to delete some old footage first.

09:07:08 EDT
Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done.

09:07:18 EDT
McNally: And I’m guessing you said it was my fault?

09:07:37 EDT
Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though...

09:07:55 EDT
McNally: OK, Fine. So now what’s Tom *****ing about?

A good article regarding Brady not handing over his PERSONAL cell phone (you will see why I emphasize personal in the article)

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/...ells-investigation-team/#.VVDGQaUMphU.twitter
capture2.jpg

how can this be misunderstood as something -ve? Even Peter King wants to know the conversations for the 55 mins. Cant he get a glimpse here ?

Disagree, pretty easy to text fast with autofill/autocorrect on phones these days. And the only one that came rapid-fire was Jastremski's reply at 9:07:08, but he had probably started typing his response after the 'sorry :(', since he was probably trying to explain what BB was mad about.

I see no reason to not believe this, I doubt Levine would have posted something thorough like this without it OBVIOUSLY being satire.

It's satire. The recovers texts part that is.

Hilarity!
We needed some desperately right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill